TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 GT500 in Dallas Craigslist

llcwhit

....not shocked in the least......

That's a very reasonable asking price given the market for newer or new models. He may actually get "asking " price on the sale, too! :lurk:

+1.

This is in my corner of town. If anyone is interested I'll be happy to make drive buy and check it out.

J-

It's shocking because you're probably thinking of what they paid the dealer but when you take the actual 2007 MSRP price and factor in its a 3 year old car, $33k actually is good for the seller.

All that extra ADM $$$ did nothing but line dealers pockets all because they could.

Steve

"All that extra ADM $$$ did nothing but line dealers pockets all because they could." Steve, it did line some dealers pockets, but it's all relative to the state of the economy. Lots of KR owners paid more than anyone would consider today. The extra ADM also bought exclusivity that couldn't be had by "most" Shelby enthusiasts.

There are several things certain to happen with the S197 Shelby GT500s, they will loose more value in the short run, less people will be original owners, more of these will be driven daily / crashed and the value will go back up on well preserved units in the not to distant future.

It's shocking because you're probably thinking of what they paid the dealer but when you take the actual 2007 MSRP price and factor in its a 3 year old car, $33k actually is good for the seller.

All that extra ADM $$$ did nothing but line dealers pockets all because they could.

Steve

And Payback is a Biach. Because I'm sure those Pockets have been pretty Empty this past Year. I Love it. Karma Baby.

unreal, $32,900OBO....prices seem to keep coming down on these cars..

Due to the economy, unfortunately lot's of people are finding themselves hard pressed to sell something not necessary to their survival and this is what is happening right now not only to our cars, but lot's of other things of luxury. If the economy was booming I don't think this would be happening with this car.

SAS

AZ.

unreal, $32,900OBO....prices seem to keep coming down on these cars..

Supply and demand plus the economy hurts these cars. Side bar gas prices and insurance cost don't help the daily driver cars . Plus there's a bigger and badder Shelby allways in the future .

Steve

Steve in late 06 I had plenty of money and I did not care if I lined the dealers pocket or not- still do not care- you have a short memory as the early cars were in demand and most dealers only got one to four so you stepped up to the plate or walked- No regrets on my part as I did not and do not plan on selling the car so who cares what it is worth- if the book value goes down so will the insurance. I did the same thing in my business if I had a product in short supply and it fit a nitch a customer wanted- it is called good business- it sure does not work so well now so as the saying goes make hay while the sun shines- Its not like the early 07s had a buy now price. Having a gt 500 is all that matters and having the first of the new breed is even better- The cars value is determined by its condtion and demand not what was paid for it. The age of the 07s along with the basic same car being produced every year has not helped the 07s or 08s or 09s etc. How much you lose on selling a product is based on how much you can afford to lose- in the case of cars in short term it can be a lot. If you paid more you should expect to lose more. I think it is called marketing. 33 kay is good for the seller? Maybe yes maybe no.

• 8 months later...

I wouldn't trade my 07 for an 011, to much junk in the trunk on the later and I don't like the nose piece in front of the hood on the 010-011's. Suspension / tires are easily upgraded and 07 to 011 have very close to the same hp, the 010-011's are nice but in five years an 07-09 will be worth more money, IMO. 07-09 's are keepers. $60,000 mustangs are a vanishing breed.

I wouldn't trade my 07 for an 011, to much junk in the trunk on the later and I don't like the nose piece in front of the hood on the 010-011's. Suspension / tires are easily upgraded and 07 to 011 have very close to the same hp, the 010-011's are nice but in five years an 07-09 will be worth more money, IMO. 07-09 's are keepers. $60,000 mustangs are a vanishing breed.

Wishful thinking....

Too each is their own. I've been saving since the GT500 debuted in 2006 because I love the car. I dont care what year it is, I love the looks of the 07-09 MY's. As long as I can find a good price on a reasonably low mileage GT500, I'll be owning a shelby soon. I know I'm young and the Insurance is high but I've gotta live with that fact. Its definatly sad to see other shelby owners forced to sell their cars as well but theres always going to be future Shelbys (Knock on wood). Like Mr. shelby says " these cars are meant to be driven" so enjoy em' while you got em'

Too each is their own. I've been saving since the GT500 debuted in 2006 because I love the car. I dont care what year it is, I love the looks of the 07-09 MY's. As long as I can find a good price on a reasonably low mileage GT500, I'll be owning a shelby soon. I know I'm young and the Insurance is high but I've gotta live with that fact. Its definatly sad to see other shelby owners forced to sell their cars as well but theres always going to be future Shelbys (Knock on wood). Like Mr. shelby says " these cars are meant to be driven" so enjoy em' while you got em'

ya hang in there and you will find that dream car.......i did, 07 gt500 $27K.....ok a few more miles than i would have liked, but heck i've put 4000mi on it since may......driven&enjoyem!!

Archived