TEAM SHELBY FORUM

40mm vs. 24mm offset razors AND big brakes

OK, so I know that the 40mm wont' fit any of the big brakes including the gt500's, BUT I'd really like to avoid the sticking out look if possible, so I'm really curious how much clearance is "extra" on the 24mm version....

Anyone with 24mm's and gt500 brakes (or the baer pro-plus kit) that can tell me at least roughly how many mm's clearance there is at whatever point the spoke is closest to the calipers?

I'm trying to determine if it would be practical to use 1/4" or 3/8" spacers to gain the clearance w/ the 40mm offset rims and still fit big brakes... kinda split the difference on how far they stick out maybe...

and before anyone gets offended that i don't want the 24mm style, it's mostly because i drive the car daily except for in the snow, and would prefer not to have all the shit throw all over the sides from the tires and every little bit helps!

I have the 40mm 18" Razors, and previously had a set of 24mm 18" Razors. I have a friend with a GT500 so we took the 24mm and the 40mm and tried them both. The 40mm seemed to fit better and may only need a 1/4" spacer to get them around the GT500 brakes. I have a set of 500 brakes that I will be putting on after the holidays.

todd

OK, so I know that the 40mm wont' fit any of the big brakes including the gt500's, BUT I'd really like to avoid the sticking out look if possible, so I'm really curious how much clearance is "extra" on the 24mm version....

Anyone with 24mm's and gt500 brakes (or the baer pro-plus kit) that can tell me at least roughly how many mm's clearance there is at whatever point the spoke is closest to the calipers?

I'm trying to determine if it would be practical to use 1/4" or 3/8" spacers to gain the clearance w/ the 40mm offset rims and still fit big brakes... kinda split the difference on how far they stick out maybe...

I'm waiting till after the holidays to pull the trigger on some rims finally, so definitely let me know how big of a spacer you end up using to clear the gt500's brakes!

And thanks for the bigger pic too Todd, the car looks sweet!

Archived