TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Funky smell, wet carpet!

thewheelman

Monday, on my run to the dealer for service and back, I noticed a slightly stale odor coming from the vents when I turned the a/c on. Not that it ever occurred to me to mention it to the dealer--I just thought it was a little odd. Paid no attention to it Tuesday, it was chilly and rainy, no a/c required. But this morning....wow, smelled like Swamp Thing had camped out in the back seat! I couldn't find anything in the car (rotted food, dead fish, etc.) so when I got home this evening I pulled her in the garage and lowered the top to try to find the source of the smell. To my surprise the passenger carpet was soaking wet. Really funky stuff! I removed the floor mat and vacuumed it thoroughly with a wet/vac and put a fan in it over night.

Is there a tsb on the a/c condenser drain or did I dream that? I'm almost certain that's what it is rather than a body leak, because of the foul odor from the a/c....... What's the fix for the funky smell? I'd rather not take it to the local dealer, but I can't afford another 1/2 day in Nashville this week! :headscratch:

Thanks!

The problem comes from the drains in the cowl when it rains hard. It can drain fast enough and soaks the cabin air filter. It then gets mildew and smells bad. I have yet to hear of a real fix other than to not leave the car exposed during a heavy rain. Go get the in cabin filter rplaced and the smell will be gone.

Hmmmmm maybe that a way for the dealer to make a couple bucks... selling and installing filters.

When I read the thread title, my first thought was "Where's the cat?!" and "Where's my gun?!" :hysterical::hysterical:

Shortly after I moved into this neighborhood I found cat tracks on the hood and windshield of my truck almost every morning. With much protest from my wife, I ran a batch of post cards through my printer and mailed them to every home in the subdivision. The cards said "Please be aware that a cat in the neighborhood is climbing on my vehicle (and probably yours too) at night. If the owner of this pet wishes to continue to enjoy it's company, this behavior must cease. I hold no ill will against pets in general or any of my neighbors, but if I continue to find tracks on my vehicle, the pet will be removed from the neighborhood." And I cited a local ordinance that says pets must not be allowed to roam free. The cat tracks ceased the following week.

Archived