TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Which would you choose - a KR or a Ferrari 360?

randalsb

:headscratch: What a tough question. It's sort of like saying, "you have a choice of spending the night with Salma Hayek OR spending a day at the track driving a Nascar stock car". ???? So, my thought would be is to ask yourself, "which would I enjoy more?" Looking at the Ferrari OR driving the Shelby? I wouldn't look too much at the value, what price is fun?? :doh: PS, I would pick Salma :happy feet: :happy feet:

:headscratch: What a tough question. It's sort of like saying, "you have a choice of spending the night with Salma Hayek OR spending a day at the track driving a Nascar stock car". ???? So, my thought would be is to ask yourself, "which would I enjoy more?" Looking at the Ferrari OR driving the Shelby? I wouldn't look too much at the value, what price is fun?? :doh: PS, I would pick Salma :happy feet: :happy feet:

Oh yeah, Salma for sure.

These two cars are apples and coconuts. One is an American Muscle car with 4 seats with truly American heritage and lore and the other a true European exotic sports car.

The fact that you are asking this question and the issues you have raise with the F360 seem to indicate you kinda made up your mind you really want the KR and looking for validation to sell the 360.

I myself was looking at F360s. They have plummeted in value. They made roughly 5000 F360s each year of production. They were superceded by the next greatest and latest model the F430 now being replaced by the F470. The F360 is a beautiful car and is special since it is a beautiful exoitic that you don't see every day.

The F360 is instantly recognizable as a "supercar" and an exotic.

The KR is special too just not as instantly recognizable by many. But those that are car enthusiasts recognize the car and love it. Those that aren't car enthusiasts don't know... but who really cares about them anyway?

Most would say take the F360 based on the "flash factor". Not me however, I chose the KR. I love American Muscle cars, I am a true Shelby fan and nut and Shelby cars and cars Shelby was involved with like the GT40 are special to me and are part of a special fraternity of American automotive performance dominance. They are part of a team that showed the world that America can beat the best when we put our minds to it. I say it comes down to what you are looking for. Its also a patriotic kind of thing for me why I would pick an American Muscle car over a European Exotic and pride in America.

While I love many European performance cars my attitude toward Europe is kinda like is it from the part of Europe whose a$$ we kicked or the part we saved

The GT500KR (old and new) is one of the quintensential American Muscle cars and has a special heritage and is a true American classic.

While the KR plummetted in value from its original sticker I believe based on its limited numbers has a much better chance of gaining value then an F360. There are way way too many F360s.

When I bought my FGT it came down to a choice between it and a beautiful F430 in red with the scuderia badges, gated six speed on the floor (which I love, classic Ferrari). The sales manager put it this way. He pointed at the F430 and said "absolutely stunning but they make 5000 of them a year". He pointed to the FGT and said "Its a Ford but a very special Ford and they made 4000 of them and their done".

They made only 1600 KRs. They are done making them. They can be bought very well right now. You can always replace a F360.

I pick the KR.

A few things to add if I may:

Is the 360 the best Ferrari ? If you think it is then that should aid your decision.

Which will be easier to live with and how will you use it ?

Are you concerned about the servicing and parts cost differential between the two ?

Which of the handling capabilities will suit you and your driving style best ?

Which of the gear change set ups suits your style and needs best ?

Sorry these are all questions but I hope they are of help in your wonderful dilemma - the answers will of course be personal to you and only you can decide....

A final point re heritage and a nice twist to this debate - the Shelby legend really took off did it not when Ford took on Ferrari at Le Mans in the 60's ?

Kind Regards

Archived