TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is JOAN SHELBY??

ALF

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/9/2020 at 1:02 PM, DubbsFaris said:

Why do you think my post was anything but genuine?  You added a comment and quoted me on a decade old thread-that I didnt even remember btw, and I answered you quickly with information that backed up my post.  I simply googled Joan Cole and much information came up.  You had said there was no information, and I literally trpyed in her name on a google search.  Im not your research assistant.  A simple thank you would have sufficed.

the Wow-btw comment was a reaction to the fact that Amy Boylan and Cari Cole had replied to this thread since the last time I even saw it, and I thought that was cool.  It wasnt some personal attack launched upon you and your lackluster research efforts.  Settle down snowflake.

Hey Dubs, I tried to PM you but your inbox must be full, can you PM me when you see this?

On 4/9/2020 at 8:39 PM, dirpubsaf said:

I just acquired this beauty!

A676B855-D886-4581-8E21-FF979F289FD4.jpeg

3DC1089B-34B0-4CF4-8996-FEF604BB538C.jpeg

7E446D02-AE6C-4847-90C9-384BA2403F7E.jpeg

That’s one awesome piece celebrating Carroll from chicken farmer to Cobras and Shelbys and then to the “LEGEND” he became... :worship:      Thanks for sharing that very cool piece!

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

Thank you for the condolences. I really appreciate that. I attended her funeral in August of 2015 in Palm Beach, FL.  

I am indeed Joan Cole-Sherman's biological daughter. She married my father Robert Billings Cole in March of 1958 and I was born on December 18, 1958. 

Joan's middle name is "Filomenia" and her maiden name is Ireton. Here is a snapshot of her birth certificate. 

Short story: Joan left my father in 1960, took me and my half brother (she was married to Bob Monte prior) across state lines to Reno, Nevada. She left us in a foster home. Joan "Cole" was dating Carroll at the time and began Shelby American with him. She went on to marry Dick Day, and then David Sherman who was her husband when she died on July 28, 2015. A few years later in my story, I was adopted by my father's sister and her husband and I was raised in Minneapolis, MN with them. I later reconnected with Joan when I was 27. I now live in New York, NY where I have lived for 40 years. I am currently writing a memoir about the story of my life and we are working with a literary agency. There is also interest in a television series. 

Regarding hair color, she was originally a brunette, became a redhead and then a blonde. The picture above on this thread of Joan with blonde hair is my biological mother. 

Anyone who is interested in more information can contact me directly at cari@caricole.com. 

126755117_JoanIretonBirthCertificate.thumb.png.d2853d2506bb87629ae772088dd43576.png

5 hours ago, Cari Cole said:

Hi there,

Thank you for the condolences. I really appreciate that. I attended her funeral in August of 2015 in Palm Beach, FL.  

I am indeed Joan Cole-Sherman's biological daughter. She married my father Robert Billings Cole in March of 1958 and I was born on December 18, 1958. 

Joan's middle name is "Filomenia" and her maiden name is Ireton. Here is a snapshot of her birth certificate. 

Short story: Joan left my father in 1960, took me and my half brother (she was married to Bob Monte prior) across state lines to Reno, Nevada. She left us in a foster home. Joan "Cole" was dating Carroll at the time and began Shelby American with him. She went on to marry Dick Day, and then David Sherman who was her husband when she died on July 28, 2015. A few years later in my story, I was adopted by my father's sister and her husband and I was raised in Minneapolis, MN with them. I later reconnected with Joan when I was 27. I now live in New York, NY where I have lived for 40 years. I am currently writing a memoir about the story of my life and we are working with a literary agency. There is also interest in a television series. 

Regarding hair color, she was originally a brunette, became a redhead and then a blonde. The picture above on this thread of Joan with blonde hair is my biological mother. 

Anyone who is interested in more information can contact me directly at cari@caricole.com. 

126755117_JoanIretonBirthCertificate.thumb.png.d2853d2506bb87629ae772088dd43576.png

Cari,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I have recently started collecting Carroll Shelby memorabilia and came across some items with your mom's name on it and was trying to figure out who was who.  As you can appreciate, just researching on the web can get a lot of conflicting information. 

I really appreciate your help and explaining the history behind the story.  It sounds like you had an interesting life to say the least.  Please keep me in mind when you are finished with your memoir.  I am definitely interested in obtaining a copy (or two).

Another Shelby enthusiast, Kevin Rogers, was also very helpful in explaining Carroll's history and who was who and who did what.  He is a fantastic person and may me be a valuable resource for your research as he personally knew Carroll.

I am attaching some checks with your mom's name on them and others made out to J. H. Culleton, Ken Miles and James Wright. Also, I will check and see if I have any original photos of your mother. If I do, I would be more than happy to share them with you.

Again, thank you and if I can ever be of any assistance, please let me know. I will email you my address and cell number.

Take care - Bill

896684826_CARROLLSHELBYSIGNEDCheck1963AmericanautographJoanColegirlfriend-front.thumb.jpg.be6a5ea2256f709f112740e4ec848114.jpg

CARROLL SHELBY SIGNED Check 1963 American autograph Joan Cole girlfriend - back.jpg

CS check both 1.jpg

Joan Shelby- front.jpg

Joan Shelby- back.jpg

CS check both 2.jpg

Ken Miles check - front.jpg

Ken Miles check - back.jpg

CARROLL SHELBY SIGNED Check 1963 American autograph James Wright race car cobra driver - front.jpg

CARROLL SHELBY SIGNED Check 1963 American autograph James Wright race car cobra driver - back.jpg

On 4/9/2020 at 8:17 PM, twobjshelbys said:

Awesome pics!

Thank you!  I actually have the originals with authentic signatures for each one of those.  I'm willing to share or make copies for anyone doing some historical research.

Archived