TEAM SHELBY FORUM

To all sgt/sc owners

Rogshelby2103

I just joined ts so i hope iam doing this right, never been in a form before. i will ship to SAI ? is that vegas? thinking about the wipple 550 what kind rwhp are you getting? Will it fit under my tower brace. I have a 08 sgt. seems like alot of $$$. do you get upgraded injectors and fuel pump? do i need them? anyone get any of the options were they worth it ? were you satisfied with workmanship ? was the car ready when promised ? who do you recomend for shipping? is that the HO blower ? is it upgradeable ? i belive i have 3.53 gears wouldnt 410s be better than 3.73s ? :headscratch: I would greatly apprcieate any and all comments. P.S. Iam happy to be a part of the shelby family. I bought my 08 sgt new in oct. 08 vb coupe 5 spd thanks to all who respond.

welcome to our home lol

yes a whipple is a good install it comes with everything needed to install (unlike the KB) plugs fuel pumps and mas the strut tower brace will not fit over it

Sai is probly the most experienced shop in the world for blower installs they have installed over 5 thousand of them

Cars are rarely ready when promised but quality is good most people ship thru reliable or accurate (enclosed transport)

you have 355 gears and the whipple is upgradeable (smaller pulleyas is all blowers)

look 4 470 to 500hp ish @ the wheels

Read the forum tons of info on here!!!!

welcome to our home lol

yes a whipple is a good install it comes with everything needed to install (unlike the KB) plugs fuel pumps and mas the strut tower brace will not fit over it

Sai is probly the most experienced shop in the world for blower installs they have installed over 5 thousand of them

Cars are rarely ready when promised but quality is good most people ship thru reliable or accurate (enclosed transport)

you have 355 gears and the whipple is upgradeable (smaller pulleyas is all blowers)

look 4 470 to 500hp ish @ the wheels

Read the forum tons of info on here!!!!

thx for the info ! :happy feet:

Ship with Reliable! I loved them. I had this upgrade and I love it! No problems at all! No, don't expect your car to be done anytime soon; Shelby does a very thorough and wonderful job. You'll love your car when you get it back. The wait is worth it! Incredibly fast!!!

Rogshelby2103, welcome and thank you for joining Team Shelby.

Yes SAI is Shelby Auto's in Las Vegas. With you being in Washington they are who you would want to use for the upgrades.

It's best to contact Shelby Auto's directly for exact package options, pricing and time frames. Getting your car to Vegas is probably best done by driving it yourself or hiring a transport company.

I strongly urge you to attend the Shelby Vegas Bash this January if you can. Not only will you have a great time but you'll see dozens of Team Shelby members modified SGT's and how they are performing at the bash. Nothing helps more when making a decision then to see the various upgrade options in action. You'll also get to meet and talk directly with the Shelby folks who make all this possible.

Steve

I just joined ts so i hope iam doing this right, never been in a form before. i will ship to SAI ? is that vegas? thinking about the wipple 550 what kind rwhp are you getting? Will it fit under my tower brace. I have a 08 sgt. seems like alot of $$$. do you get upgraded injectors and fuel pump? do i need them? anyone get any of the options were they worth it ? were you satisfied with workmanship ? was the car ready when promised ? who do you recomend for shipping? is that the HO blower ? is it upgradeable ? i belive i have 3.53 gears wouldnt 410s be better than 3.73s ? :headscratch: I would greatly apprcieate any and all comments. P.S. Iam happy to be a part of the shelby family. I bought my 08 sgt new in oct. 08 vb coupe 5 spd thanks to all who respond.

Welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Washington does that Vista Blue Shelby live? I don't know of any VB Shelby GT/SC in the state of Wa. I think you'd be the first.

Yes SAI is in Vegas, contact Roger Sorel. He'll help spend your money, he can answer any and all of the questions you have.

Infidel, could you qualify your statement regarding the fact the SAI has installed over 5,000 blowers. I think a FEW hundred is more correct. You have complete supercharger systems and supercharger upgrade packages. My guess is that complete systems and upgrades is way below a 1,000 cars for both combined. Way below 1,000.

Welcome to the forum. Whereabouts in Washington does that Vista Blue Shelby live? I don't know of any VB Shelby GT/SC in the state of Wa. I think you'd be the first.

