TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Isn't There A GT500 Locator??

snakeplissken

Why isn't there a GT500 locator on the Net? I have looked on the Autotrader and Ebay, but it would be much easier to if I could do a locator on GT500's in the whole USA. I did this when I bought my 07 Z06 2 months ago, Theres the Hardy Locator and it pulls up every New Z06 for sale in the US, You can even locate by color and Equipment. Going to the Ford website only pulls up dealers in certain Zip codes.

I believe each dealer can punch in a code & locate any model you are looking for

You are correct. I have sat next to the fleet dealer that I know well and watched that search be done. It shows all the GT500's on the ground and what is incomming. Pretty cool.

Can you go see a dealer and ask him to do it for you while you watch. What is so hard about that. ??

If you a great personal relationship with a dealer then maybe thats a good option for the rest of us its probably not going to pan out. In my view it takes away some of the dealers thunder why give a customer information to allow them to possibly do a better deal with a competing dealer. Also it allows people to gauge whats really out there available in the market as in how many cars are still around unsold and whats coming. As we have seen posted some dealers want the belief of only one year to stay in the front of peoples minds when trying to get a car.

I also think Snake has tried to meet the ADM requests being put to him it appears in my humble opinion that the folks he has dealt with are looking to make a big kill. I understand free market and all that Ford has control over all this supply and demand stuff they can either A. say yes we are making 1 year only B. we are making 2 years only or whatever needs to be said to clear the air, but it needs to come from them. They are making zero off any ADMs.

Kb67,

You are right. If you have no relationship with a dealer than it would be tough. There are ways to get into the back door. It is called the Fleet sales dept. No pressure. No sales pitch. If you go that route and have done some homework and have some people skills, you can break thru to the info that you need. I have done that at 3 dealerships, and knew nobody there !

If you a great personal relationship with a dealer then maybe thats a good option for the rest of us its probably not going to pan out. In my view it takes away some of the dealers thunder why give a customer information to allow them to possibly do a better deal with a competing dealer. Also it allows people to gauge whats really out there available in the market as in how many cars are still around unsold and whats coming. As we have seen posted some dealers want the belief of only one year to stay in the front of peoples minds when trying to get a car.

I also think Snake has tried to meet the ADM requests being put to him it appears in my humble opinion that the folks he has dealt with are looking to make a big kill. I understand free market and all that Ford has control over all this supply and demand stuff they can either A. say yes we are making 1 year only B. we are making 2 years only or whatever needs to be said to clear the air, but it needs to come from them. They are making zero off any ADMs.

You are Totally Correct.

Archived