TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nobody Wants My Money

snakeplissken

I missed a 07 GT500 by an hour the day after Christmas for $13K over MSRP, since then I have offered $13K over to 4 other dealers for a GT500 and have been turned down by all of the them. They want $20K to $60K over MSRP. I guess I will just wait.

What color do you want and where are you located?

Cobra Boy

I missed a 07 GT500 by an hour the day after Christmas for $13K over MSRP, since then I have offered $13K over to 4 other dealers for a GT500 and have been turned down by all of the them. They want $20K to $60K over MSRP. I guess I will just wait.

You must live in California! I offered a dealer $60,000 cash, out the door, and was turned down too.

Hoppefully I'll have one soon... It's either somewhere between Cali and MI or it's still in MI. No one seems to know!

Karen

I see that the pricing is still holding firm from where things were back in October when I ordered my car. It sounds to me like prices have maybe even nudged up a tad. (SCGT leave the word tad alone please) :hysterical:

I went through this too. I finally decided what my limit really was and started calling the people on e-bay with cars that matched what I wanted. I had to work with a dealer willing to take a trade and told them here's my best and ony offer - Many times I came close - then finally the one in OH said yes and I got the car.

Good luck. I have to believe that at 13K over you will get one. I was 8-10K over depending on how you play the #'s game with my trade. The paper would have you believe 8K but they low balled the trade I think so really 10K - in anycase it was an out the door deal I needed and I know that they will contact me if/when they get anothert as I told them I may know where to get another buyer in the future.

They are near Cinci, OH - if you would consider buying from the midwest????

So will there be any relief when the 2008 models start to increase the total production numbers? I've given up offering $5,000 over MSRP.

And I can't believe I'm saying that either. All my previous Mustangs have been purchased at $500.00 to $1,000.00 over invoice. If Ford's sales are so terrible why in the world don't they crank up the production of these cars, or negotiate a couple more years of production. Afterall, they built the Cobra's for 10 years.

Frustrated in Nevada

David

What color do you want and where are you located?

Cobra Boy

Red(Coupe) with White Stripes Loaded.

You must live in California! I offered a dealer $60,000 cash, out the door, and was turned down too.

Hoppefully I'll have one soon... It's either somewhere between Cali and MI or it's still in MI. No one seems to know!

Karen

kali it is.

I see that the pricing is still holding firm from where things were back in October when I ordered my car. It sounds to me like prices have maybe even nudged up a tad. (SCGT leave the word tad alone please) :hysterical:

He must be sleeping, he missed Shelbygal's "hoppefully", must a another sticking keyboard :hysterical2:

So will there be any relief when the 2008 models start to increase the total production numbers? I've given up offering $5,000 over MSRP.

And I can't believe I'm saying that either. All my previous Mustangs have been purchased at $500.00 to $1,000.00 over invoice. If Ford's sales are so terrible why in the world don't they crank up the production of these cars, or negotiate a couple more years of production. Afterall, they built the Cobra's for 10 years.

Frustrated in Nevada

David

It does suck but SVT has always been about lower volumes to maintain value and exclusivity. My guess is the 2008 will be the same challenge. Our canadian dealers have oversold 2007 and 2008 allotments months ago......................

I just picked mine up last Wednesday and the dealer told me they still have people with signed orders and deposits just waiting for someone to cancel out and they'll take any color combo..........unreal!! My car was #8, #9 had just arrived so people hoping the dealers last 6 cars to come that someone cancels out.

It must BE! Or do you just leave out whole words to confuse everyone? You guys are brutal, but I can play that game too.

Hoppe... must've been thinking about beer when I typed that. :headspin:

Snake,

What dealer told you $60K over? The most I've heard so far is $30K.

Karen

You have over ten posts now so that means you in the group and fair game :spiteful:

After reading this, I'm glad I paid my ADM on a certificate to order and got the combo I wanted. I couldn't imagine having to call around to find a decent deal on a GT500 that's already been ordered/ delivered.

I agree. I locked and loaded in Oct. for my custom order. I was wondering if I was going to have to eat crow after the crap some were giving me for paying the ADM.

I saw an EBAY ad for "custom build to order" at 14995 buy it now price. When I looked earlier today, the bidding was around 8K.

On ebay, search with GT500 , then GT 500. It does make a difference.

Archived