TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2008 GT500 Production Numbers

darksnake

How many Shelby GT500's were produced in 2008, and how many were produced Alloy Clearcooat Metalllic exterior? Black & Charcoal interior? Number, percentage. Good topic for car shows coming up.

Is there a Shelby/SVT Certification I can get for my car...VIN# 1ZVHT88SX85107776?

How many Shelby GT500's were produced in 2008, and how many were produced Alloy Clearcooat Metalllic exterior? Black & Charcoal interior? Number, percentage. Good topic for car shows coming up.

Is there a Shelby/SVT Certification I can get for my car...VIN# 1ZVHT88SX85107776?

Snappy, check out the attached PDF file in this post: 2007-2009 Production Numbers

There were a total of 8,583 GT500s made in 2008 - 6,513 coupes and 2,070 convertibles. There were a total of 402 coupes and convertibles delivered in Alloy Clearcoat Metallic - 314 coupes and 88 convertibles. Of the 314 coupes, 291 were delivered with Satin Silver stripes, and 23 were Stripe Delete. Of the 88 convertibles, 79 were delivered with Satin Silver stripes, and 9 with Stripe Delete. Of the 314 coupes, 288 were delivered with the Charcoal Black interior, and 26 with the Crimson Red interior. Of the 88 convertibles, 76 were delivered with the Charcoal Black interior, and 12 with the Crimson Red interior. There is no correlation between interior color and stripe color provided by Ford's breakdown. (Once I get through all the window stickers, I'll have those data.)

As you can see, I'm a bit obsessed with the color and stripe combos! :)

Hey MMM,

I have a Ebony 'vert, alloy stripe and crimson inserts

The info I have is,

1 of 235 Ebony cars with red inserts (but doesn't tell me what the side stripe is, red vs. white vs. stripe delete etc)

1 of 309 Ebony with Alloy stripe, (same as above, all charcoal vs. red insert etc)

My question is, how many with Ebony, alloy, and red inserts. as not all Ebony cars had alloy side stripe, some had white...

Thanx

Hey MMM,

I have a Ebony 'vert, alloy stripe and crimson inserts

The info I have is,

1 of 235 Ebony cars with red inserts (but doesn't tell me what the side stripe is, red vs. white vs. stripe delete etc)

1 of 309 Ebony with Alloy stripe, (same as above, all charcoal vs. red insert etc)

My question is, how many with Ebony, alloy, and red inserts. as not all Ebony cars had alloy side stripe, some had white...

Thanx

Howdy, Kali_KR! I don't have that data on the 2008 GT500s yet -- I'm working my way through the 2007s first. However, I WILL have the complete breakdown of stripe colors, interior colors, and top/side stripe delete colors once I get all the window stickers. It may be a few months yet, but I WILL get it! :)

Absolutely - just call Ford Performance Group at (800) FORD-788 and give them the last 6 digits of your VIN. The price is $45, but inquire as to any discounts for memberships you may have (Team Shelby, SVTOA, etc.).

here you go, this may answer your questions..

2008GT500Breakdown.jpg

Thanx, but I have that, unfortunately, this is missing a third matrix which would be, paint, stripe and trim.

This chart only accounts for 2 matrix, paint & trim, and stripe & paint...

Thanx, but I have that, unfortunately, this is missing a third matrix which would be, paint, stripe and trim.

This chart only accounts for 2 matrix, paint & trim, and stripe & paint...

My database will include all delivered options as listed on the original window sticker - so it will show external color, stripe color (if applicable), installed options (e.g., GT500 Premier Trim Package, Sirius, Shaker 1000, etc.), and Stripe Delete options (Over-The-Top Stripe Delete, Side Stripe Delete, or both). I will definitely publish the results here when I'm done. I'm hoping to have the '07 coupes done by the end of the year.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived