TEAM SHELBY FORUM

svt resonator elim. v JLT intake

cbr1000

That is correct. However, some guys still like having the brace.

I thought the brace will fit over the factory resonator eliminator too. On a side note....the new forum format (green/red)sucks imo... It's difficult to read.

I read on another thread that Ford stiffened the structure on the 2010's thereby eliminating the need for the strut brace.

thats true,but almost all verts have a cowl shake,so the strut helps.In my research, there arent any struts that fit over the stock intake. PS--I also dont like the new format,fonts are too small,and its too busy

By putting the JLT on, I was able to install the strut brace on my Vert. When I did it, there was no option for the Ford resonator eliminator, it wasn't announced yet. If i had to do it again, i would still go with the JLT - it looks better (IMHO), and provides a straighter airflow into the throttle body. And also brings back a nice amount of S/C whine. But yes, with either option, any of the strut tower braces will fit. The strut brace DEFINITELY stiffens my Vert up a bit, and cowl shake is NOTICEABLY less. So, its doing "something". Here is my pic:

post-24738-126038157614_thumb.jpg

And YES, this new format BLOWS

This:

tn_2010%20GT500%20036_medium.jpg

Or this:

tn_2010%20GT500%20066.jpg

The JLT is not for HP, but looks. We gained about 4-5 RWHP on the dyno, but with that said the Ford $60 part is only good for what? Sound?

No you can not fit a strut bar with the stock or Ford intake tube.

Let me know if I can help

Jay

By putting the JLT on, I was able to install the strut brace on my Vert. When I did it, there was no option for the Ford resonator eliminator, it wasn't announced yet. If i had to do it again, i would still go with the JLT - it looks better (IMHO), and provides a straighter airflow into the throttle body. And also brings back a nice amount of S/C whine. But yes, with either option, any of the strut tower braces will fit. The strut brace DEFINITELY stiffens my Vert up a bit, and cowl shake is NOTICEABLY less. So, its doing "something". Here is my pic:

Goldgus---was it pretty simple to install both units, no drilling.Im mechanically challenged,but seems pretty simpe changeout and install.I see they have a stripe option on the strut, what was your rationale--thanks PS our cars were made the same day that makes us Irish twins

Goldgus, what air filter are you using?

Dont you still have to put spacers (washers) under the strut tower brace to clear the JlT tube? Also would a brace like the KR's fit also?

JLT supplied the spacers when i bought the painted strut tower brace, and I put them in, however i think it would have cleared the intake even without them. But didn't want to take the chance that under acceleration, the engine could twist a bit and make contact...

There should be no reason that the KR brace wouldnt fit...

Goldgus---was it pretty simple to install both units, no drilling.Im mechanically challenged,but seems pretty simpe changeout and install.I see they have a stripe option on the strut, what was your rationale--thanks PS our cars were made the same day that makes us Irish twins

Hey Bob - REALLY simple, a ratchet and a screwdriver..., took me 10 minutes to install both.

I bought the painted brace before JLT offered them with the stripes, otherwise I def would have gotten them on there, I may even send it back over the winter to have the stripes put on...

Hey Bob - REALLY simple, a ratchet and a screwdriver..., took me 10 minutes to install both.

I bought the painted brace before JLT offered them with the stripes, otherwise I def would have gotten them on there, I may even send it back over the winter to have the stripes put on...

thanks--it might be a little overwhelming with the stripes and the red brace---tucker said he can paint a little thinner stripes.Also thinking of a red intake, but he says its a little darker red than the torched.Ill have to look at my engine bay again,and imagine how it would look

Id bet theyd do it for you.I was fooling around with dimensions on the stripe for the strut.If i keep the same proportions on the strut as the car itself has for the hood, the 10 in stripes for the hood,becaomes 7 in on the strut brace.Im concerend that if I use the 10 in on the strut,it'll overwhelm the eninge compartment.Am i overthinking this.

JLT supplied the spacers when i bought the painted strut tower brace, and I put them in, however i think it would have cleared the intake even without them. But didn't want to take the chance that under acceleration, the engine could twist a bit and make contact...

There should be no reason that the KR brace wouldnt fit...

I bought my KR strut brace from another TS member, it won't fit without spacers, Jay Tucker sold me a pair for $16.00, the spacers look much better IMHO than the washers I used at first. I have the JLT intake tube.

I bought my KR strut brace from another TS member, it won't fit without spacers, Jay Tucker sold me a pair for $16.00, the spacers look much better IMHO than the washers I used at first. I have the JLT intake tube.

So how long until some company realizes that they can make a new intake like the JLT so that you can put a strut brace on but not have to install some stupid spacers? I think everyone would buy that one over the JLT, or JLT simply change theres so you can?

I just read in 5.0 mustang, the one with sonic sleeper on the cover, that ford racing is coming out with a strut tower brace for the 2010 gt500. They even had a pic of it too, but i have to be honest, it isn't pretty looking. It's on page 37 if your interested. There is also a nice artical in there were the did a pulley, tune, throttle body and what not.

The spacers are needed as we have the largest tube on the market. Larger tube = more air.

We made the tubes as large as we could to handle high HP. We have this on 8-900 RWHP GT500's, so we covered the gammit from stock to wild!

Plus when installed you can barely even see the spacers.

Thanks

Jay

Goldgus what kind of Air filter is that and where did you get it?

The spacers are needed as we have the largest tube on the market. Larger tube = more air.

We made the tubes as large as we could to handle high HP. We have this on 8-900 RWHP GT500's, so we covered the gammit from stock to wild!

Plus when installed you can barely even see the spacers.

Thanks

Jay

Jay would it be possible to paint the spacers the same color as the brace??

Archived