TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Lawyers here? May need advise on selling an Idea

At night, my mind will not shut down, I an constantly thinking of stuff. Because of my many Sleepless Nights, I have many Product Ideas and Business Ideas that I am sure will be huge money makers. My problem is that, I do not have the Money to invest in them or to Patent them. I have talked with a couple of very good Friends that I can trust about them and they tell me to Patent the Product ideas ASAP but that takes a lot of Money that I do not have. I have decided to sell off a few of the Product Ideas and Business Plans that I have. I have just sent off an Email to Bill Gates about a very cool Computer Accessory Idea. He may not reply and I do plan to contact others about it as well. I just need to know how to word a contract that is to be signed by the Person I tell the Idea to, that states they can not tell anyone about it or use it if they do not purchase it from me.

Thanks for any help.

At night, my mind will not shut down, I an constantly thinking of stuff. Because of my many Sleepless Nights, I have many Product Ideas and Business Ideas that I am sure will be huge money makers. My problem is that, I do not have the Money to invest in them or to Patent them. I have talked with a couple of very good Friends that I can trust about them and they tell me to Patent the Product ideas ASAP but that takes a lot of Money that I do not have. I have decided to sell off a few of the Product Ideas and Business Plans that I have. I have just sent off an Email to Bill Gates about a very cool Computer Accessory Idea. He may not reply and I do plan to contact others about it as well. I just need to know how to word a contract that is to be signed by the Person I tell the Idea to, that states they can not tell anyone about it or use it if they do not purchase it from me.

Thanks for any help.

I heard once that if you write down the idea and sent it to your self as certified mail and when you get the envelope you save it then that will be a proof of the date you thought of it and it helps you down the road...if that is from the law aspect is true then it will be the cheapest way to preserve your rights and does not get your idea exposed to another one until you have the money or resources to carry it through...lawyers on TS can chime in!

Thanks for any help.

THE TYPE OF DOCUMENT IS CALLED A NON DISCLOSURE NON COMPETE

AGREEMENT. THIS STOPS ANYONE YOU TALK TO ; PROVIDED THEY SIGN

IT 1ST BEFORE TELLING THEM ; FROM MAKING A SIMILAR PRODUCT OR

TELLING OTHERS ABOUT IT.

I AM NOT A LAWYER , BUT MY WIFE IS AND I DIDN'T STAY AT A HOLIDAY

INN EXPRESS. :hysterical:

SCOTTY

I have 4 patents. One of which was infringed on by a competitor. After a court battle and over $10,000.00 in legal fees the competitor changed one small detail and the courts allowed it. The Judge stated as I quote " I believe in the right to file patents but I also believe in free enterprise so I will allow them to compete ". I had to leave the court house in a hurry before I did something stupid.

So my point is: The patent is only as good as the depth of your pockets to defend it and the judge that reviews the case.

We keep a log book and when ideas are entered the page is dated and notarized. This will prove prier art if someone sues you for infrigement. The whole thing gets quite complicated. My opinion is the system is flawed and the only ones that make out are the lawyers

I have 4 patents. One of which was infringed on by a competitor. After a court battle and over $10,000.00 in legal fees the competitor changed one small detail and the courts allowed it. The Judge stated as I quote " I believe in the right to file patents but I also believe in free enterprise so I will allow them to compete ". I had to leave the court house in a hurry before I did something stupid.

So my point is: The patent is only as good as the depth of your pockets to defend it and the judge that reviews the case.

We keep a log book and when ideas are entered the page is dated and notarized. This will prove prier art if someone sues you for infrigement. The whole thing gets quite complicated. My opinion is the system is flawed and the only ones that make out are the lawyers

+1

And deep pockets!

Archived