TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rice with your meat

LuckySnake

No flame but how about photos of the car. Most of us drive something else to work than our Shelby's. Heck, our stable is the Shelby, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Explorer, Honda Odyssey and Mazda 3. You are in good company.

Jim

No flame but how about photos of the car. Most of us drive something else to work than our Shelby's. Heck, our stable is the Shelby, Jeep Wrangler, Ford Explorer, Honda Odyssey and Mazda 3. You are in good company.

Jim

Thanks Jim, I picked it up Monday night and it rained here until today, I'll take some pix tomorrow after I wash it. It sure is fun but it's good to know the big guns are safe in the garage until needed, ha, ha. I did try to take some pix in the evening and I'm not doing something right or it's because it's black the pix didn't come out, barely see the car. The six speed is awesome fun, completly different way of thinking on the gearing, probably because the engine loves the rpms.

Blayne

Thanks Jim, I picked it up Monday night and it rained here until today, I'll take some pix tomorrow after I wash it. It sure is fun but it's good to know the big guns are safe in the garage until needed, ha, ha. I did try to take some pix in the evening and I'm not doing something right or it's because it's black the pix didn't come out, barely see the car. The six speed is awesome fun, completly different way of thinking on the gearing, probably because the engine loves the rpms.

Blayne

post-5223-1258767982_thumb.jpg

Very nice, one of my friend's dream car actually. If I could DD something other than my work truck I would for sure be looking for something like a WRX STI, can't keep my hands off anything I drive, and boy, if you spend a little bit of money and you spend it right, those cars can be REAL quick

Your Civic looks great! We have a 2008 Civic EX as our DD (and sometimes the Expedition). They are great cars. We're considering replacing it in a year with a new VW GTI.

Isn't that a cute little engine! :hysterical: Just messin' with ya LuckySnake. I drove a Civic as my DD for years. Great car. Then my wife used it after I picked up an Explorer. After that she called it her Hondamedown.

2.0 liter with 197hp, the hp to weight ratio isn't as good as a Mustang GT but the hp to engine size is better. It's one revin little dude and very fun to drive. I had a Hondamedown from my Mom, it was an 84 Accord, good little car.

:finger:

Buy American! I don't know why anyone would want to spend money on a foreign vehicle. There's no excuse!! Ford has some really nice cars to choose from!!!

Your right, Ford does have some nice cars to choose from. I'm not defending my decision to buy a Honda but 65% of the car is made in North America and that means jobs here. We live in a global economy and need to compete globaly, that's why Ford sells in every country they can. Show me the Morony sticker on your current daily driver that shows how much of it is made in the US and lets compare, is that fair enough for you?

Your right, Ford does have some nice cars to choose from. I'm not defending my decision to buy a Honda but 65% of the car is made in North America and that means jobs here. We live in a global economy and need to compete globaly, that's why Ford sells in every country they can. Show me the Morony sticker on your current daily driver that shows how much of it is made in the US and lets compare, is that fair enough for you?

My daily driver is a Mustang. The money is going to an American company. Honda is a Japanese company. Its a no-brainer.

My daily driver is a Mustang. The money is going to an American company. Honda is a Japanese company. Its a no-brainer.

You are correct, some profits go to Japan just as some profits from Ford cars sold abroad go to the US, not to much difference. Happy Thanksgiving.

Archived