TEAM SHELBY FORUM

? for GT500 owners and buyers

LSR

Question for GT500 owners and buyers.

Would you have bought the car if it looked like this (pictured below)?

The picture/design was one of many sent to Ford for hopes of building the car to simular looks in 2004.

Does the picture look more nostalgic or better than the current GT500 to you?

post-3039-1167497289_thumb.jpg

post-3039-1167497289_thumb.jpg

I myself loved everything about the car in the picture. I feel it would have made a perfect representation of a real modern day Shelby GT500 and has a more realistic look of the past GT500's.

Just look at the rear lights, side scoops, c-pillar scoops, hood, fuel door, etc...

Who ever designed the car in the picture was dead-on with the look.

post-6920-1167499605_thumb.jpg

No on the front, yes on the back. The Gas Door is very cool.

Yes I would have bought it but I like the final design better. I would have liked to seen the extra large driving lights as from the original incorporated somehow, and maybe something more with the taillights.

I'm still good with the production version :hyper:

over all not bad. I like the stance of the car and the look is more like the old but it also has some scoopes etc that help and if they are functional that's great. If not then I would have said dump them. The biggest thing I think the production version needs is some functional scoopes for the rear brakes...& some type of ram air hood ideally :)

I like the tail lights but not the reverse lights & I really don't care for the exhause close together and centered like that.

I like the front but would choose the current fron end in favor of this one. I think the hood is a bit too rounded on this one too but I like the style of the hood. I would have bought it if it looked like this and had 500 HP though. I think it would not look as good in a vert as the current version does.

That car is awsome. Its definately got the look right. :happy feet: The real GT500 is much cleaner and modern but I do like this show car. I like the front clip of the current better though but this one has the tail perfect. Too bad Shelby doesnt off this look for the 40th aniv. package, I would probably be all over it. I hope Amy reads this :hyper:

KC666

Folks, knowing how Ford works, this is probably the 08 or 09 model...

Question for GT500 owners and buyers.

Would you have bought the car if it looked like this (pictured below)?

The picture/design was one of many sent to Ford for hopes of building the car to simular looks in 2004.

Does the picture look more nostalgic or better than the current GT500 to you?

Folks, knowing how Ford works this is probably the 08 or 09 model...

Folks, knowing how Ford works, this is probably the 08 or 09 model...

I agree. At least several of the styling cues will probably come over. If Ford stays the course and continues to mimic the release of the styling cues on the 07 and 08 as they did back in 67 and 68, then odds are the spread out S H E L B Y logo, taillights and perhaps even the exhaust tip location will come out on the 2008's like they did back in 68 (although I believe that the centered exhaust tips came out in 69 not 68).

I also know that there was much begging and cajoling from many of us here as well as others that Ford install the tail light "bars", that I can't imagine that they won't make the 08 model. But I guess we'll find that out in about six to nine months from now.

Archived