TEAM SHELBY FORUM

motor mount upgrade

Now that my engine is out, I'm curious if upgrading the motor mounts is something to consider. I haven't read anything about any stock mount failures, but wanted to ask around before the engine goes back in, just in case. There are a few options I've found including solid mounts and adjustable mounts of different varieties.

Any suggestion on any of these? Waste of dough or worthwhile investment?

Ken

555-4005_MED.jpg

Now that my engine is out, I'm curious if upgrading the motor mounts is something to consider. I haven't read anything about any stock mount failures, but wanted to ask around before the engine goes back in, just in case. There are a few options I've found including solid mounts and adjustable mounts of different varieties.

Any suggestion on any of these? Waste of dough or worthwhile investment?

Ken

555-4005_MED.jpg

hey ken. with all that hp go with the solid you will get more vibration from them. But no wasted torque on my old car it had a 455 Pontiac worked had to chain it to the chassis. made a big difference

good luck

Anthony

^

Well, I don't want to waste the dough on swapping them out if there's no advantage to it. I'm only asking because the engine is out and I want to take advantage of this small window of opportunity to get at pieces and parts that are normally inaccessible. Any other input on motor mounts?

Ken

^

Well, I don't want to waste the dough on swapping them out if there's no advantage to it. I'm only asking because the engine is out and I want to take advantage of this small window of opportunity to get at pieces and parts that are normally inaccessible. Any other input on motor mounts?

Ken

I went with these BMR's , can't really tell you the difference between them and stock cause they went in close to day one.

6-506.jpg

But would pretty much go with any of these from Lethal

Take Care

Andrew

^

I was thinking of the Lethal branded adjustable mounts. I'm not a fan anything Steeda or Granatelli, so those mounts won't be finding their way into my car.

I've dug around online quite a bit though and can't find any reports of OEM mount failures. Plus the descriptions that accompany each of these aftermarket mounts are awfully vague as to the benefits of installing them. :headscratch:

As thomas edision said why crack the egg if the chicken is already out

Plain english just do it be safe than sorry and my own personal quote

Don't ever go out without your rain coat you never know when your going to get rain.

If you like to hear more please free to write me at bellvueny@psycho.com attention

To bed wetter

Anthony

• 5 weeks later...

My new Lethal Performance motor mounts finally arrived. Here's what they look like.

I can either install them with or without the provided spacers. If I install without, then the motor will drop 1/2". Is there any concern with this kind of drop that I'm not thinking of?

DSC01723.jpg

DSC01724.jpg

If I install without, then the motor will drop 1/2". Is there any concern with this kind of drop that I'm not thinking of?

Ken:

Didn't you say you were going with LT Headers? That might make quite a bit of difference... If not, the drop would help CG get lower...

***edit to remove pics

^Thanks for the input guys. The long tubes are a good point. I'm not as concerned with how low they'll hang but if they might run into interference with the steering shaft or k-member by making the drop. I'll keep poking around for info on that.

As for install, it's simple once the motor is out of the way. Just a couple of bolts. If the motor is still in, you'll need to jack it up off the mounts. I'll scan and post Lethal's instructions, if you'd like.

Ken

^Thanks for the input guys. The long tubes are a good point. I'm not as concerned with how low they'll hang but if they might run into interference with the steering shaft or k-member by making the drop. I'll keep poking around for info on that.

As for install, it's simple once the motor is out of the way. Just a couple of bolts. If the motor is still in, you'll need to jack it up off the mounts. I'll scan and post Lethal's instructions, if you'd like.

Ken

Ken

My BMR Motor Mounts dropped the engine 1/2" and I have American Racing Long Tube Headers and there are no issues.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Good Luck

Andrew

Ken

My BMR Motor Mounts dropped the engine 1/2" and I have American Racing Long Tube Headers and there are no issues.

web.jpg

Good Luck

Andrew

Wow! That looks great, Andrew!

That 1/2 inch might allow the re-installation of the strut tower brace for us Whipple folks...

^You got it. I'm at work for the rest o the day, but can get something up tonight for sure.

Thanks for the input Andrew. I'm definitely going to give it a shot. What do you use to clean your Moroso pan by the way? Nothing I use on mine seems to work.

Ken

^You got it. I'm at work for the rest o the day, but can get something up tonight for sure.

Thanks for the input Andrew. I'm definitely going to give it a shot. What do you use to clean your Moroso pan by the way? Nothing I use on mine seems to work.

Ken

Ya know I guess I just don't drive it enough !!!!

Cause I ain't doing nothing special... sorry I can't help

Take Care

Andrew

Just a little heads up on what i found out with these motor mounts. I installed them yesterday and the spacer to keep it the stock level is actually 1/4" or more higher than my stock mm. I had to use some shock washers to get the motor to sit where i needed it so I could close my hood. Lowering it all the way caused some interferance with my Drivers side LT and the steering shaft. May not be a problem for everyone jus thought I would share. These are super easy to install.

Archived