TEAM SHELBY FORUM

venture shield

sharabi

I am posting here after significant time has elapsed since Kelley Neeley a certified venture shield installer did the work on my car...I have to admit he did an excellent job and am thankful to him for the great work he did.

If it was not for the fact that the job today is as it was day one when he finished it and that was in early summer i would not have posted.

Kelley is on the web page of Venture shield web side as a certified installer in the state of MI.

his website for people interested is:

http://www.graphixwerk.com/

I am not benefiting from this just to pass my own experience through!

I am posting here after significant time has elapsed since Kelley Neeley a certified venture shield installer did the work on my car...I have to admit he did an excellent job and am thankful to him for the great work he did.

If it was not for the fact that the job today is as it was day one when he finished it and that was in early summer i would not have posted.

Kelley is on the web page of Venture shield web side as a certified installer in the state of MI.

his website for people interested is:

http://www.graphixwerk.com/

I am not benefiting from this just to pass my own experience through!

PICS?

I am trailering my car down tomarrow to ClearBra of Oregon where Grabber had his installed. I sure hope mine dosen't turn orange. :hysterical: BTW Thanks Grabber for the info on the custom install from your old thread. Al still remembers your install as I mentioned I was looking to do the same thing. Yeah I was name dropping but it didn't seem to help with the price. :)

Image006-1-1.jpg

Am I seeing a little dirt trapped under the leading edge lip by the 2 arrows? If so...they should of made a 1 -2 inch cut in the material at that location to allow the material to lay down at the stripe to paint transition. the factory stripes are about 8 mils thick and the clear bra material will not lay down over it. It wants to have a slight bridge in it at that location. The relief cuts prevent that and allow it to sit down and not let dirt under the material.

Am I seeing a little dirt trapped under the leading edge lip by the 2 arrows? If so...they should of made a 1 -2 inch cut in the material at that location to allow the material to lay down at the stripe to paint transition. the factory stripes are about 8 mils thick and the clear bra material will not lay down over it. It wants to have a slight bridge in it at that location. The relief cuts prevent that and allow it to sit down and not let dirt under the material.

No relief cuts were made ...I thought you had a solution to the dirt trapping still in the relief cuts you had...i could be wrong but i remember something about using clear piece of tape over it so it does not show!

Again i could be wrong!

i will relay that to him thank you for pointing it out...for me am good with it....i have no stone chips and that what matters to me...for others who want it perfect they will appreciate what you have said.

No relief cuts were made ...I thought you had a solution to the dirt trapping still in the relief cuts you had...i could be wrong but i remember something about using clear piece of tape over it so it does not show!

Again i could be wrong!

i will relay that to him thank you for pointing it out...for me am good with it....i have no stone chips and that what matters to me...for others who want it perfect they will appreciate what you have said.

My relief cuts at those 4 locations on top of my hood have held up great. No dirt has worked its way under the material at those locations on top of the hood at all.

Here is how mine look.

ClearBracuts004.jpg

ClearBracuts005.jpg

ClearBracuts007.jpg

ClearBracuts010.jpg

ClearBracuts011.jpg

ClearBra2ndtime005.jpg

Again i could be wrong!

My installer did my front bumper with the stripes seperate. So the stripes on the front bumper have a seam that could take on dirt at the famous stripe overlap on the front bumper. My solution to keeping the dirt out of that location on my car was to put a piece of white pinstripe tape over the seam to cap the seam. this prevents any dirt or bugs or water from working the seam at the stripe location.

Here is what the white pin stripe tape on my front bumper looks like:

PinStripes001.jpg

PinStripes004.jpg

PinStripes005.jpg

PinStripes006.jpg

PinStripes012.jpg

PinStripes014.jpg

When I say "Relief cuts at 4 locations" on top of the hood...I'm talking about all 4 top sides of the stripes, not just the center where you are picking up some dirt in the small void area.

My installer made 4 relief cuts on the top leading edge as shown in this pic.

ClearBra2ndtime037.jpg

When I say "Relief cuts at 4 locations" on top of the hood...I'm talking about all 4 top sides of the stripes, not just the center where you are picking up some dirt in the small void area.

My installer made 4 relief cuts on the top leading edge as shown in this pic.

ClearBra2ndtime037.jpg

i got what you have said...actually mine is been neglected for few days without cleaning...even the flat edges are catching some dirt..you have to be very close to see any when waxed!

I will let him know about those 4 relief cuts and am sure he will appreciate the advice...

Archived