TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford ESP Premium Maintenance Plan

Rachane

My local Ford dealership advises that starting December 2009 the Ford ESP Premium Maintenance Plan will be available for the GT500.

Until now Ford extended service plans (ESPs) were available for GT500s, but not the periodic maintenance ESP plans.

Don't know prices yet; check with your local dealership(s) if interested.

Also note that there are Internet sites professing to sell genuine Ford ESPs at discounted prices. Just Google "Ford ESP" and look around.

Michael

• 1 month later...

Michael,

Cost for me was $2145 over 72/100,000 or $357.50/YR. You are 100% correct, when I went to take delivery of my 10 Shelby this plan was offered to me and it after weighing the pros and cons it was a no brainer to buck up and go for it.

Reasons:

1) Peace of mind in knowing that ESP locks in a hedge against inflation (oil, parts, service, etc)

2) That ESP is valid in the US, Mexico and Canada

3) Covers plugs, shocks, clutch, belts, hoses, brakes, wipers, oil,other fluids, windshield, filters, leaks, and a gazillion components from bumper to bumper.

Rod

My local Ford dealership advises that starting December 2009 the Ford ESP Premium Maintenance Plan will be available for the GT500.

Until now Ford extended service plans (ESPs) were available for GT500s, but not the periodic maintenance ESP plans.

Don't know prices yet; check with your local dealership(s) if interested.

Also note that there are Internet sites professing to sell genuine Ford ESPs at discounted prices. Just Google "Ford ESP" and look around.

Michael

Hi Rod,

Do you have a link that explains this plan in detail? I bought it but lack literature for the Shelby.

Do you think it's possible to just drive in to the dealer at any moments notice and get a refill of fluids, for example? Or do I have to wait for each 7,500 mile interval to get these things checked out and replenished/changed out?

Hi Rod,

Do you have a link that explains this plan in detail? I bought it but lack literature for the Shelby.

Do you think it's possible to just drive in to the dealer at any moments notice and get a refill of fluids, for example? Or do I have to wait for each 7,500 mile interval to get these things checked out and replenished/changed out?

BMW and Toyota have similar programs. The BMW is part of the purchase, they will cover the maintenance (ie oil/fluids etc) at the designated intervals only. I would assume Ford will be the same.

Archived