TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motorweek TV to Track Test of Three 500-Horsepower Sports Cars

ColdwaterHotrod

Mark you calenders for this Motorweek episode on PBS broadcasting.

It begins February 23, 2007

Episode Title: #2625/Super Sports Car Shootout

Track Test of Three 500-Horsepower Sports Cars: 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Dodge Viper SRT10, and Ford Shelby GT500.

Any guesses as to who wins?

My guess is in the folowing order since MW is pro chevy:

1st - Corvette Z06

2nd - Shelby GT500

3rd - Dodge Viper SRT10

4th - MM's Pinto :hysterical2:

Mark you calenders for this Motorweek episode on PBS broadcasting.

It begins February 23, 2007

Episode Title: #2625/Super Sports Car Shootout

Track Test of Three 500-Horsepower Sports Cars: 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, Dodge Viper SRT10, and Ford Shelby GT500.

Any guesses as to who wins?

My guess is in the folowing order since MW is pro chevy:

1st - Corvette Z06

2nd - Shelby GT500

3rd - Dodge Viper SRT10

4th - MM's Pinto :hysterical2:

CW.

I understand that both other stock vehicles out-perform the Shelby in the quarter and on the road course. The Vett and Viper lack styling. For me there has never been any question which one I would own. Like movie reviews, MW's analyst have their own opinions on what makes a great car; each is subjective. I know what I like and it's the styling along with the performance. IMO, I bought the best . . . To each his own.

:hyper: :yup::speedie:

What's the point of comparing Ford's 4-seat sports car to Dodge and Chevy's 2-seaters? They need to get ahold of a Ford GT to make this worthwhile.

I'm only interested in seeing how the GT500 compares to similar cars in it's class (Challenger and Camaro).

Regardless, though, it is also about aesthetics. Thus, the GT500 is my choice hands down.

What's the point of comparing Ford's 4-seat sports car to Dodge and Chevy's 2-seaters? They need to get ahold of a Ford GT to make this worthwhile.

I'm only interested in seeing how the GT500 compares to similar cars in it's class (Challenger and Camaro).

Regardless, though, it is also about aesthetics. Thus, the GT500 is my choice hands down.

Yeah, its really comparing apples and oranges. Ive never been a big fan of the vette or the viper, both good cars though, but they are not 4 passenger muscle cars. Ford GT is Fords version of those cars and would show them both its tail lights I think. Big price difference though, GTs are pricey.

Right now, the Shelby is in a class by itself. The closest hypothetical comparison woud be, let's say, a Monte Carlo if Chevy had the balls to put a a Z06 engine in it in it. The Monte is, um, not too easy on the eyes though, no matter what they do its got some major ugly goin on :headspin: . Chrysler doesnt even have a rear drive 2 door 4 pass car do they? They dorked the Charger up good IMHO. That thing with 2 doors could have been cool.

Even Honda has a 2 door 4 passeger car. Chrysler is sometimes shockingly clueless :drop:

KC666

Here is the thing I don't like.....

the local chevy dealer got its first 2007 Z06 the other day......list price $101,000 canadian.......my shelby was 52,000 canadian, and I only had to pay an extra 1K, literally half the price!!!

the fact they compare the GT500 to these other cars is ridiculous.......

and I can almost guarantee any type of Camaro SS or anything close to the shelby in performance will be a lot more in price......There really is no other car that can compare to the GT500 in the world, it is really in its own category I think.....

ps. god I love the beast, I look at it and talk to it everyday..... :D

I am sure the GT500 will come in last due to weight, which henders the GT500's performance against the Viper and the ZO6. But for sure will get thumbs up in cost and comfort.

The GT500 really isn't in the same class as the Viper and the ZO6 because of wieght and cost.

But Dodge and Chevy has to have someone to pick on.

The good thing for all GT500 owners and buyers is, we all have a car that with just bolt-on mods. will smoke both the ZO6 and Viper and still be least expensive.

ColdWater,

This is the cover story for the December 2006 issue of MOTOR TREND . I came across it at my dentist office and somehow I forgot to return it before I left.

You guessed right on their ratings:

1st - Corvette Z06

2nd - Shelby GT500

3rd - Dodge Viper SRT10

I know M/T comparing apples to oranges but its still a informative article.

If anyone's interested I sure this issue is still available.

Alan

I use the picture with the helicopter as wallpaper, It looks like the Shelby is out in front by a couple of feet.

post-7141-1167590448_thumb.jpg

post-7141-1167590448_thumb.jpg

Archived