Yes SAI is in Vegas, contact Roger Sorel. He'll help spend your money, he can answer any and all of the questions you have.

my vb lives in Amboy small town in the sticks north of Vancouver WA. thx for the info i will call roger on monday

Infidel, could you qualify your statement regarding the fact the SAI has installed over 5,000 blowers. I think a FEW hundred is more correct. You have complete supercharger systems and supercharger upgrade packages. My guess is that complete systems and upgrades is way below a 1,000 cars for both combined. Way below 1,000.

While working there in the top production time of supersnakes we were doing 50 superchargers a week I still think they are doing like 30 a month or so add theto last csm of the supersnakes they are in the csm900 range on 08 and 09 40th's plus a few hundred SGT,SR,Series 1,cobras, CS6, Terlingua,and KR upgrades and trucks the number may be a +1k high maybe but not too sure the registry would know exact numbers

anyhow they (SAI) are the worlds leader in ALL supercharger installs bar none.

WELCOME ROGSHELBY YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE. THERE ARE A LOT OF

KNOWLEDGIBLE PEOPLE HERE. I PERSONALLY WENT WITH THE WHIPPLE 550 KIT

AND CTR. GUAGE POD AND REAR WING. I ALSO JUST ORDER THE BAER EXTREME

FRONT BRAKE PACKAGE AND REAR 14 IN. SLOTTED AND CROSSDRILLED ROTORS

TO MATCH W/THE FRONTS.

WELCOME ROGSHELBY YOU HAVE FOUND THE RIGHT PLACE. THERE ARE A LOT OF

KNOWLEDGIBLE PEOPLE HERE. I PERSONALLY WENT WITH THE WHIPPLE 550 KIT

AND CTR. GUAGE POD AND REAR WING. I ALSO JUST ORDER THE BAER EXTREME

FRONT BRAKE PACKAGE AND REAR 14 IN. SLOTTED AND CROSSDRILLED ROTORS

TO MATCH W/THE FRONTS.

hey cobra scotty thanks for the welcome.I talked to roger at SAI mon. it looks like i will be making a deposit soon. probably will not ship my car down till march then fly down to pick up!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

hey cobra scotty thanks for the welcome.I talked to roger at SAI mon. it looks like i will be making a deposit soon. probably will not ship my car down till march then fly down to pick up!!!!!!

SAI is the best!

I dropped mine off on a Monday, flew home and got the call to come pick her up that Thursday! I flew back Friday and drove her home Saturday. Perfect install with no regrets. See below for look of install and RWHP/TQ #'s.

Welcome to TS

Dan

SAI is the best!

I dropped mine off on a Monday, flew home and got the call to come pick her up that Thursday! I flew back Friday and drove her home Saturday. Perfect install with no regrets. See below for look of install and RWHP/TQ #'s.

Welcome to TS

Dan

Thanks for the info. I made my deposit couple weeks ago!!!!! I wont be sending my car down till march,That way I can fly down and DRIVE home.Roger at SAI said 4-6 weeks? Dan 4 days wow! I would be very happy to get #s like yours. thanks Roger

Thanks for the info. I made my deposit couple weeks ago!!!!! I wont be sending my car down till march,That way I can fly down and DRIVE home.Roger at SAI said 4-6 weeks? Dan 4 days wow! I would be very happy to get #s like yours. thanks Roger

Get a radar detector...hysterical.gif And be careful in Utah...guy said I was radared but my detector never went off?

You are going to love it!!!!

Yes. My numbers are impressive... maybe too much so.

If I were you, I would let Roger know that you want a stock pulley on the SC. Mine is smaller than normal and I think that's why I got those big numbers. I make well over 10lbs boost. Not the best on pump gasoline at 10+:1 compression on the stock 4.6L internals.

Right now, I'm looking into internal upgrades. Pretty expensive to stay at this level (Or increase by another 100 whp) but I am spoiled rotten with the power/response!!!

Enjoy!

Yes. My numbers are impressive... maybe too much so.

If I were you, I would let Roger know that you want a stock pulley on the SC. Mine is smaller than normal and I think that's why I got those big numbers. I make well over 10lbs boost. Not the best on pump gasoline at 10+:1 compression on the stock 4.6L internals.

