TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TSB 9-24-16 GRUNT/CREAK/SQUEAK/CHIRP NOISE FROM THE LOWER CONTROL ARM BUSHING OVER BUMPS - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 8/3/2009

Grabber

So according to my service writer, there is no alignment needed. But I still think mine is off a tad, so they are going to check it since I only have 7400 miles. And the parts have to come directly from ford in detroit so it wont be done until friday night. Man I hope the front end feels tighter and more like a new car should. I traded in an 07 C6, and the moment I drove this shelby I though the front end felt loose over bumps. I will let you guys know how it feels when I get it back. Man I cant wait.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So according to my service writer, there is no alignment needed. But I still think mine is off a tad, so they are going to check it since I only have 7400 miles. And the parts have to come directly from ford in detroit so it wont be done until friday night. Man I hope the front end feels tighter and more like a new car should. I traded in an 07 C6, and the moment I drove this shelby I though the front end felt loose over bumps. I will let you guys know how it feels when I get it back. Man I cant wait.

So here we go again. The damn dealer dragged its feet. The parts didnt show up until late and now my car has to sit there all weekend NOT being worked on. I get to drive the loaner focus..YAY. It will be done on monday.

my dealer only want s to do the left side which i think is rediculous. Im bringing it back in when the roads are a little cleaner to test drive again. To change one side and not the other makes no sense to me.

Amazing. Simply amazing. The bounds of the lengths Ford dealers go to piss off their best customers, never ceases to amaze me.

I have learned that being calm and super nice at the dealer is the way to go, but I am not sure I could have kept my cool, while a service writer was telling me that..

Amazing. Simply amazing. The bounds of the lengths Ford dealers go to piss off their best customers, never ceases to amaze me.

I have learned that being calm and super nice at the dealer is the way to go, but I am not sure I could have kept my cool, while a service writer was telling me that..

When I purchased my SGT/BJ the salesman that was trying to sell the car knew very little about it, the point I'm trying to make is very simple, with specialty cars the owner generally knows more about the car and it's issues than the dealer, unless they have a guru on staff at the dealer, which many do. This tidbit was shared with me by an inventory control manager at Earnhardt Ford after the sale, a nice guy.

A service writer is not a mechanic and knows generally how to do the paperwork to get your car into the dealership to be evaluated.

Just my thoughts...... Glenn

When I purchased my SGT/BJ the salesman that was trying to sell the car knew very little about it, the point I'm trying to make is very simple, with specialty cars the owner generally knows more about the car and it's issues than the dealer, unless they have a guru on staff at the dealer, which many do. This tidbit was shared with me by an inventory control manager at Earnhardt Ford after the sale, a nice guy.

A service writer is not a mechanic and knows generally how to do the paperwork to get your car into the dealership to be evaluated.

Just my thoughts...... Glenn

I don't know on this one. Seems like a cashier should be able to figure this one out. I agree with what you are saying, but then all they would have to do is say "I bet with you owning a car like this, you probably can tell me what gets done with this TSB more than I can." Then go and put a few minutes into research and figure out it makes zero sense to replace one side and not the other. Instead I have heard "you can't believe what you read on the internet", which sets me off more. Very lucklily, right now, I have an awesome service writer that works with me on the GT500, but if he was gone, I would be back to zero dealing with this kinda stuff.

Ok so I picked up my shelby from the dealer last night after they fixed the rear deck rattle and front end TSB. Well in true form, the rattle is still there(third visit) and the front end still feels loose and makes noise over bumps. AND, to really set me off, the alignment is even more FOCKED up then before. The wheel is not centered when the car and going straight and now it pulls to the right side. The car is going into the dealer again tonight for the 4th time for the rattle and the front end. I called Ford customer service this morning and they are going to send a ford engineer to the dealership to watch the shop foreman work on my car and test it out after. If this keeps up, I may get my lawyer involved. So at 7400 miles, I have a phantom rear deck rattle and screwed up alignment that cant seem to be fixed. And other dealers around the area will not touch it if another dealer just worked on it because the original dealer needs to eat the cost of continuing to work on it.

