TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New body style for Nascar?

9599svt

I heard that in the nascar nationwide series they are going to change the cars like they did in the cup series. Ford is going to run the mustang body style in the new car for four races this next season. I believe chevy is going to run the camero. Do you think it is possible that ford changed the body style to something more airodynamic just for Nascar?

I heard that in the nascar nationwide series they are going to change the cars like they did in the cup series. Ford is going to run the mustang body style in the new car for four races this next season. I believe chevy is going to run the camero. Do you think it is possible that ford changed the body style to something more airodynamic just for Nascar?

What I saw on NASCAR a few weeks ago only resembled a 2010 Mustang GT...the rear side windows were very large to allow for all of the naca ducts that NASCAR uses and the hood definately did NOT open up where the stock GT hood would open...it looked as if they had cut an access panel in the stock hood and used the hood pins to lock it down about 6 inches back from the stock hood front...Of course, it has to fit NASCAR's templates, so as I said, it only slightly resembles a true 2010 Mustang GT, but from a distance, ot does look pretty good...

:shift: NASCAR has ruined racing with these generic, headlight and grill sticker, cars that don't have a single body panel that came from a "stock" car. Add the restrictor plates and all you've got is a merry-go-round style of racing that is boring. Even before the economy tanked attendance at races were in a decline. Perhaps an alternative would be to return to cars that at least a few stock body panels, put real grills and headlight opening covers, bumper covers, etc. Then slow the cars down and take the "aerodynamic" aspect out of the racing some so the cars can resemble real cars. Just a thought

Ford is running the Mustang body, Chrysler is going to have a Challenger, however Gov't Motors has elected not to run a Camaro. Figures.

I really like NASCAR and I like the new cars, but theres NOTHING stock about them!!

The car thats running Nationwide is like the Sprint Cup cars is a generic car. All the cars are identical!! The front "grill" is going to be different on them and they kinda resemble Mustangs and Chargers, but the 2010 Mustang change had NOTHING to do with NASCAR

MM

It's a nice thought, but I seriously doubt it. I do like that the front end of the Mustang (as well as the Challenger) actually do look like the production cars for the Nationwide COT, but I think these were locked in long before NASCAR decided to actually do something good and shake up the N'Wide series with a COT of its own. Obviously there is a history of factories doing NASCAR specials, Boss 429 for engines, Talladega, SuperBird, Charger 500, Charger Daytona, Pontiacs Grand Prix 2+2 and the Monte Carlo Aero coupe for body holmologation. Maybe we'll see some changes in the 2015 Mustang that will be geared towards the track, but for now I just hope it will make for more enjoyable racing.

I am happy to see the Mustang and Challenger in Nationwide. However, the cynic in me says it won't be long lived. Chevrolet is going to continue using the Impala and Toyota may use a Solara (two door Camary). Both of those cars have rounded and sloped noses. The pony cars with the beautiful upright front ends will be at an aerodynamic disadvantage. Nascar or Ford and Dodge will have to change something to keep those brands competitive. Either the template, styling or cars.

Nascar is no longer stock car racing. Which Nascar and most of its fans are fine with.

PS.

Do you remember the ugly aerodynamic styled Taurus for Nascar in the early 90's. :hysterical:

Archived