TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nice Day For A Motorcycle Ride

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

As soon as the fog burns off I am going on a motorcycle ride up to Battleground lake and to the Harley shop for lunch to hang out and look at bikes. My Dad & his wife should be here on their Harleys in an hour, and David & I will be riding with them.

Looks like lots of fun.

Can you burn a wheel in that thing?

It is alot of fun. The only thing funner, is riding my GT500.

My Dad is 70 years old, and it is nice to spend time riding with him. My son David loves to go too, so I get a Horsepower fix wile spending time with family. What else could I ask for.

motercycleride10-13-07015.jpg

How's your Dad doing Grabby? I remember a while back that he was very sick. I hope that the Lord has given you more time to spend with him.

Looks like everyone had a good time.

Joe,

My dad still has his good and bad days. Dad brought Pizza over Friday night because he knew Tana was hurt with her sprained ankle. Tana asked him about going to Hawaii next spring for a week, and he can't commit to going due to his health fluctuations.

My Dad's heart disease (vasculitus) is in remission now. The drugs he is taking has allowed his health to return. One of the drugs is very nasty, it's called prednizone and it has crappy after effects on the body. During the next 9 months the doctors will very slowly ween my dad off of the nasty drugs.

It is my prayer that his body reacts well during the weening off period and that his disease stays in remission. In the last 3 weeks Dad has called me twice to go riding, and of course I like to go with him. I am very thankfull that the Lord has allowed me to spend more time with him.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from a short ride with my son David. Another dry day today, but very overcast. A rain system is moving in. Tana is cooking dinner and chocolate chip cookies, so the entire house smells great. A perfect Sunday indeed. :yup: Hope you all are enjoying Vetrans day.

Motorcycle11-11-07002.jpg

Motorcycle11-11-07001.jpg

• 6 months later...

David and I just got back from a 30 mile bike ride. I have not been on my bike since this last post in this thread 5 months ago. My bike has 3770 miles on it now. We are going out on it tomorrow for a nice ride and lunch at a biker hang out at our local Hatrley Davidson shop.

This pic is about 18 months old, before the toy shack was completed (and the '08 GT500 was added)

My wifes '05 Softail Deluxe and her '02 Bonneville

My, '00 Buell Cyclone and '03 Road Glide

First of 3 pics to come...

Going on a 350 mile loop tomorrow. I'll be riding a '06 BMW K1200GT

Toy_shack_004.jpg

Toy_shack_004.jpg

Nice pic of the Road Glide, I've had a Road King Classic, and as nice as that bike was, this one is even better, especially with the frame mounted fairing the BEST touring Harley, bar none!

Road_glide.jpg

Road_glide.jpg

This pic is about 18 months old, before the toy shack was completed (and the '08 GT500 was added)

My wifes '05 Softail Deluxe and her '02 Bonneville

My, '00 Buell Cyclone and '03 Road Glide

First of 3 pics to come...

Going on a 350 mile loop tomorrow. I'll be riding a '06 BMW K1200GT

Sweet!

Enjoy the ride and be safe.....................

Too HOT in cali today for riding...102 in Gilroy!

My daughter took this pic of me on I-5 in the Central Valley last fall as we were heading up to the Sierras.

Cruzin' about 85-90mph here!

Buell_Cyclone.jpg

Buell_Cyclone.jpg

Very nice ride DreamRide this is my 97 Sportster that I bought new and will never sell at any Price.

100_0444.jpg

That's one nice looking 11 year old bike. How many miles on it now ?

Archived