TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sick of this dang wheel hop!

nexxone_05

I'm going to change all the bushings in the rear to polyurethane ones and keep the stock components.

I read that using the poly bushings in the stock arms works good but they aren't stock after the polys are installed and haven't heard of anyone converting back to original. Not sure you can go back? The stock bushings allow the differential to articulate, polys in the stock arms don't. If your trying to keep it original, I wouldn't mess with it.

I read that using the poly bushings in the stock arms works good but they aren't stock after the polys are installed and haven't heard of anyone converting back to original. Not sure you can go back? The stock bushings allow the differential to articulate, polys in the stock arms don't. If your trying to keep it original, I wouldn't mess with it.

I understand what you're saying. Perhaps I should buy some "used" stock components to swap the bushings out of and save the stock components I remove from the car.

I understand what you're saying. Perhaps I should buy some "used" stock components to swap the bushings out of and save the stock components I remove from the car.

If you just replace the front UCA bushing. Wheel hop will be gone. Its the only soft bushing Ford used. One in rear end housing is hard and so are both LCA bushings.

Changing the bushings eliminated my wheel hop. Who would want to keep the stock rubber bushings just to keep the car "original?" Oh yeah, original looking with the original wheelhop function! :hysterical: BTW, Ford now sells its stock LCA's with 'improved' bushings.

because it gives ...hence the wheel hop!

Just the answer i would expect from someone that payed 150.00 for LCA's and still has wheel hop. You should of replaced your UCA. I tested this car about 1 1/2 ago and been telling everyone its the UCA. Not the LCA. That causes wheel hop. Welcome to the Slow learner,trainee club. I work on many Mustangs and can say for a fact. Its the UCA or if you want. Just replaced the UCA front bushing. Yea got it right now ???? :headscratch:

If you just replace the front UCA bushing. Wheel hop will be gone. Its the only soft bushing Ford used. One in rear end housing is hard and so are both LCA bushings.

+1 I believe this to be true. The UCA bushing was very squishy and it even had slots that you can see through! But I also changed the LCA bushings for my own peace of mind.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1622.jpg

Just the answer i would expect from someone that payed 150.00 for LCA's and still has wheel hop. You should of replaced your UCA. I tested this car about 1 1/2 ago and been telling everyone its the UCA. Not the LCA. That causes wheel hop. Welcome to the Slow learner,trainee club. I work on many Mustangs and can say for a fact. Its the UCA or if you want. Just replaced the UCA front bushing. Yea got it right now ???? :headscratch:

why this blunt response....i have no problem with launching the car and no wheel hop on reasonable tarmac...but on f :censored: ed up concrete here in MI i do occasionally have it...so what is the big deal....minor changes (LCA) solved lets say 90% ....am ok with it....you do not have to be rude to tell me that the UCA will solve my 10% left...you can say it in a nice way ;)

why this blunt response....i have no problem with launching the car and no wheel hop on reasonable tarmac...but on f :censored: ed up concrete here in MI i do occasionally have it...so what is the big deal....minor changes (LCA) solved lets say 90% ....am ok with it....you do not have to be rude to tell me that the UCA will solve my 10% left...you can say it in a nice way ;)

Your right i should of been nice about it. I kind of took your response as a little rude i guess. Sorry... But LCA don't solve wheel hop. Ive tested many cars. The stock ones are very good control arms. JMHO, better then the BMR's you bought.

Your right i should of been nice about it. I kind of took your response as a little rude i guess. Sorry... But LCA don't solve wheel hop. Ive tested many cars. The stock ones are very good control arms. JMHO, better then the BMR's you bought.

I know you found out about a flaw in Steeda design...in the UCA...i cannot recall the thread but you posted something about a flaw in their design and the diameter of the central opening is smaller...I could be wrong though..

I know you found out about a flaw in Steeda design...in the UCA...i cannot recall the thread but you posted something about a flaw in their design and the diameter of the central opening is smaller...I could be wrong though..

Yes i did. I tried a few different UCA's. I ended up fabricating my own. Only Steeda part left on my car is UCA bracket. Its very well made piece. I waisted some money on parts. Steeda UCA was one of them. Thats one way to learn. THE HARD WAY. Last Mustang i worked on. We just replaced UCA front bushing and it stopped all the wheel hop. Took about an 1 1/2 and 26 dollars. He runs it at the track all the time and is very happy. Here's the parts you need.

http://www.energysuspension.com/assets/files/pdf/17484.PDF

http://www.energysuspension.com/search-res...;partNumSearch=

Yes i did. I tried a few different UCA's. I ended up fabricating my own. Only Steeda part left on my car is UCA bracket. Its very well made piece. I waisted some money on parts. Steeda UCA was one of them. Thats one way to learn. THE HARD WAY. Last Mustang i worked on. We just replaced UCA front bushing and it stopped all the wheel hop. Took about an 1 1/2 and 26 dollars. He runs it at the track all the time and is very happy. Here's the parts you need.

:salute:

Thanks for everyones input. You just saved me a bunch of time and a few bucks.

Archived