TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Moving to Georgia

markhudd

Well, the time has come to PCS (Permanent Change of Station) from Ft. Leavenworth, KS to Ft. Stewart, GA. I had 3 tours at Ft. Benning during my career but this is my first to the eastern part of Georgia. We plan to depart on December 11 and roll into the Hinesville area on the 12th. Depending on the weather since I will be driving my Shelby. I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Bosky (KCMO-GT500) for taking me under his wing after I purchased my Shelby and showing me the ropes, tricks, and all the modding possibilities. :spend: And John, you were right, the wife did get pissed after she saw all the take off parts in the garage, and I quote, "IT'S BRAND NEW, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO IT!!!!", to which I reply, "John said I should do it". :unsure: And Grant (GP500) was with us too. Hey Grant, may the mod bug bite you all over your body. :P Man, SHELBYFEST was a BLAST!!!!

I hope to meet other Shelby/Ford fanatics in Georgia. See y'all soon.

Well, the time has come to PCS (Permanent Change of Station) from Ft. Leavenworth, KS to Ft. Stewart, GA. I had 3 tours at Ft. Benning during my career but this is my first to the eastern part of Georgia. We plan to depart on December 11 and roll into the Hineville area on the 12th. Depending on the weather since I will be driving my Shelby. I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Bosky (KSMO-GT500) for taking me under his wing after I purchased my Shelby and showing me the ropes, tricks, and all the modding possibilities. :spend: And John, you were right, the wife did get pissed after she saw all the take off parts in the garage, and I quote, "IT'S BRAND NEW, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO IT!!!!", to which I reply, "John said I should do it". :unsure: And Grant (GP500) was with us too. Hey Grant, may the mod bug bite you all over your body. :P Man, SHELBYFEST was a BLAST!!!!

Hinesville (with an "s") is about 3 hours from me. But damn glad to have you back in the state. :happy feet:

Well, the time has come to PCS (Permanent Change of Station) from Ft. Leavenworth, KS to Ft. Stewart, GA. I had 3 tours at Ft. Benning during my career but this is my first to the eastern part of Georgia. We plan to depart on December 11 and roll into the Hineville area on the 12th. Depending on the weather since I will be driving my Shelby. I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Bosky (KSMO-GT500) for taking me under his wing after I purchased my Shelby and showing me the ropes, tricks, and all the modding possibilities. :spend: And John, you were right, the wife did get pissed after she saw all the take off parts in the garage, and I quote, "IT'S BRAND NEW, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO IT!!!!", to which I reply, "John said I should do it". :unsure: And Grant (GP500) was with us too. Hey Grant, may the mod bug bite you all over your body. :P Man, SHELBYFEST was a BLAST!!!!

CONGRATS MARK,

I HOPE THIS MOVE IS FOR THE BETTER FOR YOU , FAMILY AND THAT MY CARS BROTHER

ENJOYS THE RIDE TO GEORGIA. :hysterical:

BE SAFE AND THANKS FOR HELPING KEEP OUR FREEDOM'S , COUNTRY SAFE.

SCOTTY :salute:

I think the message here is do not bring the take off parts home? ;)

Jim

+ 1000 % :hysterical: MY PARTS GO STRAIGHT INTO THE PARTS SHED AND

MY WIFE IS SPARED THE TORMENT. BESIDES SHE ALREADY KNOWS ABOUT ALL

MY CARS AND THAT EVERYONE OF THEM IS MODDED TO SOME DEGREE. :happy feet:

SCOTTY

Hinesville (with an "s") is about 3 hours from me. But damn glad to have you back in the state. :happy feet:

My bad. My fingers outrun my brain. Thank you and I look forward to meeting you someday, lawdude.

CONGRATS MARK,

I HOPE THIS MOVE IS FOR THE BETTER FOR YOU , FAMILY AND THAT MY CARS BROTHER

ENJOYS THE RIDE TO GEORGIA. :hysterical:

BE SAFE AND THANKS FOR HELPING KEEP OUR FREEDOM'S , COUNTRY SAFE.

