TEAM SHELBY FORUM

California Special - New Photos

robertlane

Three words... BODY COLOR MOLDINGS!!! Come on, I've seen "real" ('68) GT/CS's - this looks like something that a 16 year old would do to his 94 Honda Civic :nonono: .

I can see the kid now: Pick out some cool moldings out of a aftermarket catalog, use double sided tape and stick it on the car - sorry, no extra $$ to have the parts painted to the body color!

I think I hear baby chickens... listen for them... cheap, cheap, cheap!! :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

I like black on blue- a lot...my 69's acapulco w/slats/wing, your 04 is cool- love the shaker/hood layout, and soon my 06 is gonna be gettin some black too...just got black rockers, gonna black out the lower trim line on rear bumper, black chin up front, ordered a cougar eliminator scoop tonight(wanted shaker, but then no way ever to put a roots blower in there) will likely semigloss the scoop and a large percentage of the hood, seriously thinking about a thin stripe- possibly reflective(found 3m p/n for black reflective vinyl- if price not too bad, might go for it), etc...

the C/S pkg to me just looks awkward- hood scoops kinda bulbous, body color rockers contrast with black lower valence in rear, then the 'missing teeth' looking valence in front, sidescoops just dont seem to fit the car to me...rear wing a bit too sculpted...I dunno, but the pics of the white car just really turned me off- even if it was black on blue, I think the parts would look mismatched. pics of the yellow car looked a little bit better, but still awkward to me. perhaps in real life theyll look ok, sometimes pics just dont capture it, but from what Ive seen so far- no thanks.

The white GT/CS is just a mule. Is was bascially used to fit parts of the car for prototype purposes. The GT/CS' out there now are pretty good looking.

A friend of mine took the shaker off of my 1969 to restore it. He brought it back chromed! I wanted to freakin kill him.

Archived