TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ORDERING A 2011.

03reptile

Just visited my dealer/owner today and he had a 2010 silver with dark LeMans stripe on the showroom floor. Beautiful car. Has the bigger radio in it and HIDs, but otherwise stock. I really spent a lot of time looking and probing and decided to order the 2011. He indicated the 2010 production was over. The 2011 order bank should open in January or early February. Not sure whether to trade in the 2007 or sell it, but that will depend on what I get in trade-in. The 2011 is rumored to have the aluminium block so its a no brainer for me. I'm starting to get that old "new car anxiety" that I had when waiting for the 07 to show up. He also had a new SHO (wife has had two in the past) so am bringing her up to look at it. Very impressed with the quality and looks. I'll keep you all posted when I order the 2011. He'll call me when the bank opens up. Does this ever end??? Before you ask, I'll get it for a little over invoice. We've been friends for thirty years so that helps.

Just visited my dealer/owner today and he had a 2010 silver with dark LeMans stripe on the showroom floor. Beautiful car. Has the bigger radio in it and HIDs, but otherwise stock. I really spent a lot of time looking and probing and decided to order the 2011. He indicated the 2010 production was over. The 2011 order bank should open in January or early March. Not sure whether to trade in the 2007 or sell it, but that will depend on what I get in trade-in. The 2011 is rumored to have the aluminium block so its a no brainer for me. I'm starting to get that old "new car anxiety" that I had when waiting for the 07 to show up. He also had a new SHO (wife has had two in the past) so am bringing her up to look at it. Very impressed with the quality and looks. I'll keep you all posted when I order the 2011. He'll call me when the bank opens up. Does this ever end??? Before you ask, I'll get it for a little over invoice. We've been friends for thirty years so that helps.

where in md are you located?

Just visited my dealer/owner today and he had a 2010 silver with dark LeMans stripe on the showroom floor. Beautiful car. Has the bigger radio in it and HIDs, but otherwise stock. I really spent a lot of time looking and probing and decided to order the 2011. He indicated the 2010 production was over. The 2011 order bank should open in January or early February. Not sure whether to trade in the 2007 or sell it, but that will depend on what I get in trade-in. The 2011 is rumored to have the aluminium block so its a no brainer for me. I'm starting to get that old "new car anxiety" that I had when waiting for the 07 to show up. He also had a new SHO (wife has had two in the past) so am bringing her up to look at it. Very impressed with the quality and looks. I'll keep you all posted when I order the 2011. He'll call me when the bank opens up. Does this ever end??? Before you ask, I'll get it for a little over invoice. We've been friends for thirty years so that helps.

I have 3.5k miles on my SHO, drive one and you will love it!!

Phil

I have 3.5k miles on my SHO, drive one and you will love it!!

Phil

Congrats on your new SHO! We drove the SHO yesterday and wife liked it. She currently has a 06 Chrysler 300C which she really likes. She felt the SHO drove and handled well, but wasn't really inamoured by the overall looks..to each his own. I think she's going to wait a while before any decision is made. She also likes the looks of the BMW 335, so will be test driving one of those. Me, I'm just waiting for the order bank to open so I can order the new 2011 GT500. I think the order bank is supposed to open up on 01/18/2010. We'll see.

I am in the same boat, put some feelers out with some dealers in NJ for the 2011. I have my 06 GT for sale on Cars.com and Craigslist, but this time of year is tough for used Mustang sales in the NE. Hey man if you can get it for a little over invoice tell him we'll take 2, I'll drive up to MD from NY to save some $$........

I buy all my Fords from Michael Morris. Always a pleasant experience.

Like a few of you, I'm looking at getting rid of the Lotus Elise because I need another Mustang to molest. GT500's are almost done being molested and will be by the time the 2011's come out. The Terlingua will be done by New Years. I can't wait to get my hands on a 2011 V6. I plan on molesting that car for awhile. That 300hp on the V6 is a good starting point. Throw some 3' pipes on it, Headers, molest the boost and cooling, subframe connectors, rip out some suspension parts and upgrade them :drool:

Archived