TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New headlight bulbs

I agree with you guys with the blue tip standing out !!! Trust me I'm anal about alot of things even if I rent a car it has to be clean and the tires better have a wet shine to them. But for the good it does by making the roads brighter I look the other way for now but trust me its going to break me. Also word of advise if, I'm meeting up with you show up with a clean car and tire shine. :drool:

The Item Desription on Amazon says it has a bluish tint, which I really don't like. Is that true in your experiences?

Jer

I would agree that they have a blueish tint. They are not HID blue by any stretch of the imagination. It's kind of like a clean white light but the blue tip must give it a hint of blue. Not overdone in my opinion. The PIAA's do match the fog light beam a little better.

I've used Silverstars in all my other rides. Average life span for me was about 3 years. Always used gloves or plastic baggie to install.

I'm wondering if cleaning the bulbs with a little alcohol would remove any extra factory residue and guarantee a longer life. Anyone try this?

RACERX009 any idea on the life span of the PIAA's?

Frank

Frank it's the first time for me !!! But when in stalled just like my other bulbs gloves only and buld is clean with vodka from my wife's flask. She does it for me upside swing from the pole in my garage :happy feet:

It's been in my car about 6 months, I'm telling you guys the silver stars is not trust worthy but it also can be the spirit of EX- Wife past cause she knows I'm anal of my cars!!! :rant2:

Nice pics. How did you like the beam? I sure hope they last a few years...

Frank

13 degrees and snow in Western North Carolina means the SGT ain't leaving the garage....so it will be next week before I can really tell...

I hope they last 10 years for what they cost

Thanks and have a good weekend.

Andrew

Archived