TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby 3.0

robertlane

PROGRESS - Sometimes you like the changes it provides and sometimes you don't.

Team Shelby 3.0 is a faster, richer and more feature packed site. In many ways though, there is a "getting" used to learning curve. I'll start posting some tips and tricks later on today on how you can take advantage of what's new.

I am also working on a Team Shelby 3.0 skin based on user feedback from the test site. It will be similar to the old Team Shelby site, however, cleaner and crisper.

We will also be implementing new features based upon your feedback during the test period. As those move forward, I will make sure to post in this forum on what they are and how they work.

I would like to be the first to thank Robert on the new 3.0 Team Shelby web site. There is more hp here and once you know the track here you will be blaz'in away.

Way to go Robert....

Tom

You may already be working on it with the skins, man the green is hard to read the white lettering.

But I'm sure once all bugs are worked out and we get used to the new interface it'll be great!

Since we're now on 3.0, where's the Registry stuff Roger keeps promising will be here with Team Shelby 3.0?

PROGRESS - Sometimes you like the changes it provides and sometimes you don't.

Team Shelby 3.0 is a faster, richer and more feature packed site. In many ways though, there is a "getting" used to learning curve. I'll start posting some tips and tricks later on today on how you can take advantage of what's new.

I am also working on a Team Shelby 3.0 skin based on user feedback from the test site. It will be similar to the old Team Shelby site, however, cleaner and crisper.

We will also be implementing new features based upon your feedback during the test period. As those move forward, I will make sure to post in this forum on what they are and how they work.

The "show all" emoticons is not showing the images. I'm using Firefox 3.06

I'll add, can you just turn off the little pointy arrow flashy things without designing a whole new "skin"?

Very cool! Will we get seasonal motif's from now on?

Thanks for the update!

Yes, we'd like to add seasonal skins.

You may already be working on it with the skins, man the green is hard to read the white lettering.

But I'm sure once all bugs are worked out and we get used to the new interface it'll be great!

Since we're now on 3.0, where's the Registry stuff Roger keeps promising will be here with Team Shelby 3.0?

Spoke with Roger on this earlier today. He will be adding content soon.

Can you make the skins / motifs are whatever you wish to call it configurable? While I like the features of the new version and the improved performance, I really would like a less cartoonish look.

Also, I don't like all the little animations, it is a bit distracting. Not to mention it reminds me of a one of those test as the eye doctor. Can we have an option to make that configurable?

I'm not trying to complain so much, as offer improvements. I would like a little control over the look if at all possible...

Lastly, THANKS for all that you do for Team Shelby!

You say the new 3.0 is faster? No so for me. It takes about 20 seconds to download a page compared to the old site which took about 3 seconds. I use a dial-up service and have Windows XP and have had NO problems with the previous site and NO problems with any other web site. So why so slow with the "new, faster and crisper" new site??

Archived