TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock boost number in the 11's

DaFreak

Hi All,

Just got back from a drive and noticed that the boost (stock) was going a little past 11 on the gauge. I'm certainly not complaining but curious what stock numbers you are seeing? BTW - It was cold and crisp today so maybe that gave me a little extra?

DaFreak

Hi All,

Just got back from a drive and noticed that the boost (stock) was going a little past 11 on the gauge. I'm certainly not complaining but curious what stock numbers you are seeing? BTW - It was cold and crisp today so maybe that gave me a little extra?

DaFreak

I have seen mine go as high as 10 but never over that.

There are many factors that affect boost, one being elevation. 8-9 is normal. I've never seen 11 from a stock motor.Just enjoy...it's a gift.

I sure will. Yep, Eugene sits at 430ft elevation and it's 37 degrees with 47% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.90 today. Sounds perfect for boost!

DaFreak

I sure will. Yep, Eugene sits at 430ft elevation and it's 37 degrees with 47% humidity and a barometric pressure of 29.90 today. Sounds perfect for boost!

DaFreak

Uh, somebody is not paying attention to their door sticker... The one that states this vehicle should not be driven in temperatures under 40 degrees... :rolleyes:

Believe me, if there wasn't snow on the ground here in NJ, I'd be out there...

Uh, somebody is not paying attention to their door sticker... The one that states this vehicle should not be driven in temperatures under 40 degrees... :rolleyes:

Believe me, if there wasn't snow on the ground here in NJ, I'd be out there...

Ha! Funny Goldgus because my wife asked me before I left: "Are you supposed to be driving when it's lower than 40 out?". I gave her some story and had a ball :happy feet:

DaFreak

Ha! Funny Goldgus because my wife asked me before I left: "Are you supposed to be driving when it's lower than 40 out?". I gave her some story and had a ball :happy feet:

DaFreak

it was 28 here in Atl today wehn i took off for a great cruise to meet up with 08 Mustang (Cam) and his group of 8 Shelbys today.Other than being a little more squirreely than usual in !st, the car was great.In fact,althoug im not a street racer, I was on a 4 lane local road at 7:15 AM at a red light with no traffic in front of me.The next light was at leat 1/2 mile away,up a slight incline,maybe 15degrees.W A new Bimer pulled next to me.After slipping and slding thru 1st, i pulled up in 2nd,and was pullingaway in 3rd, when he backed off.At the next light i went off slowly and saw it was an M5!Fun!

it was 28 here in Atl today wehn i took off for a great cruise to meet up with 08 Mustang (Cam) and his group of 8 Shelbys today.Other than being a little more squirreely than usual in !st, the car was great.In fact,althoug im not a street racer, I was on a 4 lane local road at 7:15 AM at a red light with no traffic in front of me.The next light was at leat 1/2 mile away,up a slight incline,maybe 15degrees.W A new Bimer pulled next to me.After slipping and slding thru 1st, i pulled up in 2nd,and was pullingaway in 3rd, when he backed off.At the next light i went off slowly and saw it was an M5!Fun!

Nice Torched! We're lucky to be able to take em out when it's like this. And, handing a M5 his lunch.... Priceless!

DaFreak

I was thinkin the same, who has time to stare at the boost gauge, certainly not I, maybe I'm a wuss?

Wuss no, smart yes! I can't help it though, my eyes get glued to it sometimes.

I guess that's one reason why I'm DaFreak!

Archived