TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Go Forged Alcoas or stay with Razors?

FordRocks1

Razors/Alcoas  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which wheels to go with?

• Razors?
    • Alcoas?

I have been offered a killer price on some Alcoa wheels and I am debating to go with them or keep the current Razors. I love the Razors and they get many compliments plus they have a deep dish look but many people are getting them now. On the other hand I have only seen one (a GO on here)SGT, well just recently two SGT's with them on(a Blue with KR ones)- the ones I may get are in the 20 inch size. Here is photoshop pic of the Alcoa ones, what do you guys think? Keep the Razors or go Alcoas? :headscratch:

Forgedsgt.jpg

tough call!!!

The chrome looks great on the black car, and the razors look really clean.....

I say if you cannot own both sets get the alcoas.....

Laurence

I would love to own both but living in a condo limits me as to what I can have for this vehicle.

P.S.

Are the Alcoas lighter in weight?

if so, thats another vote for the Alcoas.

Laurence

I'm not sure about the whole weight thing but the tires that the Alcoas comes with are the Invos and I currently run the Toyo proxes right now which doesn't really grip at the track, I'm leaning towards the Alcoas also so far.

Chris,

Your car looks great with the Razors on there now, and you made mention of tracking the car, so I'm going to vote to stay with the Razors. The reason is that if you go to 20" Alcoas, it won't do as well at the track. The Alcoas are nice, but don't they say KR on the rim? I've noticed that the 2010's have some 18" aluminum wheels that really look nice and that's what I really wanted on the wife's new car, but I couldn't get the dealer to make a swap for them. They are very similar to the Alcoas in look and I think the 18" size would be better on our car. Just my $.02 worth...

Carl

Chris,

Your car looks great with the Razors on there now, and you made mention of tracking the car, so I'm going to vote to stay with the Razors. The reason is that if you go to 20" Alcoas, it won't do as well at the track. The Alcoas are nice, but don't they say KR on the rim? I've noticed that the 2010's have some 18" aluminum wheels that really look nice and that's what I really wanted on the wife's new car, but I couldn't get the dealer to make a swap for them. They are very similar to the Alcoas in look and I think the 18" size would be better on our car. Just my $.02 worth...

Carl

Carl,

I only occasionally drag race this car, I have yet to go to a road course with it, there is just too much $$$ involved in road racing and maint. is high. The only wheels that says KR on them are the ones from the KR vehicles and only come in 18's but the Alcoas that anyone can buy from SPP are the 20's and only say Shelby Forged on them. Even my wife is telling me to stick with the Razors but I think its because she doesn't want me :finger: to spend a dime more on this car.....yeah right, like that will ever happen. The Alcoas just so happen to come along my way so its like damn do I go for it or keep saving for that SC?

Maybe I should just give the SC idea a rest (just get 4.10's and a tune) and save the $$ for a down payment on a 20XX GT500 :shrug:

your car looks awesome with the Razors, but I voted for the Alcoas because they are a wheel that, IMO, goes to the next level.

I notice you are lowered, make sure to use the correct tires out back so you don't have any issues.

Those wheels look great on your vert, what size tires/brand are you running?

Carl,

I only occasionally drag race this car, I have yet to go to a road course with it, there is just too much $$$ involved in road racing and maint. is high. The only wheels that says KR on them are the ones from the KR vehicles and only come in 18's but the Alcoas that anyone can buy from SPP are the 20's and only say Shelby Forged on them. Even my wife is telling me to stick with the Razors but I think its because she doesn't want me :finger: to spend a dime more on this car.....yeah right, like that will ever happen. The Alcoas just so happen to come along my way so its like damn do I go for it or keep saving for that SC?

Maybe I should just give the SC idea a rest (just get 4.10's and a tune) and save the $$ for a down payment on a 20XX GT500 :shrug:

Well, we BOTH know that when the wife is happy, everyone is happy! LOL I'd say keep the Razors and keep saving for the S/C...Plus, if your drag racing, the 20's will hurt your times vs. the 18's...and the ride will be stiffer with the 20's than with the 18's too...

Carl,

Shoot, hearing that small detail, I would suggest sticking with the razors and adding the S/C! Your car looks great as it is, as everyone has pointed out, put some FI on it and have fun!!!! :shift::shift:

Those wheels look great on your vert, what size tires/brand are you running?

Thank you.

I am running Toyo Proxe 4 255/35/20's up front and Toyo Proxe 4 275/35/20's out back. Those sizes work perfectly with the drop that I have.

Archived