TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Beware of SponsoredWhips.

Maybe most of you people adhere to the term "If it's to good to be true" it probably isn't. Well.. Yes it's an old adage. I had to learn the hard way...

I belong to facebook, which maybe some of you do as well. One day 3 weeks ago, I saw this advertisement, from SPONSOREDWHIPS. COM.

Here is the link http://www.sponsoredwhips.com/. It cost nothing to join, they will help you find sponsorship in fitting your car with the equipment you want, and all you have to do is show the companies logos on your car. RIGHT.. What a damn fool I was to even believe that, (BUT MORONS BORN EVERY DAY).. I did. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

So I filled out there application on a Sunday morning at around 10am. At 1pm my time I get a call from this man (who I believe he said his name is Brian, will explain that further on down) And that he was from Sponsoredwhips, and wanted to know what his company can do for me in getting me what I wanted on my car, and again all I had to do was put there decals on my car... (no big deal.. it would be like a Sponsored cup car for sure at car shows). We talked about the items I was interested in, and that I could not afford all these things, but over time I could build the car the way I wanted. He asked me if I would be interested in having all these things done, free of charge, (should have listened to the old adage). He told me that what he would do is put a resume type deal together, and submit it to companies in the after market auto industry and see if they where interested in suppling me with free parts..

All of this went on very well for about 30 minutes, he asked me where I lived, and after about 5 minutes told me that he could have several shops lined up where I live to install all of these parts I was interested in. (hell he even named the shops where I live)...

All along this whole conversation there was never even talk about money... I was told that I would not have to spend a dime, and that he was soooooooooo interested in my car, as they didn't have a GT500 in there list of cars to show off, that he wanted to get my car done as soon as possible... (OLD ADAGE SHOULD HAVE KICKED ME IN THE ASS RIGHT THERE)....

So I told him I was interested... he told me that he would send me a list of the places in my home town, and to decide which place I wanted to have work on my car. BUTTTTTTTTTT... All I needed to do was send there company $199.00 so that they could file a form with there lawyer which basically stated that I was responsible for for the taxes on the free items.. Which yes like a dumb ass I decided to do.

Bottom line here is... SPONSOREDWHIPS.. now has my money, I have nothing. They never answer there phone, and when I email this moron, all he can do is respond and say call me... But even as I stated abovel, you can call this FU&^%$, and you will get a "VOICE MAIL BOX IS FULL"...

I could go on further and tell more of this tale of wo... But I'm too pissed off right now to do that... Today ended this companies bullshit answers...

All this is about is passing the word around. You all are free to post this to as many sites as you belong, I want people to be aware of this companies bogus bullshit. They take but never give.... And believe me, I am living proof of it.

Debit card.. like a fool... I don't use credit cards anymore.. (atleast I do one thing right... LOL)

That sucks. Unless you gave them your PIN you can probably protest the charge as fraud. Call your bank ASAP. If you gave them your PIN your screwed and better call the bank immediately.

Debit card.. like a fool... I don't use credit cards anymore.. (atleast I do one thing right... LOL)

Sorry to hear about the ripoff. Don't EVER use a Debit card. If you did your out of luck

Use ONLY CREDIT CARD and at least you can contest the charges and you got a fighting chance

Archived