TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Satellite radio ?

FiaCobra

A few questions regarding Satellite radio.

I recently purchased a 2009 KR with satellite and nav. This car was on the dealer showroom floor for over 8 months before I picked it up. I was checking out the stereo and whatnot. Anyway, I hit the satellite button and it came on. Now, I know the 1st few months are free but, how do you start the process? Meaning, by me simply turning it on, was it activated? If not, apparently the dealer must have activated it.

Also, I noticed they only give me 3 stations for each genre of music. For example, i'll get 3 stations for rock, 3 for dance, 3 for R&B....etc.

Is that a sample (3 stations per genre) or is that it for a full service?

To be honest with you, I don't drive this car enough to warrant a service contract with SIRIUS.

What do you say satellite afficionados ??

The dealer activates the sirus for you and the six month trial starts from the day the dealer says you bought it. As for only having three stations per genre......go nothing for you, had everything on mine (for six months anyway). I too do not drive the car (or any car) enough to warrant paying for radio, espically since it has a line in that you can attach your ipod to.

Got lifetime subscription from the wife for b-day after the 6 mos ran up. Love it, though they got rid of super shuffle.

Line in is great, but, I've found the quality to be lacking and you've got to turn it up louder than normal. Ripping a CS w/ 200+ songs in MP3 format lets me have 6 CDs w/ more songs than I'll run through in a month in any genre imaginable.

Either way, best soundtrack doesn't involve the radio at all.

Nyeh, I didn't renew mine. They called four times and eventual had to tell them that I totaled the car, lol. I agree - I'd much rather plug in an iPod or burn the CD's myself, but some would rather have the Sirius subscription.

Just depends on what you want! I'd rather roll the windows down and open up the throttle. :spiteful:

I like it, because it is more than music...sports, and of course Howard Stern un :censored:

We have 3 accounts, 2 cars and a portable (which goes into a third car on occasion), and I'm paying $26.00 month for all 3...less than $1.00 day...I'm OK with that, heck, I know people that spend that every week for designer coffee...

I also have the portable boom box which is great when we go to our place in the mountains...

I almost hate to reply to this as big brother might be watching. I bought my GT500 new in 2007 and the satellite came in. I have never subscribed or paid and it still works. I don't use it that much but really enjoy it when I do.

To be honest, I do not listen to the radio whilst driving. As a matter of fact, I removed the antenna.

I like to sometimes get some lunch, and drive by the bay and sit there in peace, eat some good food, and listen to the satellite radio in the KR. It's my way of unwinding.

Maybe we should start a poll to see what Shelby owners WOULD pay for limited consumption of Sirius given the minimal miles most of these vehicles see on a monthly basis. Estimating the 2007-2010 total is approximately 25k units and half (?) have SAT, that could be 12-13k subscribers. Wouldn't some discounted revenue from many be better for Sirius than a little bit at full price? It's a nice feature, but IMHO, not worth paying full tilt rates when it's hardly used!

I like the Sat Radio and believe most of us driving Shelbys could afford the small price for this feature, I never thought I would pay for radio but you get hooked on it. I also agree that in reality with most of us having garage queens, it is not a good value for owners but is for sellers of Sat radio.

Just my thoughts, you can always turn it off.......

Glenn

If you renew,don't go with thier first quote.They will negotiate the price.I love it even though the car does not get drove that much now.I have it in my 500,the wifes roush,daughters car,and my truck.The wifes jeep only gets drove 1/2 mile to work or it would probley have it too.

A few questions regarding Satellite radio.

I recently purchased a 2009 KR with satellite and nav. This car was on the dealer showroom floor for over 8 months before I picked it up. I was checking out the stereo and whatnot. Anyway, I hit the satellite button and it came on. Now, I know the 1st few months are free but, how do you start the process? Meaning, by me simply turning it on, was it activated? If not, apparently the dealer must have activated it.

Also, I noticed they only give me 3 stations for each genre of music. For example, i'll get 3 stations for rock, 3 for dance, 3 for R&B....etc.

Is that a sample (3 stations per genre) or is that it for a full service?

To be honest with you, I don't drive this car enough to warrant a service contract with SIRIUS.

What do you say satellite afficionados ??

I am like you, I don't drive the car enough to warrant a SIRIUS subscription. I did get 2 or 3 calls asking me to re-up, plus several mail flyers. I told the people on the phone, thanks, I like it well enough, but I can't see spending the money when I drive the car 2000 miles a year.

I picked up the car in August 2008 and I still have it. Must be a bigger hassle to turn it off than what I had imagined. :rolleyes:

I do have all the stations, though.

Archived