TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HID headlight swap

2nd2none

My car did not come with HIDs although I would love to have them. Was wondering if anyone has seen/heard of anyone actually being able to order the HID lights from Ford and having them swapped out yet.

just go to any mod shop and get a HID kit. There plug and play and shouldnt cost more than hundred bucks or so..... no need to be splicing wires or anything

My car did not come with HIDs although I would love to have them. Was wondering if anyone has seen/heard of anyone actually being able to order the HID lights from Ford and having them swapped out yet.

I've been wondering about swapping the other way around...changing from HID's to conventional.

I like the *look* of sealed beams better than HID's. More of a old school "traditional" look to me.

I may wait for a few 2010's to wreck and see if I can pick up a couple of HL assy's from a wrecking yard. As far as I know, they don't have to be GT500s, just Mustangs.

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

I've been wondering about swapping the other way around...changing from HID's to conventional.

I like the *look* of sealed beams better than HID's. More of a old school "traditional" look to me.

I may wait for a few 2010's to wreck and see if I can pick up a couple of HL assy's from a wrecking yard. As far as I know, they don't have to be GT500s, just Mustangs.

Phill Pollard

I would never even think of going back to conventional headlights after driving with HID's. They are so far superior in lighting the road in front of you... Just IMHO.

Try checking these sites:

www.hidguy.net

http://www.venomousstangz.net/

Oh, thats my Kona Blue on the site with the HID FOG's installed...

Good Luck

I find it very strange they even sell these kits here, they are illegal to use. An HID bulb will NOT work correctly in a conventional reflector. You get more light where you don't need/want it and less where you do need it. The oncoming drivers are often the ones that have to suffer from these "kits". :rolleyes:

I would never even think of going back to conventional headlights after driving with HID's. They are so far superior in lighting the road in front of you... Just IMHO.

The reason I wanted HID's in the first place was because of their "superior" lighting. I'm 54 years old and as we age your eyesight doesn't just get blurry, but your nightvision goes to hell too. I plan on driving this car on my regular trips between CO and CA and many many times I find myself at night on dark country roads so I got the HID's.

What I found after buying the car is that my *night* driving is a very VERY small percentage of my total driving time. So should I have HID's 100% of the time for the 2% of night driving I do??? (??SHRUG??)

Oh, I'll most likely keep the HID's in place but I realy *really* like the way the conventional sealed beams look in the car. So should I go "form over function" or vice versa?

6 of 1, half-dozen of another (i.e. "decisions decisions decisions")!

Phill Pollard

Archived