TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wishing Merry Christmas to LSR's wife & Kids

av-3039.gif

Our good friend and fellow Stang member LSR has been gone now for a little over a year. He died on Oct. 28, 2008. Christmas day 12/25 is his birthday. He left behind a wife and kids that are trying to adjust with out having a father, husband, lover and provider. LSR (Lamonte) was a big part of the Mustang community and a few of his friends are sending a Christmas package over to his wife and kids. That package is going to be a nice card that expresses Kindness and Love and a little extra boo$t to Sue and her kids from us.

I know that times are tough, but if you wish to join me and many others, I will make sure the card and gift gets delivered to his wife and kids on Christmas...just in time for LSR's birthday.

Here is the link to get on board with your gift that I have set up on paypal:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...gif%3aNonHosted

Here is a recent update on how his family is doing. This is from his best friend Micky (stangcrazy)

11/20/09

"as you know LSR, Lamonte Morris died Oct 28, 2008 from an illness, Yes he is very deeply missed and has been a tough year, His wife sold their home 2 months ago as you know we helped keep them there through the year with all the donations, they have a nice apartment. Little lamonte is doing much better, no more counsling is making A's B's in school now is much better, Sue is doing well and their daughter is fine too, they seem to have adjusted ok considering all. Sue says to tell everyone Thanks for all you have done for her family and to tell everyone happy holidays as they make it through the seasons.

Thanks for posting this Rob. I know his family would appreciate all the help they can get during the holiday season. It is always hard to go through the holidays when a loved one has passed on. I hope this helps take away some of that pain in wondering how they will spend Christmas.

Good job Rob.......

You guys are very kind and in the first day have raised $245 dollars. The happieness that this special message will bring to Sue and the kids on Christmas day will be a blessing to them in so many ways.

I never met Lamonte in person, but we have talked on the phone many times. I helped him get his clutch and tranny problem resolved and that's how we became friends. When he got laid off, we talked more and that's when I found out that Lamonte was a brother in Christ. He asked me to pray for him and his family. That's when our lines of communication opened up.

God works thru His people. He is using us to give Sue a message from the Heavans above. A message of Love and Care. LSR dwells in the house with the Lord and believe me when I say this to you. LSR is smiling about this.

LSRfromMickey1.jpg

...I found out that Lamonte was a brother in Christ. He asked me to pray for him and his family. That's when our lines of communication opened up.

God works thru His people. He is using us to give Sue a message from the Heavans above. A message of Love and Care. LSR dwells in the house with the Lord and believe me when I say this to you. LSR is smiling about this.

Grabber, you are a real benefit to the members of this forum and I have a lot of respect for you but I am turned off from using this paypal link to help Lamonte's family by the heavy religious overtones of the last couple of sentences in your post. Some atheists (me), agnostics and non-Christians might not want their gift misinterpreted or viewed by his family as an act of Christian faith. I'd like to think the winter holidays are associated with a tradition of giving help to those around us in need, without appealing to Jesus, Allah, Buddha or any deity.

What do you think?

Grabber, you are a real benefit to the members of this forum and I have a lot of respect for you but I am turned off from using this paypal link to help Lamonte's family by the heavy religious overtones of the last couple of sentences in your post. Some atheists (me), agnostics and non-Christians might not want their gift misinterpreted or viewed by his family as an act of Christian faith. I'd like to think the winter holidays are associated with a tradition of giving help to those around us in need, without appealing to Jesus, Allah, Buddha or any deity.

What do you think?

Oh dont turn it into that. Do what you can with your belief that you did for a good cause. Some people may do it with the belief that god is behind it. Some people just do it to be good. Some people do it because its the right thing to do. There are a million reasons to help someone. You take your pick and make a decision. God or any other figure should not hinder you from doing good.

What do you think?

I spoke from a spirit filld heart in my post. It was not my intent to offend you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

What do you think?

So because of your beliefs, you are giving Grabber a bad time for his beliefs and Lamonte's beliefs that they shared together? Wow, gotta love the hypocrisy there! Either you want to help out or you don't. It's pretty simple now isn't it?

What do you think?

WRONG PLACE- WRONG TIME

Today a couple more donations rolled in. We sure have some good people here....THAT'S FORSURE. :salute: One of the donations was from a member that contributed 2 weeks ago....and today he added another donation. Wow - what a guy. :superhero:

We have a total of 5 donations from this site and 17 donations from some of LSR's friends on another site. That's 21 donations so far.

We are now up to a grand total of $924.52 :)

We recieved one more donation. It came in today. The tally is now $967. I just wrote a check to Sue for $1000.

I'm putting my thoughts on a card together this evening and putting the check in the mail from us all in the morning. I want Sue to have it buy 12/21/09 so they can have an extra special Christmas form all of LSR's buds.

I will show you when I'm done.

Rob

OK, I finished the card. I want to thank the 22 members who made this act of kindness possible. You guys are good people. This is what Christmas is all about.

The card and check will be in the mail Thursday morning 12/17/09. Delivery should be Monday 12/21/09. Just in time for Christmas.

001-5.jpg

003-3.jpg

My wife Tana took the letter and check to the Post Office today and made sure it was sent out. It felt good to get this done.

Today one of our TS members made a contribution even knowing that the card has been sent. I plan on sending another little card for new years 2010, so if anyone else wants to get in on that card.....this thread will still be open for a couple more weeks to chip in. I had not planned on doing that...but this late contribution makes it possible.

Thanks you all so much. It just goes to show you what kind of people are in this hobby.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got word from Mickey (Stangcrazy) that The $1000 check that we sent to Sue made their holiday alot better than what it would of been. It was a tough day on Christmas because that is LSR's birthday too. LSR has 2 kids. One is 15 and his name is Lamonte and the other is 21 and her name is Brittney. Brittney is in College.

Sue says thank you all very much. superhero.gif

• 5 months later...

Yesterday I received a very nice thank you card from LSR’s wife Sue Morris. The $1000.00 you guys all raised on SM and TS to make their Christmas better was very much appreciated. I can’t post this on SM because I’m banned from that site, so if any of you are members their, please let them know that their kindness blessed Sue and her kids.

001-8.jpg

003-6.jpg

In Memory of LSR

th_LSRfromMickey1.jpg

th_Sue.jpg

th_LSR2.jpg

th_LSR1.jpg

th_LSR.jpg

Archived