TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Why Doesn't Shelby Sell Diecast Online!?

harristotle

Numerous collectors have voiced a strong desire to buy the Shelby Collectibles line of diecast on the Team Shelby Store, but the only thing we have is the occasional car that's been released forever at twice the retail price. Could someone from Shelby please tell us why the diecast isn't offered online, and when it is it's not listed at a fair/competitive price.

Some of us collectors have to resort to mostly online transactions to get diecast, and I can't find a single online dealer that sells the new releases of Shelby Collectibles.

Please Shelby, help the collectors out.

While we respect your contract with Toys R Us, it's frustrating when we can't find the diecast., or the TRU in our area only gets one case and that's it. We have the desire to buy, the money to spend, and an extremely hard time finding the product.

Is there something that could be worked out where after so much time they are sold at the Shelby Store?

While we respect your contract with Toys R Us, it's frustrating when we can't find the diecast., or the TRU in our area only gets one case and that's it. We have the desire to buy, the money to spend, and an extremely hard time finding the product.

Is there something that could be worked out where after so much time they are sold at the Shelby Store?

tell me what your looking for, I will check with TS

Amy, I am always on the lookout for the 1:64th diecast. I know that currently Series 8 is out and in Toy's r Us but you must go from location to location and still may not find all of the available models. It would be great to have them available on TS; it is embarrassing to have to fight with the seven and eight year olds for the cars.

Amy, Thank you for replying so quickly to this thread!

My desire is that the 1/64 releases be made available on the Team Shelby store at a reasonable price as well. The newest release includes 2 2010 GT500's along with CSX2000 and the Prudhomme edition Shelby. These are all cars that I would like at least 1 of each, and thats not counting the previous release as well. I feel like there are a reasonable amount of collectors who would purchase the diecast from Shelby this way. I'm an avid 1/64 and sometimes 1/24 collector, and probably 95% of my diecast is from online vendors. It wouldn't be a big deal if someone sold them online, but nobody carries them that I can find.

Again, thank you for responding to this thread, and thank you for any help with this!

Mike

I'll put in my .02 on this one as well, and go in full agreeement with Mikes post. The TRU local to me is hit and miss on getting these things. I know I've missed out on the first release of the Daytona Coupe (blue/white) and I certainly would love to have one for my extensive Daytona Coupe collection. I ran across someone on ebay selling some of the latest release and I must say that the packaging art is fantastic. The grabber blue/red GT500 is one I will be hoping to find, but if I coudl order it and some of the other pieces (i.e. Daytona Coupe, Pruhomme car, CSX2000) I certianly would rather give TS the business in hopes of suporting them and SAI.

I have found the Series 7 cars on Diecastalley.com. These people give great service and their prices are good. I spoke with them by phone and they hope to have Series 8 soon. It is my understanding that the CS6 and the Prudhomme cars are not in Series 8 but will be in the next release.

Hope this info. helps but it would be nice to just be able to go to the Shelby Store and get them early and all at once as well as support the site.

I am also having a difficult time finding 1:64 releases. It is frustrating because i enjoy this line very much. I haven't seen the last two releases mentioned at all in my local TRU. I've seen release 7 on Ebay for ridiculous prices. Apparantly someone knows these are difficult for some people to find. I won't pay those prices. It would be great if an online dealer had all releases on a regular basis for a fair price.

Thank you Harristotle for starting this thread.... and thanks to amy for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Skip

I am also having a difficult time finding 1:64 releases. It is frustrating because i enjoy this line very much. I haven't seen the last two releases mentioned at all in my local TRU. I've seen release 7 on Ebay for ridiculous prices. Apparantly someone knows these are difficult for some people to find. I won't pay those prices. It would be great if an online dealer had all releases on a regular basis for a fair price.

Thank you Harristotle for starting this thread.... and thanks to amy for taking the time to respond.

Regards,

Skip

Check Diecastalley.com, they now have series 7 and 8 at prices better than Toys r Us. I was wrong in my last post, the Prudhomme car is in series 8.

doctor

Check Diecastalley.com, they now have series 7 and 8 at prices better than Toys r Us. I was wrong in my last post, the Prudhomme car is in series 8.

doctor

Thank you for giving me the heads up on that. I knew that DA had the whole set for 7, but didn't want the whole set. I shot them an email asking if they would be selling them as individuals, I got a very fast response from them saying they would be. They were on the site for sale within a couple of hours and I was able to snag up all the cars in the quantity I wanted except only 1 of the Blue KR's. So again thank you for your help, and thanks to Diecast Alley!

Thank you for giving me the heads up on that. I knew that DA had the whole set for 7, but didn't want the whole set. I shot them an email asking if they would be selling them as individuals, I got a very fast response from them saying they would be. They were on the site for sale within a couple of hours and I was able to snag up all the cars in the quantity I wanted except only 1 of the Blue KR's. So again thank you for your help, and thanks to Diecast Alley!

1:64 is hard to sell thru online because of stock, smallness of item, etc, The store does sell almost all of the 1:18th and now a few 1:24h, I will see what we can do, maybe only in sets

1:64 is hard to sell thru online because of stock, smallness of item, etc, The store does sell almost all of the 1:18th and now a few 1:24h, I will see what we can do, maybe only in sets

Amy, thank you very much for getting back to us on this subject. Even complete sets of them would be an improvement over not hardly carrying them at all.

in my opinion, it would be nice that the Shelby store offered every kind of 1:18th, like the CS6, NFS Terlingua, 40th Vert is not listed on the shelby stores websites. I have to go to to other websites to find them or Ebay.

+ 1

Hope also that the 2010 GT500 1:18th will be on sale in the shelby store too one day.

Heck offer us CASES, i will buy cases, as i always need 2 of each anyway (one to open and one to keep in package) if not more ( for dioramas, displays and kustoms). Cases at close to or below retail prices would be awsome. As i stated before i would pay a yearly membership for that privilage, the time looking and $ saved on gas looking would well be worth a reasonable Shelby Diecast Collectors club FEE!!!

I have 3 stores that carry these cars

1. Menards once a year at Christmas - 2 stores 45 miles away & 110 miles away

2. Toys R US get cases at certain times - 1 Store 110 miles away

So buying by the case wouldnt be a problem at all!!

• 2 months later...

Archived