TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm sellin my 05 Fatboy...it just never fit me right. i'm more of a city rider than open road. the bike is a pain to park too. especially me being short legged. i miss my 02 custom Sportster. i rode the crap out of it. i may get a Sportster again. maybe one of those Nightsters. i like the looks of them too.

Just back from a little 100+ ride on my Road King.

I love hot weather! :)

Now, I'm going to take a ride on my lawn tractor before the grass is a foot high. :(

It's fun to trade off between the bike and car. I hear ya on the mower detail.

I am getting ready to go pick my son up at Grandmas. Grandma live 35 minutes away. The GT500 gets to stretch her legs again this evening. It's 7:12 here and clear and about 78 out. Perfect evening for a cruiz.

• 4 weeks later...

Another great day today for riding. My son and I went out to the local Harley shop for Chili and dogs. Then a ride to Love leathers to listen to live music in the parking lot and drink coffee.

I spotted a brand new Suzuki in Grabber Orange. My Blue road King is in the background.

Motorcycles062.jpg

Motorcycles063.jpg

Motorcycles065.jpg

Todays band was pretty good too.

Motorcycles066.jpg

David got to wear his new riding boots that I bought him a couple weeks ago.

Motorcycles067.jpg

My ride. :happy feet:

Motorcycles064.jpg

Grab - why is the rear tire on the Suzuki so much wider than your's?

One of the band members is wearing a cowboy hat. Do you have cowboys out there?

When are you going to teach David how to drive your bike?

One of my Bow-Tie boy buddies has a Suzuki bike that looks like an oversized scooter! It's an automatic, but will do 100 mph. I forget what it's called. :happy feet:

Grab - why is the rear tire on the Suzuki so much wider than your's?

One of the band members is wearing a cowboy hat. Do you have cowboys out there?

When are you going to teach David how to drive your bike?

One of my Bow-Tie boy buddies has a Suzuki bike that looks like an oversized scooter! It's an automatic, but will do 100 mph. I forget what it's called. :happy feet:

The wide tire is just a style that some bikes have.

This is the wild west, so yes we have cowboys. :hysterical:

No bike riding for David anytime soon. :baby:

Hey Grabber................. You seem to be the type of Guy that likes to be different, to Stand Out and to be Noticed............ .................

You should Sell your Hog and Buy my Scooter......................................

David.

i'm sellin my 05 Fatboy...it just never fit me right. i'm more of a city rider than open road. the bike is a pain to park too. especially me being short legged. i miss my 02 custom Sportster. i rode the crap out of it. i may get a Sportster again. maybe one of those Nightsters. i like the looks of them too.

I have been riding the crap out of my sportster, thats why i have been missing in action around here for a while. Lovin every mile of it and keeping the miles low on the Shelby.........

Live to ride, ride to Starbucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha :hysterical:

Shovelhead, DRZ400.

The HD does not leak oil as I did the work on it. It also smokes my brothers Road King. The engine internals are top secret..hehe. It can go 95 in third.

Well, hopefully you guys won't ban me for not being a Harley rider, but here goes....

My wife and I purchased this beautiful 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate last year and then took our first trip on it up to Colorado where her parents had their travel trailer in South Fork, CO. We had a blast! I don't get a chance to ride a lot since I travel a great deal in my job, but when I do get a chance to ride, I pack a few things in the bags and take off...

post-19184-1216662712.jpg

You'll notice that it matches the Shelby with the Blue/Silver colors...

I've ridden a Harley before when I worked for the Kennedale Police Department...we rode Road Kings there, and I just never felt as comfortable on one of those as I have on the "foreign" bikes...the Harley was just too top heavy when trying to make quick turn arounds on violators in tight places...I guess I'd take one if someone gave me one, but I'd probably turn around and sell it...could get close to the price of a new SGT out of one looks like in some of those pics that Grabber posted of the price tags...Geeeezzzzzz!

Well, hopefully you guys won't ban me for not being a Harley rider, but here goes....

My wife and I purchased this beautiful 2000 Honda Valkyrie Interstate last year and then took our first trip on it up to Colorado where her parents had their travel trailer in South Fork, CO. We had a blast! I don't get a chance to ride a lot since I travel a great deal in my job, but when I do get a chance to ride, I pack a few things in the bags and take off...

Thats a very nice cruising bike. No flames here. It's all good.

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Anybody going to Sturgis this year?? I should have my ride done by Friday. Started the project last September.....

wow, won't those bags limit your ability to lean into turns??? Sure do look close to the ground to me!!!

Thats a very nice cruising bike. No flames here. It's all good.

Looks like you guys had a blast.

Thanks Grabber, and YES, we did have a wonderful time! We actually threw up a small tent outside her parent's Travel Trailer, threw an air mattress in there and a couple of sleeping bags and just roughed it!! LOL People were telling her parents that they felt sorry for us, but we were having the time of our lives!

• 1 month later...

Today My son David and I spent the afternoon riding our Harley.

We rode by the Harley Dealer in Vancouver, WA to see the new 2009's. We like looking at the bikes. I wanted to see the new road king, but they only had a 2009 Street Glide. Nice bike.

th_Motorcycles079.jpg

th_Motorcycles078.jpg

th_Motorcycles077.jpg

th_Motorcycles076.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yep....Dad will be 71 next Sunday. I spent 4 hours with my Dad today riding our Harleys around town. Motorcycle.gifWe had lunch at the local Harley Davidson shop and looked at some new 2009's that just came out, and then we rode back to my house and I wrenched on his bike to change the oil and filter and check the basics out for him. I enjoy spending time with dad just talking about stuff. :) He did tell me that he got a hernia some how and that he's going to have an operation soon to get it fixed. :(

Here's a Pic of me and dad's Harley's in the parking lot today.

Motorcycles089.jpg

This is our local Shop. They put on a free lunch every Sat.

Motorcycles090.jpg

I caught my dad eye balling this chopper. I have to say it is pretty cool.

Motorcycles085.jpg

Motorcycles086.jpg

Motorcycles084.jpg

My dad loves to talk to this old couple. They are at the Harley shop every sat. rain or shine. My dad is on the far left in the green shirt. The couple is 85 years old, and the old boy drives a 3 wheeled trike bike because his balance is not what it used to be.

Motorcycles091.jpg

I caught myself eye balling this 2009 Harley in the shop today. :finger:

Motorcycles087.jpg

Motorcycles088.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Time well spent! :happy feet:

Yesterday I had lunch at the Harley shop with Dad. I had my 500 there because I was out running errands. Anyways dad had his Hog there and I saw him eyeballing a 1977 Harley with big ape hanger handle bars. He was looking it over real close and the owner cam over and let him try it out.

Here's my 71 year old dad on the 1977 ape hanger Harley ! :happy feet:

Flames-BrakeHandles057.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles058.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles059.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles060.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles061.jpg

Flames-BrakeHandles062.jpg

Archived