TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How Many KRs Have Factory NAV..?

oldlugs

Hey there, KR folks. Just wondering how many KRs were optioned with the factory NAV system, and who here has that unit in their KR.

If you have the factory unit, do you get a startup screen like this:

13_95227.jpg

OR, do you have the standard FORD logo on startup..?

Thanks, Duane

Thanks. I wasn't sure, and just came upon that picture at another forum...

I had to ask you see, as my KR has the NAV, but I had to go back to the dealer for a DVD... It was one of the items missing from my owner's pack. I did get the dealer to come up with a standard '09 NAV DVD, but was curious about that snake startup... Could just be someone's photoshopped image; don't know.

Duane

Thanks. I wasn't sure, and just came upon that picture at another forum...

I had to ask you see, as my KR has the NAV, but I had to go back to the dealer for a DVD... It was one of the items missing from my owner's pack. I did get the dealer to come up with a standard '09 NAV DVD, but was curious about that snake startup... Could just be someone's photoshopped image; don't know.

Duane

That's the standard start-up screen on the 2010 NAVs. Not 100% sure but I think the 2010 screen may be a little bigger to.

That's the standard start-up screen on the 2010 NAVs. Not 100% sure but I think the 2010 screen may be a little bigger to.

Does anyone know if the Cobra start up screen is part of the CD or built into the NAV unit?

Just to be clear that's the start up screen on the 2010 GT500 nav radio. Mustang GT's and other vehicles get the Ford blue oval Logo.

The various start up logos, Ford logo, Mercury logo, Lincoln logo an now the snake log are flashed programmed into the actual units. The map cd's do not contain that info.

Steve

Does anyone know if the Cobra start up screen is part of the CD or built into the NAV unit?

The 2010's aren't CD/DVD based. I believe they update via the Bluetooth Cell phone connection.

The Cobra is the default start-up screen and it changes from "Good Mourning" to "Good Afternoon" to "Good Evening", depending on the time of day.

HTH,

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Just to be clear that's the start up screen on the 2010 GT500 nav radio. Mustang GT's and other vehicles get the Ford blue oval Logo.

The various start up logos, Ford logo, Mercury logo, Lincoln logo an now the snake log are flashed programmed into the actual units. The map cd's do not contain that info.

Steve

Thanks for the info.

Is there anyway to reflash the NAV's in the 09 GT500 to show the Cobra???

Archived