Right now, I'm looking into internal upgrades. Pretty expensive to stay at this level (Or increase by another 100 whp) but I am spoiled rotten with the power/response!!!

Enjoy!

What size pulley are you running? I had my 550 installed last month at SAI and it has a 3.250 pulley.

Zachman

• 2 months later...

What size pulley are you running? I had my 550 installed last month at SAI and it has a 3.250 pulley.

Zachman

I also have the 3-1/4". What boost do you see? I see steady 10-10.5lbs. Sometimes well over 11! (At high RPM)

• 1 year later...

ok i've had my car back from sai for almost a year,I love it :happy feet: :happy feet: But i hate the ugly a$$ air intake. All you guys w/ 2008 gt/sc know what i'am talking

about , the 07 have a cai that looks good. Now the ? Anybody w/ a 08 change thiers to a cai if so where did you get it ? how much $$? how did you tune it ?

Did you buy a tuner or have someone tune it? :confused::confused::banghead: If you could post pics that would be awsome.

Thanks for any replies :beerchug: Roger :confused: whipple 550

You can purchase a CAI for your 08. Not sure on price or if you have to re-tune. I bet if you call Whipple directly they can answer your questions. (559) 442-1261

Edit: Keep in mind, the CAI will make the O8 not 50 state legal. CARB is the reason the whole air box has to be used on the 08.

I have the CAI on my 08. I just bought the 07 kit when I did the install. I believe you could get the piece from whipple.

I do believe the tune may be slightly different so you should ask someone who knows.

Nobody? :headscratch::waiting:

Roger, it might be worth your while to stop by or give Travis at Fast Specialities a call about your retuning question / 360-213-2781

Check out my thread on the upcoming poker run

Spring is right around the corner

GL

• 2 months later...

I had the SC package installed on my 08 SGT convert. in 2008 after I purchased it. I have had nothing but problems since. The SC belt tensioner bent every time I got on it hard, and either threw the belt and/or shredded it. It also surges on the highway when the cruise control is on. If I drive it, I have to baby it or shred the belt. I only have a little over 3,000 miles on it now, about 1500 of them was driving it to the Shelby Mod shop for the kit install. I would think long and hard before changing your stock SGT.

I had the SC package installed on my 08 SGT convert. in 2008 after I purchased it. I have had nothing but problems since. The SC belt tensioner bent every time I got on it hard, and either threw the belt and/or shredded it. It also surges on the highway when the cruise control is on. If I drive it, I have to baby it or shred the belt. I only have a little over 3,000 miles on it now, about 1500 of them was driving it to the Shelby Mod shop for the kit install. I would think long and hard before changing your stock SGT.

is your blower a Kenne bell? those are the only ones that i have seen and heard surge.

also the tensioner problem has a fix a new tensioner is needed whipple includes one its a thumprrr.

also driving technique needs to be refined when rpms are @ or close to redline timing gets pulled and the engine surges therefore the belt surges and slaps the tensioner. drive fast and smooth ant the belt problem will be greatly reduced. I threw two belts bent a tensioner then bought a thumprrr and learned how to drive it better and 20 dragstrip passes and three shelby bashes and tons of spirited driving have resulted in zero belt failures!

is your blower a Kenne bell? those are the only ones that i have seen and heard surge.

also the tensioner problem has a fix a new tensioner is needed whipple includes one its a thumprrr.

also driving technique needs to be refined when rpms are @ or close to redline timing gets pulled and the engine surges therefore the belt surges and slaps the tensioner. drive fast and smooth ant the belt problem will be greatly reduced. I threw two belts bent a tensioner then bought a thumprrr and learned how to drive it better and 20 dragstrip passes and three shelby bashes and tons of spirited driving have resulted in zero belt failures!

I too believe he has the KB supercharger. I have not heard this with the Whipple but it can happen to anyone. I have had mine for about a month+++ and have driven it spirited many time thus far, not drag racing though by any means, and the car runs incredibley smooth and strong, I have yet to have a complaint about this. The KB's though are very very touchy and SA does not recommend them to anyone any longer from what I hear. it is the $$ that gets people buying them, they are very inexpensive compared to the Whipple..........at first.

I wish you the best of luck and if it is a KB Supercharger call them immediately about this issue.

Archived