TEAM SHELBY FORUM

new member 3184 the whole story

slbgtsc

So in October of 2007 I go to visit my uncle who took delivery earlier in the spring of a White SGT and I was hooked. We went to the Mustang Rally in Steamboat that June and the desire only grew. It is a family tradition and in June of 2007 it was more important to go since my dad had passed away in December of 2006. He love mustangs and all things Ford, in the months preceeding his unexpected passing he was looking for an 2004 Cobra to purchase. My grandfather ran a Ford parts dept in Texas for 20 years, then a motorcraft store and his younger brother still owns a Ford Dealership in Texas to this day. My first hotrod ride was my uncles 69 coupe. I had the Mustang bug something terrible. I had a deal worked out for a supercharged 05 from SLC but it went south (good thing). The next day I found #3184 on autotrader for $32k brand new with 225 miles on it. I called they still had it so my mind was made up. Now my wife was not to keen on the idea of me trading my Nissan Pathfinder in on a Mustang since we have 2 young boys and I had just made a rather large career change and started my own business just 9 month prior ( not the first or last time I didn't listen). The car had originally gone to a dealer in Wray Colorado back in 03/07 but did not sell so the dealer ran it through the dealer auction and it ended up in Longmont. So on a cool December morning I got up early drove to Longmont traded the SUV and drove home in my shiny black SGT! Met the wife and kids for dinner and parked on other side of my wifes SUV. When we came out she said where is it? I clicked the fob unlocking the doors and illuminating the lights. My oldest son imediately shouted "dad it's a Shelby!" (I am so proud!) Both boys yelled we are riding with dad while fighting over who rides shotgun! (oh yeah dad rocks!) She has since warmed to the car but I did spend a few nights on the couch after sending her off to get supercharged,(oops forgot to tell her about that too). Love the car and love the looks it gets. Not many insurance guys take their cars to the track and run on friday nights with the kids but I do and I love it. My kids, nephews and nieces now know what a donut is and regularly ask for a ride which leads to a burn out. My mom never understood the Mustang thing until we went on a road trip. Now she understands. PC220029.jpg

PC220028.jpg

PC220027.jpg

P3110012.jpg

Congratulations and welcome to the fellowship!

Take a look at the Colorado Shelby Breakfast Club - we have summertime gatherings once a month. I believe there is going to be a Christmas dinner gathering but haven't heard the details. It's supposed to be Saturday (5-Dec) but I won't be able to make it since I'd already booked the gathering at the Shelby American Collection.

http://www.colorado-robotics.com/csbc/index.php

AWESOME STORY AND RIDE SLB !!! :happy feet: YOU WILL REALLY

LOVE IT ONCE YOU GET IT BACK WITH THE S/C ON TOP.

WHAT S/C AND MODS DID YOU GO WITH AND WHO'S DOING

THE WRENCH TURNING. SAI ?

CONGRATS ANYWAY AND ENJOY IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT. :shift:

SCOTTY

Actually the GT500 spoiler was on it when I bought it. Not sure where it was installed SAI said it did not happen there, dealer said it came to them that way?

The plenum cover I got off of ebay an installed it. It fit pretty good, had a little rubbing on the strut brace.

All has been replaced now with a supercharger.

Great story and congratulations!!!

did you add the GT500 spoiler and the plenum cover, and did the cover fit properly?

Laurence

Welcome to Team Shelby. Obviously we don't have to warn you about the Mod itch you get with these cars. You have already set the bar pretty high.

Have to say I was hoping to see the White fastest model based on yo starting out mentioning having fell for a White one. Can understand going the the SC to get it to hang with the White ones.

Not sure you have read enough of the threads yet to see the saga of fastest color. Enjoy the car!!!!

DrKSGT

Archived