TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Done in by a Honda

thewheelman

Thursday night, on my way home from work, I met up with a Honda. I thought I had the green light, so did they. We met in the middle of the intersection. I drove it home, no fluids leaking, seemed to run fine. Front bumper cover--gone, upper and lower grills--gone, parking lights, headlights, fog lights--gone, hood--wrinkled up on front edge. Not sure about the front fenders--they don't show any obvious damage, but may have been torqued by the impact.

I was on a one way street, in the far left lane to make a left turn onto a 2 way street. Saw green and slipped it down into second, and the Honda was on top of me. Locked the brakes but drug the nose of my car the length of the Honda. Couple in the car behind them said they had green, pizza delivery guy behind me said I had green. Maybe I can have her back by Christmas.

30 years since the last time I put a dent on a car and I had to do it to this one!

PC040003.jpg

PC040009.jpg

The does hurt to look at but look at the bright side. You don't have to take off the bumper to upgrade your heat exchanger. Do it now before the bumper gets put back on plus the brake cooling ducts if you had that in mind.

Bumper practically goes off and on with six bolts anyhew. :hysterical:

The does hurt to look at but look at the bright side. You don't have to take off the bumper to upgrade your heat exchanger. Do it now before the bumper gets put back on plus the brake cooling ducts if you had that in mind.

Now thats taking a postive approach :)

But it still hurts to look at :cry: Glad your ok.

Ouch is right ...... lets keep our fingers crossed u get er back by christmas

Glad no one was hurt. The damage repair is going to cost a lot more than it looks. My guess would be around $5,000+. Good luck, and make sure your insurance company uses a very good body shop that knows how to repair cars and doesn't get overspray on everything. :shift:

Thanks for all your concern and support! I need it! Really bummed about bashing my baby, but so thankful no one was injured. Yeah, 2 seconds earlier and I'd been t-boned...in my door! Ins says $5700+ in damage (the hood is $1200+ alone). I told both the adjuster and body shop owner that I was going to be obsessively particular about how it was put back together and both agreed. Body guy thinks "maybe" done by Christmas, more likely by the new year, depending on how quickly they can get the parts. Got good confidence in body shop, one of the oldest and best reputation in town....does a lot of "high end" work (for western Kentucky, that's BMW's and Lexus') and is very particular about his work too.

Thanks for all your concern and support! I need it! Really bummed about bashing my baby, but so thankful no one was injured. Yeah, 2 seconds earlier and I'd been t-boned...in my door! Ins says $5700+ in damage (the hood is $1200+ alone). I told both the adjuster and body shop owner that I was going to be obsessively particular about how it was put back together and both agreed. Body guy thinks "maybe" done by Christmas, more likely by the new year, depending on how quickly they can get the parts. Got good confidence in body shop, one of the oldest and best reputation in town....does a lot of "high end" work (for western Kentucky, that's BMW's and Lexus') and is very particular about his work too.

Sorry for your crash;and just before Christmas...bummer. Had a moving van run into the back of my pristine 03 Terminator some years back. Almost totaled it.The Ford body shop took their time and did a beautiful job. Took a couple of weeks. Yours should take much less time. Now I've got an 07 and so far have kept it damage free. Now waiting to order the new 2011. Glad you found a body tech that has a good work ethic... it matters. Hope you get it back by Christmas. Watch those intersections! What part of Md do you hail from? I'm in Montgomery County.

Archived