TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any Special Editions done Pics

mustang crazy

?

You mean like, the California Special, Rousch, Steeda, Saleen factory cars?

......or do you mean individual people doing modifications to their cars?

Yeah, I see what you mean now. You want to see a GT500 SE car finished. Me too !

Wow, that is a umm unique automobile.

I was perusing the SE package yesterday. Looks fairly nice.

The only thing about those packages that is compromising the performance is the wheel option...why to have a narrow wheel/tire that will spin the rear and not put the power to the ground especially if you opt for the 600+ option HP?

I was going to get this, the day it came out....but after some reflection at throwing 20k into it through SAI, or putting 8k myself, I think I have to do it myself since there is at least 50% markup and 30% of stuff I am not interested in or already had. Plus, recent developments make me not want to go that route anyway...

If you are going to do something like this, why not just wait and get a GT350 next year? ...I mean, its half the price or close to it unless you strictly do the base package...but I was going to add some other things that put me at 22-24k...

I was going to get this, the day it came out....but after some reflection at throwing 20k into it through SAI, or putting 8k myself, I think I have to do it myself since there is at least 50% markup and 30% of stuff I am not interested in or already had. Plus, recent developments make me not want to go that route anyway...

If you are going to do something like this, why not just wait and get a GT350 next year? ...I mean, its half the price or close to it unless you strictly do the base package...but I was going to add some other things that put me at 22-24k...

Is that a seled deal or a rumor....I mean the 400hp aluminum as gt350?

I was one of the people pestering Amy for this package but when it was finally revealed, it wasn't what really we asked for. They watered down the 40th (no stripes in the SE package, no razor wheels) and it lost its appeal to me. I feel bad that I asked for this package and didn't buy it but the changes they made from the 40th were a deal breaker for me. If I could get the silver stripes and Razors, I'd sign up..... but those are not available options

Frankly, I am glad it isn't close to the 40th....I mean no offense but I want all the different packages to be different enough from one another. If not, they sort of lose what makes them unique and special.

I think SAI will always have the difficult task of balancing between two groups: those that want the exclusivity of their machine protected and those that want components of a certain package but not the whole thing (i.e. KR hoods, 40th stripes etc).

I have mixed feelings about this package. I would like to think I had some influence with helping SAI design this package. I was the one who started the thread and was asked by Amy to "lead" with the ideas. A few emails were volleyed back and forth with ideas for this package.

I must say that SAI came pretty close to what we wanted. My biggest concern (as well as most here) with doing a GT500 package was "suspension". That's where we needed it most, in the suspension.

I hope the package sells and SAI does good from it. It's a moot point for me now since i've traded my GT500 in for a KR.

I think SAI will always have the difficult task of balancing between two groups: those that want the exclusivity of their machine protected and those that want components of a certain package but not the whole thing (i.e. KR hoods, 40th stripes etc).

+1

I wish they would have offered the "KR" as a package like the supersnake... I love the 18' alcoas and the carbon fiber hood and want them for my car...

I Know, buy the car and they come with it... If they would have offered the KR in a vert I would have bought one in a heartbeat...

Not to change the subject but the GT/SR package is the same I do not know of one person who got the GT/SR package I would have done it but they NEVER could get me a price so I guess they don't really need the money.

Wow seems no one has SE GT 500 I was thinking about it but have to have diffrent rims.Supension and larger brakes and little performance. Them Chev. guys keep swaming the house what to run. I tell them go else where do not street race.We played a little and they thought that all I had I laugh and said where were you at!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Not to change the subject but the GT/SR package is the same I do not know of one person who got the GT/SR package I would have done it but they NEVER could get me a price so I guess they don't really need the money.

why can't we get an sr type package for the gt500

all suspension, engine, roll-bar, race seats...

that i would buy, otherwise i'll just do myself and save $$$

My problem why they couldn't get me a price is I already have the Whipple 550, Baer 6 piston brakes, bezels for the brake ducts but I have the driving lights instead of the brake ducts installed and they claim they can not install the driving lights with the brake ducts that there is not enough room. So I already have half the mods that come on the GT/SR and wanted a price for them to complete the rest of the transformation. I did get a phone call from SAI one night this last summer and we discussed my options and then he said he would get back to me on a price so as weeks went by then months went by I would email once a week asking very politely if they had a price and he would say he is waiting for upper managements approval then he could get me a price so I assume upper management was not interested in converting my half converted car.

I think they want to do the entire package as a whole so for those of us who already have half the mods I guess we are SOL.

I will look at it this way it probably worked out in my favor because when the GT350 comes out I will have the money to buy that so things do work out for a reason

• 3 weeks later...

IM000388.JPG

Would like to see any pictures of 08-09 special edition done Thanks

Got my first Gt 500 Special Edition back last week. Added all the performance options of the Super Snake Package.

For those with limited color and stripe Shelby's, this is a great package!!! If you want, I will send better pictures directly to you.

post-149-1124242233_thumb.jpg[attachment

=

51699:09SE007_Scan.jpg]

Got my first Gt 500 Special Edition back last week. Added all the performance options of the Super Snake Package.

For those with limited color and stripe Shelby's, this is a great package!!! If you want, I will send better pictures directly to you.

Looks awesome Thanks for pictures

post-149-1124242233_thumb.jpg[attachment

=

51699:09SE007_Scan.jpg]

Do you have a stripe color option with this package?

• 4 weeks later...

post-149-1124242233_thumb.jpg

Nice looking ride! Yea, I begged for a red stripe option for the SS, but nope. Then the SE package came out. Basically exactly what I was looking for, but I had already done some mods and just could not justify the cost of the package, particularly since to make it feel done to me I was interested in a number of the options. 750 HP, upgraded brakes, etc.

Looks smokin, and has to be a VERY rare thing. since you added to rare things, the SE + Red Appearance Package.

Not sure if one of the goals is to have it worth big $$ 20+ years from now, but keep it as is, and it will be worth big bucks later!

Congrads!

Archived