SCOTTY :salute:

Thanks Scotty. We never did get to meet up. Hopefully someday.

Mark

Well, the time has come to PCS (Permanent Change of Station) from Ft. Leavenworth, KS to Ft. Stewart, GA. I had 3 tours at Ft. Benning during my career but this is my first to the eastern part of Georgia. We plan to depart on December 11 and roll into the Hinesville area on the 12th. Depending on the weather since I will be driving my Shelby. I would like to take this opportunity to thank John Bosky (KSMO-GT500) for taking me under his wing after I purchased my Shelby and showing me the ropes, tricks, and all the modding possibilities. :spend: And John, you were right, the wife did get pissed after she saw all the take off parts in the garage, and I quote, "IT'S BRAND NEW, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO DO ANYTHING TO IT!!!!", to which I reply, "John said I should do it". :unsure: And Grant (GP500) was with us too. Hey Grant, may the mod bug bite you all over your body. :P Man, SHELBYFEST was a BLAST!!!!

Mark,

my son and his fiance will be reporting to Ft. Stewart too. She reports next month and my son won't report until March or April. He is finishing up training at Knox. They just bought a house in Richmond Hill and they have already told me and wife to be there week of Christmas to help them do some flooring. Hopefully we can meet up sometime. Craig

Mark,

There's a group of us (7 or so) Shelby owner's in the Valdosta/Moody AFB area, about 3 hrs west of Savannah. SGMP has a really nice 1/4 mile track about 10 miles north of us. STEEDA moved it's Hqs from South FL up to Valdosta...

I know there is an active Mustang Club in the Savannah area, they just had a show back in Oct. There is a big show at Silver Springs FL in the spring, but more importantly is the HORSEPOWER on the HORSEFARM in Oveida, FL (just north of Orlando).

On your way through you should swing by Perry, GA and see Michael Morris at Wayne Morris Ford (I-75 Exit 136).

Good luck on the move... I know how it goes with the PCS, will be leaving Moody in the near future myself.

Keith

Mark,

Hopefully we can meet up sometime. Craig

Hey Craig,

That is a definite. We already bought a new home in Hinesville. We were concentrating on Richmond Hill and Midway during our search, but found a new sub-division in Hinesville that is only 5-10 minutes from the main gate. I will PM you my cell # so that you can give me a call when you get in. I look forward to meeting you. Take care.

Mark

Mark,

There's a group of us (7 or so) Shelby owner's in the Valdosta/Moody AFB area, about 3 hrs west of Savannah. SGMP has a really nice 1/4 mile track about 10 miles north of us. STEEDA moved it's Hqs from South FL up to Valdosta...

I know there is an active Mustang Club in the Savannah area, they just had a show back in Oct. There is a big show at Silver Springs FL in the spring, but more importantly is the HORSEPOWER on the HORSEFARM in Oveida, FL (just north of Orlando).

On your way through you should swing by Perry, GA and see Michael Morris at Wayne Morris Ford (I-75 Exit 136).

Good luck on the move... I know how it goes with the PCS, will be leaving Moody in the near future myself.

Keith

Hey Keith, were you at Shelbyfest? As for Oviedo, I know where it is as I lived in DeLand, FL for 3 years. I would love to attend the Horsepower event. Maybe we can organize a convoy for the next show. I'm really looking forward to being back in Georgia again. If I swing by Perry, Michael Morris will be fitting me for a new 2010-2011 Shelby of some configuration. I've heard nothing but good things about MM.

Mark

Hey Craig,

That is a definite. We already bought a new home in Hinesville. We were concentrating on Richmond Hill and Midway during our search, but found a new sub-division in Hinesville that is only 5-10 minutes from the main gate. I will PM you my cell # so that you can give me a call when you get in. I look forward to meeting you. Take care.

Mark

Mark,

got your PM. I will be in Richmond Hill around Dec. 21st. I'll give you a call to see if you are in town and we can maybe grab some lunch or dinner. Have a safe trip/move down and let me know if I can help. Craig

Archived