Ok so I picked up my shelby from the dealer last night after they fixed the rear deck rattle and front end TSB. Well in true form, the rattle is still there(third visit) and the front end still feels loose and makes noise over bumps. AND, to really set me off, the alignment is even more FOCKED up then before. The wheel is not centered when the car and going straight and now it pulls to the right side. The car is going into the dealer again tonight for the 4th time for the rattle and the front end. I called Ford customer service this morning and they are going to send a ford engineer to the dealership to watch the shop foreman work on my car and test it out after. If this keeps up, I may get my lawyer involved. So at 7400 miles, I have a phantom rear deck rattle and screwed up alignment that cant seem to be fixed. And other dealers around the area will not touch it if another dealer just worked on it because the original dealer needs to eat the cost of continuing to work on it.

Man, sorry to hear that. Sounds like you've got more going on than just the issue addressed by the TSB? Good luck and keep us posted. At least they're sending the engineer down. If they can't fix it maybe he'll at least be able to provide some insight.

So Ford called me back today to let me know that they are going to send out an engineer to check out the car for next week, AND for all my troubles they gave me AT NO CHARGE, a 3/45k maintainence plan that covers oil changes, tire rotations, wipers and BRAKE PADS AND DISCS!!!! This is huge, and I could not be happier with this perk. Remember the damn oil changes at the dealer are almost $100!! But Its at the dealer now, and Im going to get it back tonight and bring it back again next week for the engineer to look at. Thank you FORD>!

Thanks for the information Grabber! Our '08 has had this issue since new, we just didn't take it in to have it looked. Now that this TSB is out, I think we'll go ahead and get them to see if it is covered under the TSB.

Anyone have any recommendations on Orlando area dealers that we can trust with our cars?

So Ford called me back today to let me know that they are going to send out an engineer to check out the car for next week, AND for all my troubles they gave me AT NO CHARGE, a 3/45k maintainence plan that covers oil changes, tire rotations, wipers and BRAKE PADS AND DISCS!!!! This is huge, and I could not be happier with this perk. Remember the damn oil changes at the dealer are almost $100!! But Its at the dealer now, and Im going to get it back tonight and bring it back again next week for the engineer to look at. Thank you FORD>!

Keep us informed. My front end has had a loose front end sound since new. Looked at several times by Ford and even the engineer that was dispatched to look at mine last summer. He said, after riding in mine, that they all do this and they know about it. It isn't likely to be addressed as nobody really complains about it.

Luckily enough must have taken them in to get them to issue the TSB.

I also have an entended front end warranty, too.... that was my compensation for not being able to fix the car last year.

I can't take mine in until the salt is off the roads, so it will be several months before then.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update you can report?????

• 2 weeks later...

This TSB does not mess with the alignment at all. The connections are bolt on hard connections. Mine was done today and it drives great. The alignment was not affected at all. Drives straight down the road and the steering wheel is centered. Your tech must of took stuff apart that he should not of touched.

Pic's attached in this this new thread:

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

See if you are able to lift up on either side of the spoiler, shoudn't be able to. Ford uses a double back tape to help secure the spoilers at each end of the spoiler, sometimes they don't peel off both sides of the tape protection before bolting the spoilers down. If this happened to yours like mine, it could cause a rattle. I had to unbolt the spoiler on the left side and remove the protection from the tape, then bolt the spoiler back down..

post-5223-126664101673_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

**HUGE UPDATE** Well after having this done I was actually NOW having the symptoms of it. Well I finally took the car toa different dealer. GUESS WHAT, they didnt even install the TSB control arms. They claimed they did. The new dealer could not see in the oasis where they would have been done, and on the car the same ones were on there. So I called that original dealer and demanded the TSB control arms so I could pick them up and take them to the other dealer. They had them, and claimed they were my old ones. Well they were NOT. They were the new ones and they were brandnew looking. So after the new dealer finally installed them, they also put the alignment in spec, the car DRIVES PERFECT now. And also guess what, the front end is much more tighter than ever. It finally feels like a brandnew car, and there is no more bumping sounds coming from the front over bumps and no chirps too. Got it done right, and it works perfect and feels new now.

Brian

I had the TSB done, but the dull clunking is still there. My dealer did check alignment and had to re-adjust the toe as it was out of spec. They claim my aftermarket MM camber plate on the passenger side is contributing to the noise. I'll have to check them out next time I have the front end apart for new struts.

