TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whipple SC OR Ford Racing SC

Can anyone let me know if the Whipple SC from the company Whipple is the same SC as the Ford Racing SC. Intercooled package. They booth look alike and give pretty much the same numbers. Reason for my asking is that my local dealer here can sell me the Ford Racing polished SC intercooled for $6,500 verses the $7239 I see in the ads and in the shelby catalog. I think the Ford number for thier 550 intercolled sc is M-????-M117P for the 2007 model.

Also if I have the dealer install the cost is $800.00. My wife purchased a new Edge a month or two back and as part of the deal I insited they cut me a fair deal on one of the Ford S/C installs. I think the price is fair but not sure if it is that great a deal as do not know the cost from Quataum or SAI for this install.

Anoter questions:

(1) any of you installed the SAI gauge pod with shelby guages? If so what was the hardest part and what all extra components did you have to buy to make the installtion complete?

(2) In reference to the POD where did you pik-off for your boost, iol and fuel.

Anyone install a shift light yet that will fit without looking like a big tach setting in the car?

Thanks to all for your time and input!

-Billy

They are both the same superchargers. I bought mine from a ford Motorsport dealer.

+1. They are the exact same supercharger. Only difference is you have to send your CPU to Whipple to be calibrated and with the FRPP kit, FRPP will send you a tuner to calibrate it yourself. For a 550hp kit, $800 sounds fair to me for install.

Have you looked into the Raptor shift lights?? Especially the Raptor Warning light set-up that is only 1.5 in. long, as it would make it easy to do something stealthly like along the lower inside lip of your speedo cluster? I saw one mounted that way on another forum and it looked slick and was out of the way!

Raptor Shift Light

Have you looked into the Raptor shift lights?? Especially the Raptor Warning light set-up that is only 1.5 in. long, as it would make it easy to do something stealthly like along the lower inside lip of your speedo cluster? I saw one mounted that way on another forum and it looked slick and was out of the way!

Raptor Shift Light

Thanks for the reminder on the shift light. The Raptor is pretty slick. Dumb question but how useful are they in real life? I know a shift light comes standard on the GT500 but I rarely see anyone post about it.

Jim

Thanks for the reminder on the shift light. The Raptor is pretty slick. Dumb question but how useful are they in real life? I know a shift light comes standard on the GT500 but I rarely see anyone post about it.

Jim

Great for the track days Jim :)

Can anyone let me know if the Whipple SC from the company Whipple is the same SC as the Ford Racing SC. Intercooled package. They booth look alike and give pretty much the same numbers. Reason for my asking is that my local dealer here can sell me the Ford Racing polished SC intercooled for $6,500 verses the $7239 I see in the ads and in the shelby catalog. I think the Ford number for thier 550 intercolled sc is M-????-M117P for the 2007 model.

Also if I have the dealer install the cost is $800.00. My wife purchased a new Edge a month or two back and as part of the deal I insited they cut me a fair deal on one of the Ford S/C installs. I think the price is fair but not sure if it is that great a deal as do not know the cost from Quataum or SAI for this install.

Anoter questions:

(1) any of you installed the SAI gauge pod with shelby guages? If so what was the hardest part and what all extra components did you have to buy to make the installtion complete?

Anyone install a shift light yet that will fit without looking like a big tach setting in the car?

-Billy

I went with the FRPP version and as you can see it has the Whipple name right there on it next to the Ford name and I love it !

web.jpg

Good luck deciding which way to go

Andrew

Given the Ford and whipple are the same then it makes since to have the local dealer here do the work. At least that way I get the warranty with it according to the service manager at the dealership.

I would like to install the shelby gauge pack and most likely do that myself. Anyone that has done this your input would be much appreciated.

I also looked at the raptor light and lights. Man this is the way to go. I'll go ahead and get that on the way and install prior to sc install. I really could have used that at hallet this past summer as I was very consitant in hittting the rev limiter.

I also will add the chrome valve covers. Anyone seen a cheaper price then $250?

Thanks for the input and raptor link.

-Billy

my local dealer here can sell me the Ford Racing polished SC intercooled for $6,500

I think the Ford number for thier 550 intercolled sc is M-????-M117P for the 2007 model.

Also if I have the dealer install the cost is $800.00.

-Billy

Billy,

I want to shop at your local Ford dealer too.

The polished Ford Racing intercooled SC direct from Ford Racing is $7239 :

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9889

Your dealer quote of $800 is a great price, too.

Good luck with your upgrades.

Lg

Billy,

I want to shop at your local Ford dealer too.

The polished Ford Racing intercooled SC direct from Ford Racing is $7239 :

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9889

Your dealer quote of $800 is a great price, too.

Good luck with your upgrades.

Lg

From what I am hearing from you guys sounds like I need to go with the local dealer and get this done. They quoted 6500 on the polioshed and intercooled. I made a mistake on the $800 for install. It is $880.00 (eighty more) sorry about that. I still would like to install the guages myself and like the shelby pack but concerned about the type of install and fit and finish. I need to see one of these installations and at the same time need to purchase by monday evening if I am going to in order to get the 30% off. I guess I'll make a decision on ther gauges by end of day Monday.

The dealership is in Wichita Kansas, long way from no where pretty much but a pretty good place to raise kids. The name of the dealership is Rusty Eck Ford. Good group of guys. The salesmanager has several mustang hit rods etc. They sell alot of shelby and roush cars.

Thanks for the comments and input.

-Billy

• 1 month later...

I have a 2007 Shelby GT & have contacted my local Ford Dealer they recommend a Rosch SC with an installation cost about the same as you were given. I'm looking for about 100HP increase does anyone know what a HP gain with a tune?

Anoter questions:

-Billy

I think the Roush is a good s/c. The dealer I talked to had a sale going on with thr Roush. I forget the exact Roush they were talking about by they mentioned around 135 hp and 80 ft lbs of torque. I may be littler off on those numbers but close.

I like the Roush but did not think I wanted a roush on a shelby. I really wanted the shelby serialized paxton at 1st and I have been all over the road in making a decison as to what s/c to use. I will be buying the new s/c on Friday the 15th. That is that day for me to pull the trigger and order one. At this time I am leaning on the whipple for many different reasons.

I think the roush would be a good choice if you do not mind having the Roush name on the car.

-Billy

Anoter questions:

Here's my old SPP gauge pod install thread that might be of help to you: http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/40344-shelby-center-gauge-cluster/

Good luck

Ken

$880 for the install isn't bad, I had a company in PA install my Edelbrock Supercharger to get the warranty that came with it. (You only get the warranty if an authorized shop does the install) And with 3 dyno runs and gauges installed it came to $700-750.

I hope that helps!

Jim

Jim

Not a dumb question at all ,for me it was absolutely useless and I'm not a fan on the placement of the tachs on our cars either.I removed it when I installed my wideband,way to much going on when your into it to be looking around your dash for small lights and trying to see your tach around your hand. I have been seriously thinking about a center dash mounted tach.

Picture012.jpg

Not a dumb question at all ,for me it was absolutely useless and I'm not a fan on the placement of the tachs on our cars either.I removed it when I installed my wideband,way to much going on when your into it to be looking around your dash for small lights and trying to see your tach around your hand. I have been seriously thinking about a center dash mounted tach.

Picture012.jpg

When you have your S/C on your car we want PICS!

Un written law.

Archived