TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Leveling / lowering the rear on a SGT ?

Have any of you swapped to a sportline spring set or something else to bring the rear level with the front? I don't think I want to go as far as adjustable coil overs or anything, mostly curious if the FRPP shocks will work with a spring that drops it just a bit more, and HOPING someone that's done it can post some pics of how it looks leveled out a bit!

Have any of you swapped to a sportline spring set or something else to bring the rear level with the front? I don't think I want to go as far as adjustable coil overs or anything, mostly curious if the FRPP shocks will work with a spring that drops it just a bit more, and HOPING someone that's done it can post some pics of how it looks leveled out a bit!

just thinking out loud here, but I believe the Eibach Sportline rear springs make take the back of the car down lower than the front...they're a serious drop. You need something sort of in between....

have you researched the Eibach Pro-Kit? I think they offer just alittle bit more of a drop than what I think you have, but less than the Sportlines

well, the frpp setup is supposedly 1.5" front and back, and the sportlines are 1.6" front and 2" back... i didn't measure, but looking at cars w/ the sportline setup, it looks pretty level to me, so i would think it would do what i want, but not 100% sure.... in theory it's another 1/2" of drop, and i gotta think that the frpp shocks should be fine with that since some people don't even swap factory shocks when putting drop springs in at all... i dunno...

:headscratch: If you lower the back of the car you're going to turn presently unfriendly speed bumps into mortal enemies. Also if anyone ever sits in the back seat you'll have even further "bump and scrape" issues with exhaust system. I had a 1999 Mustang Cobra with Eibach lowering springs and I couldn't even hit a dip in the road with out "scrappppping". I think there's a limit on modifying street cars to a race car type stance without jarring your teeth everytime you hit any kind of bump. Just a thought :shift:

I've had really low vehicles in the past, mostly trucks though, one that was static dropped got stuck in a gravel parking lot that was uneven once... had to get out and drive it from outside w/ the door open to get it un-stuck! I guess 1/2" doesn't sound like much lower to me to cause any big issues, but i haven't been under the car yet to see what hangs low and how much clearance i've got as it is...

Guest hfrosso
well, the frpp setup is supposedly 1.5" front and back, and the sportlines are 1.6" front and 2" back... i didn't measure, but looking at cars w/ the sportline setup, it looks pretty level to me, so i would think it would do what i want, but not 100% sure.... in theory it's another 1/2" of drop, and i gotta think that the frpp shocks should be fine with that since some people don't even swap factory shocks when putting drop springs in at all... i dunno...

That's what i'm looking for 1.6" front and 2" back .

• 3 weeks later...

I've had really low vehicles in the past, mostly trucks though, one that was static dropped got stuck in a gravel parking lot that was uneven once... had to get out and drive it from outside w/ the door open to get it un-stuck! I guess 1/2" doesn't sound like much lower to me to cause any big issues, but i haven't been under the car yet to see what hangs low and how much clearance i've got as it is...

Sent you PM you will have no issues check my mod list!!!

post-18733-126204568093_thumb.jpg

post-18733-126204568093_thumb.jpg

Archived