I had the TSB done, but the dull clunking is still there. My dealer did check alignment and had to re-adjust the toe as it was out of spec. They claim my aftermarket MM camber plates were are contributing to the noise. I'll have to check them out next time I have the front end apart for new struts.

Mine, too. Bone stock and it still cluncks. List of items replaced to date: Strut Mounts,Struts, Lower Control Arms. Swaybar has been removed to see if it was something and it clucked with the swaybar disconnected. Before the lower control arms were replaced the Ford engineer said that they all do it and it is normal. I don't buy it, but not that worried. Drive it and enjoy it, and someday, when I feel like it, I can always start replacing parts one at a time.....

My speculation is it is still in the strut mounts. Both sides, too. Outside possibility steering rack or bearings, but strange that it is both sides.

I can't even tell anymore what I would consider normal. Maybe it is normal, but still makes more impact noise than I think it should. Sounds not like the tire impacting something, but rather, as the suspension loads quickly, something internally moves and causes the "clunk". Slow loading created no noise, like jumping up and down on the front end.

Mine, too. Bone stock and it still cluncks. List of items replaced to date: Strut Mounts,Struts, Lower Control Arms. Swaybar has been removed to see if it was something and it clucked with the swaybar disconnected. Before the lower control arms were replaced the Ford engineer said that they all do it and it is normal. I don't buy it, but not that worried. Drive it and enjoy it, and someday, when I feel like it, I can always start replacing parts one at a time.....

My speculation is it is still in the strut mounts. Both sides, too. Outside possibility steering rack or bearings, but strange that it is both sides.

I can't even tell anymore what I would consider normal. Maybe it is normal, but still makes more impact noise than I think it should. Sounds not like the tire impacting something, but rather, as the suspension loads quickly, something internally moves and causes the "clunk". Slow loading created no noise, like jumping up and down on the front end.

Yeah, DONT buy it. Mine did this too, and since I finally had the correct TSB parts installed it doesnt anymore and it actually feels tighter like a new car should.

Yeah, DONT buy it. Mine did this too, and since I finally had the correct TSB parts installed it doesnt anymore and it actually feels tighter like a new car should.

Did it take more than one attempt? Did they install wrong parts the first time? I looked at the part numbers on the service sheet, and they matched the part numbers of the TSB.

My car did improve with the TSB, I think, but not 100% gone, either, but like I said, I don't even know what reference is normal anymore.

Did it take more than one attempt? Did they install wrong parts the first time? I looked at the part numbers on the service sheet, and they matched the part numbers of the TSB.

My car did improve with the TSB, I think, but not 100% gone, either, but like I said, I don't even know what reference is normal anymore.

Yes it took two attempts. They got the same old control arms, didnt verify them and installed them. Then my car started doing the symptoms and then they re did it and now it works perfect.

Yes it took two attempts. They got the same old control arms, didnt verify them and installed them. Then my car started doing the symptoms and then they re did it and now it works perfect.

Good deal.

Just picked up my 2007 vert with 12K mi on it and had the TSB 9-24-16 completed. Car feels much better than before on the 300+ mi trip home. Will validate the TSB parts and doublecheck to see if everything is torqued to spec this weekend.

• 1 month later...

Just picked up my 2007 vert with 12K mi on it and had the TSB 9-24-16 completed. Car feels much better than before on the 300+ mi trip home. Will validate the TSB parts and doublecheck to see if everything is torqued to spec this weekend.

Interesting, my paperwork shows I received the new Arms for the Gt500 and everything looks great but no new bolts per Grabbers messages or anything else on the invoice for that matter. I need to check into that if it is a safety problem and they are torque to spec bolts.

• 2 months later...

So glad I have found this. I am getting this over bumps and slow speed sharp turns. I thought maybe the car was just settling at first, but it has not dissipated over the 7 months I have owned the car. Contacting the service advisor at my local dealership now to find out about getting my baby in for this. Thanks for the great info Grabber!

Took mine in for TSB fix and it felt great. A few months later it was creaking again. As I was going in for some suspension work I asked the shop to look into the sound. Turns out the bolts needed to be torqued again. They claimed Ford didn't use the proper specs. Once this was done the car felt great again.

Unfortunately car is making noise again and it doesn't feel as good as before. Guess it's time to take it back and have them check it out. Hope this doesn't turn into a gremlin hunt.

Archived