TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MMR forged 5.0 stroker build

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

do you have before and after numbers from just adding that intake/tb setup?

started with 579rwhp 23 degrees of timing, dangerous

new inlet best pull was 662rwhp 20 degrees of timming

backed it down to 631rwhp 17 degrees of timing, drivability is great so far

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the delay fellas, but I've been buried with school, work, and family. I'm back in school for the first time in a long time, so I can pick up a mechanical engineering degree. I backed out of the dyno deal at the last minute, after hearing some horror stories about the tuner. I was also fighting some fuel system codes that week.

I'm trailering up to Grabber's this weekend. When I get back, I'm getting Jon Lund on the phone to set up a remote tuning session. I'm tired of screwing around with the locals. The heat-ex is installed and seems to be working great. The intake is much cooler to the touch than it was before, but I don't have any real data yet. Hopefully soon enough.

I made a pretty drastic exterior mod, while I was away. I'll get pics up after I get a chance to wash the car. I've been busy assaulting bugs with her as often as possible lately. You should see the looks on the faces of these kids at the college I'm enrolled in when I pull up making a racket in this thing! :lol:

Here are a couple of install shots. I still have to wire up the fans and relays.

So the C&R is certainly bigger than the stock unit, by not by a huge margin. It's definitely about as wide as it can be and still be able to fit behind the bumper. It could have been a bit taller I'm sure, but maybe they didn't want to block that much of the condenser and radiator coils? I do know that I'm awfully impressed by the craftsmanship of this new heat-ex. The welds are immaculate, the finish is beautiful, and all of the materials appear to be top notch stuff.

There are two selling points of this heat-ex over stock - 1) it's got 2 big SPAL fans mounted on it obviously, to help draw a large amount of air across the fins and, 2) it's a dual pass design, as opposed to the single pass stoc

I'm just about to pull the trigger on this and I know I need to ditch the KB pump and was wondering if the 03/04 lightning pump will get it done. Lethal sells a 55gpm Cobra jet pump for $500 but that seems like it would be a good way to move a lot of hot water fast and way overkill.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-cooling-heat-exchangers-c-2052_2055_2701/afco-07-10-gt500-dual-pass-heat-exchangerdual-10-fans-p-30474

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-cooling-intercooler-pump-upgrades-c-5711_5763_7974/lethal-performance-07-10-gt500-intercooler-pump-upgrade-kit-p-30545

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just about to pull the trigger on this and I know I need to ditch the KB pump and was wondering if the 03/04 lightning pump will get it done. Lethal sells a 55gpm Cobra jet pump for $500 but that seems like it would be a good way to move a lot of hot water fast and way overkill.

http://www.lethalper...10-fans-p-30474

http://www.lethalper...ade-kit-p-30545

Super duper overkill IMO - let me know what you end up doing.

Sweet!

Thanks dude

Here's the new look

DSC01953.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!!! You've just RUINED the collector value of that car!!! OMG!!!!! :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Looks badASS, Ken!! Have you kicked your brother's ass on the track, yet??!!!!

Kendall

Looking good Ken. Did you do a final dyno yet? check your email

Thanks man, I haven't made it to the dyno yet. Waiting on Jon.

I'll check my email in a few. How's your beast running? Are you going to stop tinkering with it for a bit so the rest of us can catch up or what?! slapfight.gifhysterical.gif

Damn Ken that looks bad A$! Super sweet.

Thanks dude! I'm loving the stealthy look so far.

It went back to the paint shop last week, however, so that the front bumper stripes could get sprayed on. The installer jacked the vinyl up pretty good, trying to make it stretch enough to cover the old silver paint underneath.

OMG!!!! OMG!!!!! OMG!!!!!! You've just RUINED the collector value of that car!!! OMG!!!!! :runaway::runaway::runaway:

Looks badASS, Ken!! Have you kicked your brother's ass on the track, yet??!!!!

Kendall

LMAO you're such a dink! You know pretty well how I feel about the guys that bubble wrap these things. ;)

My brother refuses to meet me on the track again. I've offered to handicap myself and/or my car, but his excuses continue to compound!

How's your build coming along buddy??

Looks Great, love the matte black ! You thought about the Shelby black pin set up ?

What brakes are you using ?, I see some read in there.

(my Wilwood rear brake lines showed up yesterday, on back order for nearly a month, so hopefully will have the rears on by the end of the week)

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, yeah I've thought about the black pins. I also thought about getting a set powder coated to match my rims identically. Part of me kinda likes the bling up front though. They match the bolts in my scoop pretty well. As for brakes, I'm running GT500 Brembos up front, stock calipers in the rear. I painted the Brembos with a G2 kit. Turned out OK for a half drunk paint job! :lol:

How do you like the Wilwoods? I've got a buddy with an 07 SGT that's been running them for a couple years now. He had some serious problems with the rotors at the track. He cracked at least 2 sets (like full on split the rotors), but Wilwood has taken great care of him trying to resolve the issue. Last I heard was that they upgraded him to a newer, better rotor and those were hanging in there a lot better.

Thanks Andrew, yeah I've thought about the black pins. I also thought about getting a set powder coated to match my rims identically. Part of me kinda likes the bling up front though. They match the bolts in my scoop pretty well. As for brakes, I'm running GT500 Brembos up front, stock calipers in the rear. I painted the Brembos with a G2 kit. Turned out OK for a half drunk paint job! :lol:

How do you like the Wilwoods? I've got a buddy with an 07 SGT that's been running them for a couple years now. He had some serious problems with the rotors at the track. He cracked at least 2 sets (like full on split the rotors), but Wilwood has taken great care of him trying to resolve the issue. Last I heard was that they upgraded him to a newer, better rotor and those were hanging in there a lot better.

Have not yet put them threw the winding mountain roads, hopefully this weekend. I talked to Wilwood at SEMA in November and was impressed. Glad to know that they stood behind their product

I had debated the Brembos but my brother- in-law has them on his Mitsubishi EVO so I wanted to go in a different direction !

I like the idea of coating the pins to match the stripes .

Take Care

Andrew

Thanks man, I haven't made it to the dyno yet. Waiting on Jon.

I'll check my email in a few. How's your beast running? Are you going to stop tinkering with it for a bit so the rest of us can catch up or what?! slapfight.gifhysterical.gif

Thanks dude! I'm loving the stealthy look so far.

It went back to the paint shop last week, however, so that the front bumper stripes could get sprayed on. The installer jacked the vinyl up pretty good, trying to make it stretch enough to cover the old silver paint underneath.

LMAO you're such a dink! You know pretty well how I feel about the guys that bubble wrap these things. ;)

My brother refuses to meet me on the track again. I've offered to handicap myself and/or my car, but his excuses continue to compound!

How's your build coming along buddy??

oh yea, done for now. the Bullitt runs great

Archived