TEAM SHELBY FORUM

No Go for me on the 40th Pkg.

Grabber

After lots of thought I have decided to not do the 40th Pkg. on my inbound GT500. This is why:

1. The shipping nightmare and stress with it is too much, including cost.

2. I like the factory tires and rims, and the Pkg with optional tires and rims is now manditory, thus the cost of the Pkg is higher.

3. I do not care for the car being lowered. I like the factory hieght and comfort is a issue with me. A lowered vehicle will ride stiffer.

4. I do not care for the center gage cluster, Carbon fiber mirror covers & splitter.

5. I do not care for the 40th add on plaques next to the Cobras. Looks 80's to me IMO.

6. Shipping all my old parts back and storing them in my shop would be a hassle and cost.

7. The $11,400 that I do not spend on this Pkg will help me get many other things for my car.

I do plan on buying many of the items seperately, including the cool signed dash plate with my vin# on it. :happy feet:

Has anyone else changed their mind ? :headscratch:

I am getting the 40th Anniversary Package for my Black and Tungsten Coupe. I am #37 on the list and I will take my car to Shelby's shop in late March. The coil over suspension will actually make it ride and handle better. I saw the entire 40th package at SEMA and it looks a lot better in person. I am also doing a Kenne Bell Blower Upgrade. They are much more customer freindly than Whipple and I have a 10 Year old Kenne Bell on my Cobra that has never given me a problem. I saw 3 different 40th Anniversary Shelby Wheels at SEMA. I am trying to decide which ones I liked best.

I really like the people at Shelby. They are very customer freindly.

I sure love the car!!!

msdcobra

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am getting the 40th Anniversary Package for my Black and Tungsten Coupe. I am #37 on the list and I will take my car to Shelby's shop in late March. The coil over suspension will actually make it ride and handle better. I saw the entire 40th package at SEMA and it looks a lot better in person. I am also doing a Kenne Bell Blower Upgrade. They are much more customer freindly than Whipple and I have a 10 Year old Kenne Bell on my Cobra that has never given me a problem. I saw 3 different 40th Anniversary Shelby Wheels at SEMA. I am trying to decide which ones I liked best.

I really like the people at Shelby. They are very customer freindly.

I sure love the car!!!

msdcobra

I hope it all works out for you. Please post photos when it is done. I am sure it will be RIGHT for you. It is just not for me. BTW Amy has posted that the ride will be stiffer but will handle better, so you will be trading a little comfort for the better handling. I love the car too.

I'm not all the way off the fence, but i'm pretty close.

Now that you jumped off the fence I see you have many other Mods planned. :happy feet:

It seems that quite a few of us that were going to get this package have bailed out on it.

Makes me wonder if they will sell 1000 of them.

Now that you jumped off the fence I see you have many other Mods planned. :happy feet:

It seems that quite a few of us that were going to get this package have bailed out on it.

Makes me wonder if they will sell 1000 of them.

You know, G, I really think that it will be a stretch for them to bag a 1000 of us. If they allow other authorized vendors to sell/install the package across the country and Canada, then I'm sure they will, but under the current plan...?

You know, G, I really think that it will be a stretch for them to bag a 1000 of us. If they allow other authorized vendors to sell/install the package across the country and Canada, then I'm sure they will, but under the current plan...?

The current plan has too many hick-ups in the giddy-up. :rant:

Archived