TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford Racing lower A-arm brace

There's an old thread about this little brace somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I ordered it a long time ago but then forgot all about it, till I was at Sac Mustang this morning and they mentioned that they had it in stock for me. While NorCal Motorsports was dropping the engine next door, I asked them to quickly install the brace to see if it would clear my 7 quart Moroso oil pan. I don't remember who had asked me to report on this back in that old thread, but I wanted to follow up either way.

Long story short - this FRPP A-arm brace does clear the high capacity oil pan just fine. :)

Ken

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9790

DSC01037.jpg

My GT-H coupe did not have one. I bought this same brace and installed it. The mounting points were already there and it was a VERY easy install. Ford may have started installing this part on coupes, but at least through 2006 is was a convertible only part.

Ken

I remember something about wondering if this would fit with the Moroso oil pan ? And someone ordered one and was going to see if it fit.

Take Care

Andrew

Yeah that's right it was you. Well there ya go man. Sorry for the delay. ;)

I bought my '07 GT/CS coupe new and it had one. Another weird Ford thing I guess.

Both my convertibles (2006 and 2008) had them, as well as the 2009 coupe. Don't know when they started putting them on coupes.

I bought the Granatelli one (nice blue thing - FS) to put on the 2006; lo! and behold, there was one there already.

There's an old thread about this little brace somewhere, but I couldn't find it. Anyway, I ordered it a long time ago but then forgot all about it, till I was at Sac Mustang this morning and they mentioned that they had it in stock for me. While NorCal Motorsports was dropping the engine next door, I asked them to quickly install the brace to see if it would clear my 7 quart Moroso oil pan. I don't remember who had asked me to report on this back in that old thread, but I wanted to follow up either way.

Long story short - this FRPP A-arm brace does clear the high capacity oil pan just fine. :)

Ken

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...rtKeyField=9790

Ken,

Is this something you would recommend to add to my parts wish list?

or the other brace GNB shared:

http://www.cheperformance.com/CartGenie/prod-208.htm

If it is a good addition, then thinking I could add to my Christmas wish list.

Thanks

Lg

^

It's nothing critical by any means, but something worth throwing on there if the factory didn't already supply one.

The Che part looks pretty goofy to me and like some serious overkill for an A-arm brace. If you think you need torque limiters, then the Che piece is for you.

Ken

Archived