TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded my 07 SGT

07SHBYGT

I traded my 07 Shelby Gt for a 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones. It was hard to let my Shelby go, but I have looked for 2 years for a used mint PJ. The dealer in Cary, NC did not want my SGT with the 20" Razor wheels with Nitto tires, Shelby fluid caps and Shelby aluminum strut tower brace. I have all these items for sale. The Shelby silver Razor wheels with 6" back spacing I know are very hard to find, these are mint with less than 400 miles on them. You can check them out on Ebay. It has been great being a part of the Team Shelby family.

Bob

post-9874-1258813147_thumb.jpg

post-9874-1258813147_thumb.jpg

I traded my 07 Shelby Gt for a 2007 Saleen Parnelli Jones. It was hard to let my Shelby go, but I have looked for 2 years for a used mint PJ. The dealer in Cary, NC did not want my SGT with the 20" Razor wheels with Nitto tires, Shelby fluid caps and Shelby aluminum strut tower brace. I have all these items for sale. The Shelby silver Razor wheels with 6" back spacing I know are very hard to find, these are mint with less than 400 miles on them. You can check them out on Ebay. It has been great being a part of the Team Shelby family.

Bob

whats the ebay screen name that these items are listed with

Bob

What number is the PJ? That might be the one my friend traded in for his GT500. I'm assuming that it was at CrossRoads Ford in Cary.

Cool car!!!

how do you like it compared to the SGT and do these cars come with a 5.0?

Laurence

Yes it has the 5.0 and it is quick for 400 hp. The Shelby has a stiffer ride and flatter than the PJ, but the Saleen is very contolled in the turns with a bit smoother ride.

Yes it has the 5.0 and it is quick for 400 hp. The Shelby has a stiffer ride and flatter than the PJ, but the Saleen is very contolled in the turns with a bit smoother ride.

It is a 4.6 with a longer stroke . The PJ is a super car with all the beefed up engine work . Saleen put alot into this car besides PAINTED on stripes . Hope you enjoy a well engineered car .

Bob : The PJ mustang has one weak spot it's the Watts rear end . A bolt failure can result in loss of control . You need to go to the Saleen forum and check out the fix for this problem . Like i said Saleen spent alot of work making this perform on the track . Remember these things had a 60k MSRP when they came out . When you take the engine out of the car and throw away the pistons , rods and crank and replace them with heavy duty hardware that cost $ . Enjoy your ride ! PS i have a PJ banner from Shelby mint condition and i will sell it for $20 plus shipping if interested PM me . Mike

Love those PJ's, awesome car.

Do you mind telling what your SGT was equipped with and how much you got on trade?

Sweet ride.

My Shelby had the upgrade interior and active anti-theft. It was black with rare light graphite interior, with 1,575 miles on the odometer. I bought the PJ for $39,800 and traded for $14,000. difference. No bad consdering the PJ stickered for $61,865 new. I paid $39,900 for my Shelby new. The Saleen only had 2,351 miles on it and was from Torrance, Califonia.

Bob : The PJ mustang has one weak spot it's the Watts rear end . A bolt failure can result in loss of control . You need to go to the Saleen forum and check out the fix for this problem . Like i said Saleen spent alot of work making this perform on the track . Remember these things had a 60k MSRP when they came out . When you take the engine out of the car and throw away the pistons , rods and crank and replace them with heavy duty hardware that cost $ . Enjoy your ride ! PS i have a PJ banner from Shelby mint condition and i will sell it for $20 plus shipping if interested PM me . Mike

Mike,

I just purchased a PJ banner, do you have a photo of yours? Thank you for the heads up on the Watts Link bolt problem.

Bob

Bob,

I'm watching your wheels on Ebay, are you sure you can't ship to OH? I'd love the wheels and tires, but doubt I can make the time to drive to NY. Thanks and enjoy the Saleen!

Jim

Jim,

Where in Ohio do you live? I may be able to meet you half way or somewhere near the Ohio/PA border.

Bob

Did the wheels sell?

Thanks,

Jer

Bob

Bob,

Very nice indeed!

Reminds me of Boss 302 of olden days

Love the looks of the 20" Razor wheels with Nitto tires on your SGT

Enjoy

Lg

Congrats I love those. My buddy picked one up last year with 1200 miles on it and it had Steve and Parnelli's signature on the air bag cover. paid $40k for it.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Bob

Hey Bob since your from NY have you ever been to marlboro,ny there's a car dealer there that had a couple of new PJ's on his lot along with other modified stangs. He also has other muscle cars and hard to find cars, I havent been there in long time cause its so hard to walk out without wanting to buy another car. He's a really nice guy and any car on his lot is pristine and makes sure it stays that way. I cant remember his name or the business name if anyone wants it let me know he's close to me. But he's a good resource for wanted cars. I almost traded my 1month old shelby for the PJ but that would have sealed my fate from the wife since I just traded in my new 3month old truck for the shelby.

Enjoy

Anthony

Archived