TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

My Dads bike is a Peace Officer Special. Harley sells these at cost to current and retired police officers and they do the same thing for Firemen except that bike is Red. It's ahuge savings for that Harley gives to these guys that serve.

Flames-BrakeHandles066.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles067.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles068.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles069.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles072.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet I spent the day poppin wheelies on my DRZ and my friends 4 year old son got his first ride from his dad on my DRZ...he's hooked for life I guarantee it! Smiling kid, boy I will tell you.

Ride On!

Grabber I will post a pic of the new chop I am building as soon as I am down in shop with a camera.

I will be running a 5 inch backbone stretch and a 40 degree rake. Hardtail Paughco frame and my current hot rod shovel mill, except I am ditching all the electrics and going with a Morris Mag. Should be super nasty once its lightened up. A regular wheelie king on 2nd I'd bet.

Maybe we can meet up on the road one day on bikes. HD's rule!

Glad to see you and your Pops having fun, enjoy those times...

As a side note, in the old days running a HD patch in the center of your jacket back was not cool....Most guys always left the back center part blank and put the HD patch on the bottom panel of the rear of the jacket, now that's "old school"!

Have fun and Forever Two Wheels my friend!

I would look forward to it. If your ever up in the Vancouver or Portland area.....let me know. I'll buy lunch.

The pleasure would be all mine, I always enjoy your posts. Cheers Grabber, I will try to make it down to my shop later for a pic of the chop frame I am working on there.

I have to help my kid today with a new gerbil cage haha I mean the ...ultimate gerbil pad... :hysterical:

Also same goes if you are ever up around Seattle or the Port Orchard area.

Sounds good.

We had a Gerbil at one time. My kid liked that little guy. He only lived 2 years, and then we had a funeral for him in the yard. It tought my son a little about death. He was pretty sad that day.

Looking forward to the Chopper pic's. :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
It was great to get out on the open road today and put on some miles. :happy feet:

th_Motorcycles104.jpg

th_Motorcycles105.jpg

Looks like it was awesome day to ride.What great time to spend with your father.Both of my parents are deceased so I spend time with my son or with others around the program to keep on moving forward and not falling back. Rob my sister lives up there in Deming Washinton looks like an awesome place to live nice pictures when yall go crusing

We had a good time today. My dad and his wife went on the ride with me. My Son David rode on my bike as usual with me. We stopped by the local Harley shop and saw the first ever factory Harley trike. They are now making them for 2009.

My dad is in the green shirt. The trike is real cool looking.

Motorcycles092.jpg

Motorcycles093.jpg

Motorcycles094.jpg

Motorcycles096.jpg

Motorcycles097.jpg

Grabber heres the pics of the new frame on a very loose mock-up. The forks have an additional rake in the trees and the trail would make it sketchy but I have another set of trees I just got from my friend. The frame is 40 degree rake 5inch in the backbone. Basically a "digger" style frame. I just ordered some Z bars to see what they might look like. The shovel in the background is my trusty steed, I am going to use that driveline and put the stock frame and tins up on a shelf I am going to use the rear and a 21 for the front. Excuse my shop its a huge mess I just moved in a bunch of stuff from another garage I have. One of these days I will get my shop clean! I swear. Haha. Cheers!

April or May. I also bought a magneto for the bike, I am looking for about 3 wires total, haha. I am going for power to weight ratio. I am running a AB cam and 9.5 to 1 forged pistons, minor head work, and a super e. I have a spyke ignition now. The tranny and engine are fresh with about 2k miles on them both. Tranny is all andrews close ratio. I did all the work except the valve grinding and head assembly. I am also going to lose the battery (mag) and the starter and various other heavy parts. Going open primary. Its funny I had a narrow glide front on the shovel originally about 10 years ago and then went for the fl wide about 7 years ago and the bike got slower. I am going to weigh the before and after weights at the scales. I am hoping for a quick little light sled, narrow and long, as it sits the seat tube is lower than my knee...hee hee. I have so many old parts so I am going with what I have in the shop or at my friends shops. So far so good.

• 7 months later...

Tomorrow morning my 14 year old son & I are leaving on a motorcycle trip for 3 days.

We are leaving from SW Washington and riding up over Mt. Hood and down into Central Oregon. We will ride by several lakes and make our way to Prineville Oregon and spend the night at my Dad's 2nd home. The next day we will do some riding with my Dad and brother exploring Central Oregon. Then we will spend the 4th of July over there and head out Sunday morning to come home.

I just got my bike ready. Windshield, backrests and luggage rack is on and we are ready to head out in the morning. We will eat out on the way and see lots of great sights. It should be a great father and son week end vacation.

July42009motorcycletrip002.jpg

• 2 months later...

Today after washing my wifes Escape and my F-150, then doing some other chores I got out of the house for a 2 hour ride on my bike. Beautiful day here in the Pacific NW. Sunny and high 80's. Nothing like the Open road on a Harley Davidson RoadKing Classic.GoldGW.gif

Motorcycles105.jpg

Harley-Davidson.jpg

Just sold mine (1999 Fatboy) this past summer for a few different reasons.

1) To help towards Shelby purchase.

2) 52 years old now and decided to go with 4 wheels from here on out.

3) Too many "air heads" on cell phones killing bikers by not paying attention.

+1 Sold 2000 Fatboy and 2003 Road King, love the 4 wheels and much safer, I'm 53.

• 6 months later...

Today after washing my wifes Escape and my F-150, then doing some other chores I got out of the house for a 2 hour ride on my bike. Beautiful day here in the Pacific NW. Sunny and high 80's. Nothing like the Open road on a Harley Davidson RoadKing Classic.GoldGW.gif

Motorcycles105.jpg

Harley-Davidson.jpg

It's been over 4 months since I have had my Harley out for a ride. Today it was sunny and mid 60's so it was a perfect afternoon to put on some miles. Had a blast I must say !!!

What a tragedy! I can't believe how much death and destruction one idiot can cause! My thoughts and prayers go out to these families and friends of the victims.

It was about 75 here yesterday in Chicagoland...I went out with my 2 sons for about 3 hours riding the Harleys...yeah baby!

• 2 months later...

Broke My Hog out today

It’s 80 and clear here so I had to get out and do some riding.

014.jpg

015.jpg

Took a ride down to the local HD shop and look what parked next to me in the handi cap spot.

009.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

007-1.jpg

008.jpg

010.jpg

I had to pick up some supplies to do a oil change on my bike. I got me a can of Pig Spit too.

016.jpg

017.jpg

I found a new 2010 that I liked on the showroom floor.

001-2.jpg

002-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

I went over to the other local hang out that’s by my house to have some coffe and listen to some live music. They just finished repaving the parking lot too.

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

35K for that SE Street Glide is high ticket to play Grabber. But what the hell, go for it.

I enjoy my 2006 RoadKing. I will keep it for many years. Very happy with it and I can see myself doing some traveling on it after I retire.

I like looking at the new stuff but mine is paid for and that's one of the reasons I like it so much. :)

You have a great looking bike. What year is it?

That would be my 2001 FXSTS. I've done quite a bit of work to it, to include the engine - 95", KB pistons 10.5 to 1, 560 gear drive cams, 45 mm Mikuni. Also have a 2003 Anniversary Road King, pearl white. Here's a shot with the detachable fairing and tour pak attached. Just got back from Sturgis in this pic. Always a great ride every year.

post-26281-127761663088_thumb.jpg

post-26281-127761663088_thumb.jpg

Archived