TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No more 40ths???

Count me in on the t-shirt - and the pic. Though it will be me and Kim without the car...

I like this one, too.

I like the theory - and it goes with the thoughts we've had all along. SAI was testing the market for post-title mods - and we wanted something more exclusive. The good news - the car will be recognized in the registry - and those familiar will know what it is. An educated Shelby consumer is our customer in the end - not the general public.

Is there a current registry?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is there a current registry?

Yes. But you can't see it or they will have to kill you.

Actually, it is a mamoth project being handled by staff at SAI. I believe it includes all Shelby's even those that have not been modified by them. At some point we will have access and be able to add those non factory mods in a section. When it is finally done or up to date it will be awesome.

Count me in on the t-shirt. I had a feeling SLABO would jump in with a good idea. :superhero: I also believe it's time to start our own official 40th club with a once a year gathering at a central location. Not a car show to compete against each other, but a family type picnic with magazine coverage.

We already know that some of our cars have as much star power as any SS and in some cases even more. We can do this and make it work as a real team Shelby 40th club. :drool::peelout:

XL0067

I am game for a 40th club and an annual gathering or other such event(s). I think the t-shirt would be a good way to show your membership. I am liking the "Team 40th" name Torch40 came up with. What do you think? Call it "Team 40th"?

I am game for a 40th club and an annual gathering or other such event(s). I think the t-shirt would be a good way to show your membership. I am liking the "Team 40th" name Torch40 came up with. What do you think? Call it "Team 40th"?

I'm in.

Count me in...and pictures at the Bash would be nice, but like the others, we will be sans the 40th.

I'm in as well...I like the "Team 40th" Idea. I agree also on the jacket way too much$$$ for what it is.

Maybe if all the dust has settled from my closing of my business's by January, I will attend the bash also. I would love to put a face with all the names! Mark

Count me in on the t-shirt. I had a feeling SLABO would jump in with a good idea. :superhero: I also believe it's time to start our own official 40th club with a once a year gathering at a central location. Not a car show to compete against each other, but a family type picnic with magazine coverage.

We already know that some of our cars have as much star power as any SS and in some cases even more. We can do this and make it work as a real team Shelby 40th club. :drool::peelout:

XL0067

Great Idea! :shift:

It looks like there is some interest in the "Team 40th" club idea. I have discussed this with gt67 (as the club approach was his idea) and he and I think we need to start a thread to kick the club off. He suggested that I do it. I am fine with that and I will work on the wording and open a new thread. He has agreed to maintain a membership list. The t-shirt idea will become part of the membership of the club. This will obviously require participation from many members in order to pull off something like a gathering or other such event. Also, this is obviously not something to replace Team Shelby, just a way for those of us with 40th Anniversary package cars to more formally promote these awesome cars, enjoy each other’s camaraderie and eventually organize gatherings, etc. More to follow.

-- Bob

It looks like there is some interest in the "Team 40th" club idea. I have discussed this with gt67 (as the club approach was his idea) and he and I think we need to start a thread to kick the club off. He suggested that I do it. I am fine with that and I will work on the wording and open a new thread. He has agreed to maintain a membership list. The t-shirt idea will become part of the membership of the club. This will obviously require participation from many members in order to pull off something like a gathering or other such event. Also, this is obviously not something to replace Team Shelby, just a way for those of us with 40th Anniversary package cars to more formally promote these awesome cars, enjoy each other's camaraderie and eventually organize gatherings, etc. More to follow.

-- Bob

That's a great idea. I'm in.

This is what we have so far. To be part of the club we need a CSM # and buy a t-shirt and you are in. Bob is currently working on the shirts and should have something soon. Any new ideas or suggestions would be appriciated. Lets thank Torch 40 for coming up with the club name and MY500SS for the t-shirt idea.

Current list:

torch 40

speedracer Stuart # XL0257

trt0403 Rick #XL0072

TRT404 Jim XL0059

dave 40th

07redgt500

slabo Bob

gt67 Don XL0067

gt500flyboy

cobrafan Don XL151

dukenrock

my500ss Dan+Marji

txcobra XL0221

500forme Mark XL0253

Please help me out on names and missing CSM#'s

luckysnake Sorry no CSM#

It would be nice if we can get the CSM number and picture of our vehicle on each shirt. I'd be willing to pay additional $$ for the shirt if we can do that.

This is what we have so far. To be part of the club we need a CSM # and buy a t-shirt and you are in. Bob is currently working on the shirts and should have something soon. Any new ideas or suggestions would be appriciated. Lets thank Torch 40 for coming up with the club name and MY500SS for the t-shirt idea.

Current list:

torch 40

trt0403 Rick #XL0072

TRT404 Jim XL0059

dave 40th

07redgt500

slabo Bob

gt67 Don XL0067

gt500flyboy

cobrafan Don XL151

dukenrock

my500ss Dan+Marji

txcobra XL0221

500forme Mark XL0253

luckysnake Sorry no CSM#

Current list:

torch 40

trt0403 Rick #XL0072

TRT404 Jim XL0059

dave 40th

07redgt500

slabo Bob

gt67 Don XL0067

gt500flyboy

cobrafan Don XL151

dukenrock

my500ss Dan+Marji

txcobra XL0221

500forme Mark XL0253

luckysnake Sorry no CSM#

MY500SS, CSM# 07XL0273

Current list:

torch 40 # 07XL0172

trt0403 Rick #XL0072

TRT404 Jim XL0059

dave 40th

07redgt500

slabo Bob

gt67 Don XL0067

gt500flyboy

cobrafan Don XL151

dukenrock

my500ss Dan+Marji

txcobra XL0221

500forme Mark XL0253

luckysnake Sorry no CSM#

I added my CSM# above. - Andy

gt500flyboy - csm07xl0078

luckysnake Sorry no CSM#

also listed in my sig....

can the 08 KR's be part of this?

Up to this point I was thinking it was just 40th package CSM 07XL owners. It really evolved out of a feeling of being ignored and us owners wanting to join together and "represent" at various events, etc. I am not sure what other cars that have CSM#'s also have a badge that says 40th? I guess the '08 KR. Do any of the SS's or any others? Anybody have an opinion about opening this up to other 40th badged cars? It is looking like a fairly small group otherwise.

Up to this point I was thinking it was just 40th package CSM 07XL owners. It really evolved out of a feeling of being ignored and us owners wanting to join together and "represent" at various events, etc. I am not sure what other cars that have CSM#'s also have a badge that says 40th? I guess the '08 KR. Do any of the SS's or any others? Anybody have an opinion about opening this up to other 40th badged cars? It is looking like a fairly small group otherwise.

I believe 07 SS's can have the 40th bars on the front.

I believe 07 SS's can have the 40th bars on the front.

Yes - 07 SS and 08 KR have 40th badges. I agree - I thought this was more about the bastard stepchild aspect. Though we'd be splitting hairs trying to point that out everytime a 08 KR, 07 SS and 07XL sit next to each other. Seems petty. It may be a better to story to say we're bigger than that - and include anything with a 40th badge like ours. If nothing else - we'd share our story more with others.

start an 08 bastard child KR thread....should be just as popular... ; )

Yes - 07 SS and 08 KR have 40th badges. I agree - I thought this was more about the bastard stepchild aspect. Though we'd be splitting hairs trying to point that out everytime a 08 KR, 07 SS and 07XL sit next to each other. Seems petty. It may be a better to story to say we're bigger than that - and include anything with a 40th badge like ours. If nothing else - we'd share our story more with others.

Archived