TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What is in store for 2008 Shelby GT500 owners

1970boss302

java script:emoticon(':banana piano:', 'smid_2')

:banana piano:

Will FORD be forced to up the anti on the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 by adding more

Horse power ?? or a better handling package ?? or improve the interior ??

to keep it competitive with other muscle cars ??

java script:emoticon(':banana piano:', 'smid_2')

:banana piano:

Will FORD be forced to up the anti on the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500 by adding more

Horse power ?? or a better handling package ?? or improve the interior ??

to keep it competitive with other muscle cars ??

rumor is it will have 15more hp

another rumor is the job 2 07's will too but it will not be advertised...

edit add: the job 2 07's have 1) Optional DVD touch screen Nav system 2) different damper for steering/suspension

edit add: the job 2 07's have 1) Optional DVD touch screen Nav system 2) different damper for steering/suspension

TTB,

As you know, my car is going to be a Job #2 car built Jan 16th +/-. I am very interested in hearing about the 15 extra HP. How will they get the added power. This is exciting. :happy feet:

TTB,

As you know, my car is going to be a Job #2 car built Jan 16th +/-. I am very interested in hearing about the 15 extra HP. How will they get the added power. This is exciting. :happy feet:

from rumor I have heard it will be in calibration and will not be advertised as such

as you know my car was scheduled for today build but........... I do know its bucked and in production but nothing further

I will dyno my car once it hits 500 miles like the last one to compare.

there is a good 40 to 50 hp in tune alone so no worries there about a factory tune being a bit crisper

Not real clear what the damper change is as per Jay O' but could be shock change???

from rumor I have heard it will be in calibration and will not be advertised as such

as you know my car was scheduled for today build but........... I do know its bucked and in production but nothing further

I will dyno my car once it hits 500 miles like the last one to compare.

there is a good 40 to 50 hp in tune alone so no worries there about a factory tune being a bit crisper

Not real clear what the damper change is as per Jay O' but could be shock change???

I wonder if Ralph knows anything about the extra 15 ponies ? Why would they want to keep it hush hush ?

I have heard around the net the same as above.... but also heard that the

08 will come automatically with the Interior Upgrade Package. No longer an

option.

I haven't herd this, but I hope it's true. I also haven't herd about an extra 15-20 hp being added, but that would be very easy to do!

I stll haven't herd if Ford will be making a 09 GT 500, I know they have been talking to Shelby and I'm guessing that it will happen. You might see the extra HP in the 09's trying to keep up with the Camaro.

Tim

Well, that would be pleasant. :happy feet: If its just tune though thats not a bonifide increase IMHO. My car is scheduled this week to go on the line (Jan 01), planning to make my first call to CS tomorrow to see where its at. Dealer called on Saturday said Jan 16th for delivery but he expected it to take a bit longer. 3rd or 4th week in Jan hes saying. The drool is begining to puddle over here... :yup:

KC666

Ralph is back on 1/2 I heard. Maybe we can get the real poop on Job #2 this week. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Tick, tick, tick. It is almost time to put up the calendar, start marking the days and daily calls to Customer Service. :hyper:

When will production of 2008 begin? When will they start coming out to dealer floors? Will there be an added markup or higher MSRP due to the "upgrades"?

I can't recall the build dates - I want to say June??? The MSRP will go up for sure as they already have these as options and it bumps the price. As for if it goes up from there the rumor i have heard is yes, but I doub't it will be a major bump.

As for ADM - anyone's guess. I would have thought they would be lower by now but if they come out and say 2008 is it you can bet the ADM will be going up and everyone will here the speech about limited edition/production all over.

I still think if the demand remains for these then Ford will have no choice but to keep building them. If that demand is artificial due to deales and aftermarket sellers etc then eventually someone will get stuck with their hand in the cookie jar. I hope it's not Ford or any of us.

The 08 Shelby has had some minor Suspension changes made. I know this for a fact!

Tim

Yes - this was part of "Job 2" - I think it was something pretty minor like a bushing or something but I don't know the specifics. I tried to find out more about it but never found more then rumors and figured it must not be too major if there was not any real news about it out there.

They also have the option of the navigation system for Job 2 - this is the one that I think may bump the price. the suspension change did not bump anything as far as I know. In 2008 there is a rumor that the interior upgrade will be standard (like in Canada someone had said) but I think the navigation will still be an option that would bump cost. As for MSRP I expect to see it bump a little in 2008 for a base model vs. the comparable base model (with int upgrade etc) but I doubt it will be more than a few grand.

It's the ADM that is really hard to swallow for me. I paid it but I hated it.....I still hate it but love the car so I am not too worried about it but the 8K of mods would have been nice to have :)

Yes - this was part of "Job 2" - I think it was something pretty minor like a bushing or something but I don't know the specifics. I tried to find out more about it but never found more then rumors and figured it must not be too major if there was not any real news about it out there.

I wonder what problem they were trying to correct ?

I don't know. It could be as small as a supplier was giving them truble so they changed and got bushings from the other guy. To look at a job 1 vs a job 2 car you can'tsee difference. The height is the same and none of the stats changed any so I am sticking to nothing big. If you manage to find out anything I'd love to know too. Maybe one of the Ford people on here knows more???

I don't know. It could be as small as a supplier was giving them truble so they changed and got bushings from the other guy. To look at a job 1 vs a job 2 car you can'tsee difference. The height is the same and none of the stats changed any so I am sticking to nothing big. If you manage to find out anything I'd love to know too. Maybe one of the Ford people on here knows more???

This morning I sent an e-mail to the NW Reg. Zone Rep. She told me she would check it out and get back to me. She is also checking on the 15HP rumor. I will let you know. She is good about getting back to me.

Rob

Hey, the dealers in California are telling us they are only building the GT500 for 2007. There would be no reason to lie as we all have ours already. Any more news out there about this?

Archived