TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Touch up paint

whazen1

I was hoping somewhere else might be a bit less expensive than the $15.00 or $20.00 they will probably charge. If nobody else has it, I will go to the dealer.

Sorry, only reliable good color match I have found was the Ford Parts counter. I picked some up for $11.21 Canadian including tax. Not bad for a good match.

Cheers

Brett

The color is torch red Code D3. I ordered it from the dealer so should have it this week.

I was washing the car and put the windshield wipers up. When I got done I opened the hood without thinking about the wipers. It put a scratch on the edge of the rear hood. Nobody but me can see it but I need to fix it as there are no scratches on my car. Hopefully it will work out good. Thanks for the tips. :banghead:

• 1 month later...

The color is torch red Code D3. I ordered it from the dealer so should have it this week.

I was washing the car and put the windshield wipers up. When I got done I opened the hood without thinking about the wipers. It put a scratch on the edge of the rear hood. Nobody but me can see it but I need to fix it as there are no scratches on my car. Hopefully it will work out good. Thanks for the tips. :banghead:

Clean with alcohol. Don't use the supplied brush. Apply thetouch up paint system with a fine tipped hobbiest brush.

I did the same thing with the wipers! :doh:

Hi,

Try Dr ColorChip - http://www.drcolorchip.com/

It is the best paint chip product I have used, really works. Not cheap though.

MM

MM have you had any long term problems with this stuff? I am glad someone here actually has tried it, the ads look too good to be true....I am ordering some tonight for 2 vehicles...Thanks for relating your experience...

Cheers!

Archived