TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

That would be my 2001 FXSTS. I've done quite a bit of work to it, to include the engine - 95", KB pistons 10.5 to 1, 560 gear drive cams, 45 mm Mikuni. Also have a 2003 Anniversary Road King, pearl white. Here's a shot with the detachable fairing and tour pak attached. Just got back from Sturgis in this pic. Always a great ride every year.

That's a great looking bike. I sure like riding mine in the nice weather.

I'm going to change my oil tomorrow and try the Pig Spit. I have never used it before.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've probably put less than 1,000 miles on my Y2K Electra-Glide in the last 4 years, might be time to off it in favor of something else. Seems every time I get back on my feet, something else goes wrong with me. Last year was a rotator cuff, this year both feet needed reconstruction, which is why I chose an automatic for my donor car. Always something!

glide1.jpg

That would be my 2001 FXSTS. I've done quite a bit of work to it, to include the engine - 95", KB pistons 10.5 to 1, 560 gear drive cams, 45 mm Mikuni. Also have a 2003 Anniversary Road King, pearl white. Here's a shot with the detachable fairing and tour pak attached. Just got back from Sturgis in this pic. Always a great ride every year.

Hey Springer...how did you get the raised tank badges when Pearl white wasn't an Anniversary color in 2003? You should've had a decal instead.

It’s been 9 months since my dad has been well enough to ride his Harley Davidson. Today we got out for a ride and had some fun. His wife rides a Harley too and she rode with us as well. I just hope dad continues to get better and we have many more riding days ahead of us. We are going to go for a longer ride on Monday. I have the day off and am looking forward to spending it with my dad out on the open road. Here’s some pic’s from todays ride.

001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

003-4.jpg

004-4.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-3.jpg

007-2.jpg

008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

Looks like someone is riding a peace officers special RK. Hope the riding was great for you Grabber.

Yes, my Dad does have a"Peace officer" bike. As you know, ever since 911, Harley Davidson sells this bike to cops for cost. They also have a special bike for fireman too. We had a great time. We stopped and had lunch and coffee at the local HD shop too. We then went to love leathers and listend to live music and had a pop. Fun times.

Here's our 3 bikes.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Rob - what a great day! :happy feet:

How old is your dad and how long has he and your mom been married?

They're in great shape! :happy feet:

My dad is 72 now and is married to a younger women. Marie is 54 and they have been married for 22 years. She takes good care of him and visa versa.

What a great day to take off work and go out riding with my son David and my Dad and his wife. We did a 60 mile ride and had lunch in a little town called Ridgefield, WA.

001-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

003-5.jpg

Great weather today for a 50 mile bike ride into the hills of LaCenter. Barb -B -

Q’d some hot dogs and then went to a car show. My Dad, His wife and my son went along for the fun. I love riding in the summer in WA State.

001-6.jpg

003-6.jpg

The Car show had a few nice rides to check out too. Saw a Shelby Member there with his Blue SGT / SC and a beautiful 55 Chev and a very nice motor in a GM product & Cobra.

005-4.jpg

006-5.jpg

010-5.jpg

011-5.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived