TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

This pic is about 18 months old, before the toy shack was completed (and the '08 GT500 was added)

My wifes '05 Softail Deluxe and her '02 Bonneville

My, '00 Buell Cyclone and '03 Road Glide

First of 3 pics to come...

Going on a 350 mile loop tomorrow. I'll be riding a '06 BMW K1200GT

Shack is not the right word for that outbuilding. Very nice I must say. Do you have a big lot or an acre or 2 ?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's one of my weekend Toys with only 5600 miles, I really don't use it for the long distance just like cruising the beach.

I got my 2006 Classic in August of 2005. I too am a weekend rider. Ever since I bought the GT500, it's tough to choose what to play on if the weather is good.

I am going to change the oil tomorrow. It's only got 300 miles on the oil, but it's 7 months old. :banghead:

I just snapped this pic tonight after wiping the bugs off the Hogs windshield.

Motorcycles034.jpg

I got my 2006 Classic in August of 2005. I too am a weekend rider. Ever since I bought the GT500, it's tough to choose what to play on if the weather is good.

I am going to change the oil tomorrow. It's only got 300 miles on the oil, but it's 7 months old. :banghead:

Motorcycles034.jpg

Hey Grabber,

Pull those side (front & rear) reflectors off, there's chrome underneath the rear rail! Look at the pic I posted of my Road Glide, even the red strip in the latch of the sadlle bag was removed, with what HD charges for chrome, may as well get what I already paid for...check this pic, even the tail light was changed to clear (with red bulb).

With Harleys, its all in the details...

RG.jpg

RG.jpg

Hey Grabber,

Pull those side (front & rear) reflectors off, there's chrome underneath the rear rail! Look at the pic I posted of my Road Glide, even the red strip in the latch of the sadlle bag was removed, with what HD charges for chrome, may as well get what I already paid for...check this pic, even the tail light was changed to clear (with red bulb).

With Harleys, its all in the details...

That's another thing that has suffered since I got a GT500. Harley Mods. :banghead:

That's another thing that has suffered since I got a GT500. Harley Mods. :banghead:

I bet the Shelby can out run the Harley though :happy feet:

Happy Birthday, Grabber. A nice day for a motorcycle ride is also a nice day for a taking the top down on a convertible Shelby B)

:headscratch:

My B-day is Dec. 30th.

Thanks thought. B)

Motorcycles034.jpg

Wow Grabber, biker dude, 300 miles in 7 months :hysterical: You need to get out and ride. My dog doesn't consider 300 miles a good Day Ride. Not even worth puttin' the doggles on for :hysterical3: Just yanking your chain buddy. Since I got the Shelby last August my riding time has taken a sharp decrease also. But we did do Bike Week (Daytona) and are going to Cass, W. VA next week. His limit is about 500 miles a day. Polish some chrome for me.

Jim

doggles.jpg

Schnauzer Bad Hair Day (after about 300 miles on the Blue Ridge)

DSCN1630.jpg

Guest markham51

I talked to a friend at my local Harley dealer today in Ontario and he said sales of sport bikes (Ninjas etc) are way down because of Ontarios new 50km per hour rule. Insurance costs get stupid on conviction and guys get right out of biking all together or go for something more conservative.

So if I could figure out how to get a picture off my phone (I don't have messaging because of previous spam email problems).

Went down to the local hangout after the Ford show at the Shelby American Collection today, then came home and went back to town to get some flowers for one of the beds. Was talking to one of the guys that was at the show and up drives:

a 1952 New York Police Department 1952 Indian.

Original paint. Kind of faded (well, doh!)

Wow Grabber, biker dude, 300 miles in 7 months :hysterical: You need to get out and ride. My dog doesn't consider 300 miles a good Day Ride. Not even worth puttin' the doggles on for :hysterical3: Just yanking your chain buddy. Since I got the Shelby last August my riding time has taken a sharp decrease also. But we did do Bike Week (Daytona) and are going to Cass, W. VA next week. His limit is about 500 miles a day. Polish some chrome for me.

Jim

doggles.jpg

Schnauzer Bad Hair Day (after about 300 miles on the Blue Ridge)

DSCN1630.jpg

Those are great pic's of your dog on the bike. I love it. In regards to my milage, I don't ride in the bad weather or the rain. Here in the pacific NW that means that the bike sits for many months. It was fun to get my bike out Sat. for a short ride.

th_Motorcycle11-11-07003.jpg

th_Motorcycle11-11-07004.jpg

th_Motorcycle11-11-07006.jpg

Those are great pic's of your dog on the bike. I love it. In regards to my milage, I don't ride in the bad weather or the rain. Here in the pacific NW that means that the bike sits for many months. It was fun to get my bike out Sat. for a short ride.

th_Motorcycle11-11-07003.jpg

th_Motorcycle11-11-07004.jpg

th_Motorcycle11-11-07006.jpg

Hey, you ride...that's the main thing. Everyone does it differently. Last July we rode from NC to the Canadian Rockies, Jasper down the Ice Flow (I think that's right) Pky, through Bannf and to Glacier NP and back to Carolina. About 6,500 miles in 14 days. If we hadn't ridden in the rain, the trip would have taken about a month :banghead: And as hot as it was in Montana we were praying for rain. Nice bike Grabber. Great therapy when you're dealing with problems like you and the misses have had lately. Hope everything is going well.

Jim

Here are some safety tips to keep in mind as summer approaches....... ;)

Expert: Motorcyclists, Car Drivers Need To Be Aware Of Each Other..... :redcard:

With the warmer weather, you'll see a mix of drivers out on roadways, some on two wheels, others on four.

It's pretty aggressive with the cars on the roads, especially with the start of a new season when the weather is getting really, really warm.

Bikers get frustrated when cars don't give motorcycles the proper room to maneuver and don't pay attention to the bikes next to them.

The drivers in cars with cell phones often cut motorcyclists off. They claim they don't see you, they can't hear the bike, can't see the bike.

A survey by Allstate Insurance shows there is aggravation on both sides. :slapfight:

Ric Richter, of Allstate, said, “In reality bikers don't trust motorists out there and think that they're unsafe, and the same is true of motorists thinking of bikers, they're unsafe with their biking characteristics.”

Chris Alexander, of Norwalk, said, “You get some groups that like to show off, you get some groups who just want to have fun, but if they're being safe, it's not really a big deal.”

There are things you can do to make sure you're safe driving a bike, or even driving a car.

Trooper Jeff Jalbert trains troopers in the state police motorcycle unit. They learn how to drive in emergency situations and even how to crash and survive. He said the most important advice is check who is driving beside you.

He said to do a quick head check instead of just looking into the mirrors into whichever lane you might be going, whether it's going off an off-ramp or just switching lanes.

For motorcycles, he said even though it's not mandated by state law it's important to wear a helmet and make sure your bike is in good condition.

Always be prepared, too. “You really need to predict the worst is going to happen and you have to have a game plan, an escape route,” Jalbert said.

J.R. Mendez, of the BUSA Crew, said safety on the roads comes down to respect. “Some people may like motorcycles, some people may not, but we have to take into consideration, we all ride on the same road, and we need to respect one another.”

6500 miles in 2 weeks....on a bike?Damn, now thats a ride!would love to go to Banff.........pics?
MWS, we were actually gone 17 days but 3 were spent in West Bend Wis. at a BMW rally, so 14 travel days for the 6,500 miles. Of course if you've ever been across southern Canada, there's about 2,000 miles of open road where 800 mile days are easy. The same goes for Rt 2 across northern Montana for the return trip. Rt. 2 is a 2 lane road with 70 MPH speed limit and I don't think we got below 90 all day except slowing through the 4 or 5 small bergs along the way. That left plenty of time for tourist mode while in the Rockies. Here are a few pics. I need to learn how to post multiple pics.Jim

Along the Ice Fields Pky, South of Jasper

P1000425-1.jpg

Lake Louise, Banff

P1000507.jpg

Glacier Ntl Pk

July2007162.jpg

Glacier

July2007067.jpg

Leaving Glacier

P1000557.jpg

Guest markham51
Hey, you ride...that's the main thing. Everyone does it differently. Last July we rode from NC to the Canadian Rockies, Jasper down the Ice Flow (I think that's right) Pky, through Bannf and to Glacier NP and back to Carolina. About 6,500 miles in 14 days. If we hadn't ridden in the rain, the trip would have taken about a month :banghead: And as hot as it was in Montana we were praying for rain. Nice bike Grabber. Great therapy when you're dealing with problems like you and the misses have had lately. Hope everything is going well.

Jim

I have done that same trip (only from Toronto, not NC) and it is spectacular. It was a long time ago but the memories are still fresh. That was the only time I've been to Montana. Thanks for the pics!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived